FBHW Forums
What are you going to do once the undead rise? - Printable Version

+- FBHW Forums (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw)
+-- Forum: Way Up High In The Playpen (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: Wheel of Bad Games (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: What are you going to do once the undead rise? (/showthread.php?tid=2540)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - krystal - 03-26-2009

Yes, but would Ocracoke be like Eden when the apocolypse is over???

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - Rock Monster - 03-26-2009

Jiggy Wrote:it is a 40 min ferry ride from mainland. That's one hell of a zombie bridge.

IF they were to take the same route as the ferry, yes. What if they go from little island to little island? Not so far then, huh?

Why take the chance?
Risks = death

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - sunshyne - 03-26-2009

When I think of zombies in water I think of the Pirates of the carribean movie when Barbosa says Take a walk. And the cursed skeleton crew walks underwater to the ship. I think the distance to Hawaii would be much more difficult for the to traverse. Maybe we can get the scuba divers in Hawaii to do reconnasance.

sunshyne Wrote:When I think of zombies in water I think of the Pirates of the carribean movie when Barbosa says Take a walk. And the cursed skeleton crew walks underwater to the ship. I think the distance to Hawaii would be much more difficult for the to traverse. Maybe we can get the scuba divers in Hawaii to do reconnasance.

You have to admit it's a valid point.

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - -Jiggy- - 03-26-2009

Krystal Wrote:
sunshyne Wrote:When I think of zombies in water I think of the Pirates of the carribean movie when Barbosa says Take a walk. And the cursed skeleton crew walks underwater to the ship. I think the distance to Hawaii would be much more difficult for the to traverse. Maybe we can get the scuba divers in Hawaii to do reconnasance.

You have to admit it's a valid point.

No. Because you guys are trying to talk Hollywood. This is real life.

We have already given several reasons why Hawaii is a better choice. You have yet to give a single reason why NC is better in your mind. Please enlighten us.

Rock Monster Wrote:We have already given several reasons why Hawaii is a better choice. You have yet to give a single reason why NC is better in your mind. Please enlighten us.

It's not NC specifically. This is just where we agreed on. Like Titan said you are relying on someone that knows how to fly a plane to get there. I see this only ending in disaster. I think you are overlooking how crazy everything is going to get once shit hits the fan. Just us driving down to TN or NC will take 1-2 weeks.

Your plan def. sounds like the sexy pick but ours is more common sense. You guys are blinded by the fact that you think you will be vacationing.

I'm going to wind up somewhere where there's a winter, aren't I? Sad

Krystal Wrote:I'm going to wind up somewhere where there's a winter, aren't I? Sad

eff that. Stick with the Hawaii plan. I am.

Rock Monster Wrote:
Krystal Wrote:I'm going to wind up somewhere where there's a winter, aren't I? Sad

eff that. Stick with the Hawaii plan. I am.

Krystal, if you want to live come with me.[/arnold]

I'm wishy-washy. I think I'll stick with Sunshyne and her arsenal. I don't want to decide. I don't trust my judgement.

We have Mark working with us. A friggin Mercenary. This dude could kill you just by wishing it.

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - Mad Dog - 03-26-2009

If I go to Hawaii, do I still have to die in a love triangle?

I'll go to whichever place, depending on who promises me my own, zombie-free island.

Krystal Wrote:I'll go to whichever place, depending on who promises me my own, zombie-free island.

RM can't promise you a zombie free island. It's too big to control. Besides what happens if someday down the road you guys exhaust all your supplies and there is no gas to fly the planes anymore.

You know what we do on our island we take a ferry 40 mins to land and get more supplies.

Hawaii does have more than one island. It has several to choose from. We don't have to take the biggest one. Besides If the Big Island gets infected, we just Island hop like Marines to the next one.

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - zdunklee - 03-26-2009

Mad Dog, that would have the same issues as Okracoke then, if the big island is infected then couldn't the zombies just bridge their way to the next island? I'm staying with Okracoke because we would have decent access to the mainland if we ever do run out of supplies, if you run out of supplies in Hawaii, you're as good as dead.

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - 0rz0ski - 03-26-2009

Listen, we're going to HAVE to have both groups, one in Hawaii, one in Ocracoke. Why? We've gotta hedge our bets. We can't put all eggs in one basket. The future of the world depends on small bands of people sticking it out for survival purposes.

Both locations have their strengths and weaknesses. The point is, we are that damn tough, we could live anywhere that we have to in order to survive, and take back the Earth. We have to protect Mankind.

