FBHW Forums
What are you going to do once the undead rise? - Printable Version

+- FBHW Forums (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw)
+-- Forum: Way Up High In The Playpen (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: Wheel of Bad Games (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: What are you going to do once the undead rise? (/showthread.php?tid=2540)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - Philly Mike - 03-28-2009

zdunklee Wrote:note to mike: RPG's can't even travel a mile and they are way lighter than a chainsaw with a gallon and a half of gas. RPG's are generally only highly accurate to 50 meters, although can reach up to 300 meters in skilled hands, nowhere near a mile.

Like I said 1 maybe 2 zombies before it hits the ground and is useless and besides that they would be highly inaccurate and would only work if they severd the head completely, which would be very unlikely, it's not like they can float and spin in mid air.

The technology of the rocket propelled chainsaw will be different. we have better technology than when the RPG was made.
I believe this picture of one actually in use in real life more than proves the distance. Just look at how long the smoke trail is.

[Image: ImageD.jpg]

By the way, RPGs don't have that much fuel on them. Plus if you add some sort of remote control to the rocket it will travel nicely. And you can also make the rocket and launcher bigger thus allowing it to travel further, and accurately in the hands of an expert.
If we also add a C4 charge to it we can have it explode by a detonator button on the remote controller thus taking out all the zombies within the blast radius too.

Jiggy Wrote:You don't have to sever a zombie's head to kill it. Damaging the brain kills a zombie. Technically you could kill a zombie with a slingshot if you were good enough.
This is true, you only need to pierce the brain and cause a disruption in the signals getting sent through the brains. Actually instead of explosive charges you could just use a small electrical charge like even that of a AAA battery to disrupt these signals, so if you electrify the tips and have the battery activate by the momentum of the arrow shot it can be very effective this way if you hit the spinal cord you could send a charge up the spine directly into the brain, frying it.

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - zdunklee - 03-28-2009

The RPCS is still only good for a straight line, yea blowing it up might help, but unless the zombies are single file it's a waste of a perfectly good chainsaw.

Jiggy, you realize shooting a zombie in the head with an arrow won't sufficently damage a zombies brain right? In order for it to stop sending signals to the body you have to sever the brainstem. If you can be that accurate with a bow you can take your chances, but I would leave that up to the skilled mercenary of the group.

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - -Jiggy- - 03-28-2009

zdunklee Wrote:The RPCS is still only good for a straight line, yea blowing it up might help, but unless the zombies are single file it's a waste of a perfectly good chainsaw.

Jiggy, you realize shooting a zombie in the head with an arrow won't sufficently damage a zombies brain right? In order for it to stop sending signals to the body you have to sever the brainstem. If you can be that accurate with a bow you can take your chances, but I would leave that up to the skilled mercenary of the group.

That's why I said if I had room for it. My main weapons still stand as originally planned. Although I think I may like the idea of a machete more than a samurai sword. Maybe I'll have the samurai strapped to my body so I can carry the machete.

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - zdunklee - 03-28-2009

How about one of these?

[flash=350,287]http://www.youtube.com/v/NV-dMoVGNLc&hl=en[/flash]

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - -Jiggy- - 03-28-2009

That's pretty slick. I wonder how durable it is?

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - zdunklee - 03-29-2009

Good question, but I bet it would be a good last resort weapon.

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - -Jiggy- - 03-29-2009

Either way, you have a friggin belt and sword in one. I looked it up. It starts at $150 dollars. Too expensive for my taste.

Yes, but they will be free when we steal the stockpile once the apocalypse starts.

I found a good list for research:

http://www.askmen.com/top_10/entertainment_60/99_top_10_list.html

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - Titan! - 03-29-2009

Philly Mike Wrote:[quote author=zdunklee board=bs thread=3106 post=81593 time=1238215535]
The technology of the rocket propelled chainsaw will be different. we have better technology than when the RPG was made.
I believe this picture of one actually in use in real life more than proves the distance. Just look at how long the smoke trail is.

And the smoke trail don't lie

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - Titan! - 03-29-2009

Jiggy Wrote:I found a good list for research:

http://www.askmen.com/top_10/entertainment_60/99_top_10_list.html

Everyone should make sure they've watched all 10 of these movies at least 10 times before the zombapocalypse, as