Mankind. That word should Mankind -- that word should have new meaning for all of us, after this zombie apocalypse.

We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore.

We will be united in our common interests.

We are going to be fighting for our freedom, not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution -- but from annihilation.

We're fighting for our right to live, to exist.

And should we win the day, it will be said that the world declared in one voice:

"We will not go quietly into the night!

We will not vanish without a fight!

We're going to live on!

We're going to survive!"

Now let's get out there, and kick some zombie ass!!!!!!
>Sad >Sad

YEAAAAAA!!!!!!

0rz0ski Wrote:Listen, we're going to HAVE to have both groups, one in Hawaii, one in Ocracoke. Why? We've gotta hedge our bets. We can't put all eggs in one basket. The future of the world depends on small bands of people sticking it out for survival purposes.

Both locations have their strengths and weaknesses. The point is, we are that damn tough, we could live anywhere that we have to in order to survive, and take back the Earth. We have to protect Mankind.

Mankind. That word should Mankind -- that word should have new meaning for all of us, after this zombie apocalypse.

We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore.

We will be united in our common interests.

We are going to be fighting for our freedom, not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution -- but from annihilation.

We're fighting for our right to live, to exist.

And should we win the day, it will be said that the world declared in one voice:

"We will not go quietly into the night!

We will not vanish without a fight!

We're going to live on!

We're going to survive!"

Now let's get out there, and kick some zombie ass!!!!!!
>Sad >Sad

Well then that means we have to split the women up, they can't all go to one place or that plan would fail.

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - Titan! - 03-26-2009

Im not totally opposed to Hawaii, I just don't think we can get a plane and pilot that will be willing to stop at all of the listening areas and pick everyone up.

Also, we already decided that these are NOT magic zombies, so the Pirates of the Caribbean scenario is totally nothing for us to worry about.

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - Philly Mike - 03-26-2009

what is with all of this talk about islands. More than likely they will be overrun too. these virus' dont just immediately hit people. they slowly work their way. chances are that there is at least 1 infected person on every plane and/or boat out there before the epidemic starts to go full force. this is how this thing gets spread so strongly because the virus will spread without showing itself, then hit a person once it hits someone gets a light scratch or something and it is passed on to the person who got scratched and they go on thinking it was just a simple thing that can just be treated with some antibiotic cream and a band aid. these people go on with their lives it breaks and they scratch/bite a couple of people and so on and so on. some of these people are bound to be traveling abroad and chances are that more than a few have a break either on the plane and are subdued after making a few marks on people, those people spread it all once they land and the cycle picks up momentum and Hawaii and basically every other island is taken. Basically we could use a place along the water but not surrounded by water. Salt water can be useful for generators and such because of the waves and whatnot, or even rivers can be useful because of the movement. However we need land in case a retreat is needed, you can only island hop so long before you run out of island and the next solid piece of land will be too far to travel. We would need to gather and make our own cities. Increase keep the zombies away from our main settlement, and try to create new technology to eradicate the zombies, weather it be a conventional weapon or a biological weapon. we would need to create something that will kill them and share it with any other cities that may be in peril. Making a society will be the only method of survival for us all, and keeping to land but still near water we can use is needed especially if we plan on planting any food or raising any animals for food.

Island = easier to defend, the zombies can only come from the land mass side, they can't come from the ocean, and anyone who displays any zombie tendencies we already decided would be shot on the spot.

zdunklee Wrote:Island = easier to defend, the zombies can only come from the land mass side, they can't come from the ocean, and anyone who displays any zombie tendencies we already decided would be shot on the spot.
but what would you do if you reach land and there is already a huge swarm of zombie waiting everywhere you can possibly make landfall?
You at least have more security if people band together and you build fortification and countermeasures, instead of uprooting and taking chances on trying to settle somewhere that is a true unknown. you run the risk of going there only to have to turn back and maybe not have a place to turn back to.

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - Titan! - 03-26-2009

Well if we do pick an island, (and I think that's our best choice) we need to be prepared to clean it out before we can make it habitable

remember the end of the remake of Dawn of the Dead ? they took a sail boat to an island, and were greeted by an island full of zombies

Wherever we settle we gotta send the first landing party with guns a blazin ready and prepared to take heavy casualties

well thats why i figure it would be best to settle no main land because we will minimize our losses, and be able to rebuild. if you go to an island you have more to worry about than just zombies. What if we get the Hawaiian version of katrina? We would be worse off than we were before. We would need to find a place that is not in "tornado alley", "The ring of fire" or in the general path of hurricane season. We need to limit the natural disaster factor to help our survival and the fight against the undead menace. If we take heavy casualties we get less chance of survival.

Which is why an island in Michigan would be good, like Mackinac Island, it already has a giant fort there, and is surrounded by all the fresh water we could need. It might be cold during the winter, but there is a lot of trees we could cut, and no hurricanes etc, to deal with.

zdunklee Wrote:Which is why an island in Michigan would be good, like Mackinac Island, it already has a giant fort there, and is surrounded by all the fresh water we could need. It might be cold during the winter, but there is a lot of trees we could cut, and no hurricanes etc, to deal with.

well that is a different story than hawaii. It may be surrounded by water but it has plenty of main land. it would be a good place for a settlement. as would some spots along the mississippi, and the delaware.

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - -Jiggy- - 03-27-2009

Philly Mike Wrote:
zdunklee Wrote:Which is why an island in Michigan would be good, like Mackinac Island, it already has a giant fort there, and is surrounded by all the fresh water we could need. It might be cold during the winter, but there is a lot of trees we could cut, and no hurricanes etc, to deal with.

well that is a different story than hawaii. It may be surrounded by water but it has plenty of main land. it would be a good place for a settlement. as would some spots along the mississippi, and the delaware.

I have no problems with this either but it def. can not be Hawaii.

You might as well be signing your own death certificate.

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - Titan! - 03-27-2009

My only complaint against Macinac is the damn Michigan winter with only wood stoves for heating.

BUT

Maybe we can rig a way to keep the furnaces running ?

Also, I think I read somewhere that central heating is possible with wood stoves

I really do like the idea of a premade fort

Anyone have any experience cutting timber ?

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - Philly Mike - 03-27-2009

if we could get access to a stream and we can create wind power along with some methane power sources and solar, we could have more than enough energy to create electric heat.

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - Rock Monster - 03-27-2009

Jiggy Wrote:...Besides what happens if someday down the road you guys exhaust all your supplies and there is no gas to fly the planes anymore.

You know what we do on our island we take a ferry 40 mins to land and get more supplies.

a) we use either the heli-chopters, subs, cargo ships, aircraft carriers, or yachts that are already there.
b) we fly/sail/etc to the main land to get extra supplies before we run out
c)if you run out on your island, you would be in the same situation. it's a moot point.

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - Queenie - 03-27-2009

Titan ! Wrote:Im not totally opposed to Hawaii, I just don't think we can get a plane and pilot that will be willing to stop at all of the listening areas and pick everyone up.

This brings up an essential topic. Who is going to be responsible for securing Free Beer, Hot Wing, Zane and Joe? We can't go without them.

Do we really need Zane?

I'll be too busy rounding up some good looking women (can't repopulate the world with ugs)... and securing a pilot.

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - Philly Mike - 03-27-2009

Queenie Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:Im not totally opposed to Hawaii, I just don't think we can get a plane and pilot that will be willing to stop at all of the listening areas and pick everyone up.

This brings up an essential topic. Who is going to be responsible for securing Free Beer, Hot Wing, Zane and Joe? We can't go without them.

Well my guess is as many people that can make it to them and gather them in one place. We must keep them protected, they will be the new leaders of our zombie riddled world. they would make the decision of weather or not to go to an island or stay on main land. So as many people that can get to them will have to take care of that and protect them with their lives. If any of them are infected we will no matter what have to find a cure because we will not lose them.

Philly Mike Wrote:...hey will be the new leaders of our zombie riddled world...

The best news about this.....

PAINTBALL GOKARTING FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Word Bitch ! Paintball GoKarting Like A MothaF Up In This Place ! ! !

I think it should be up to our commando Mark to make sure FB,HW, EZ, PJ and some of the interns make it out safe. He is our commando after all.

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - -Jiggy- - 03-27-2009

Okay, so we will agree to have separate bases. This can be like an expanded version of Lost when they had a group by the caves and one on the beach.

it might have to be that way

And as much as I hate the idea of MORE damn snow, Fort MAcinac might be the best option for us in the GR area.

Who's GR's closest listening area ? Nashville of NJ ?

Any of you folks want to make your way towards our way, you're welcome to join us

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - zdunklee - 03-27-2009

That's ok, cause us GR people also get the cast of FBHW's so I'll take the cold weather knowing we'll have awesome radio to go with it.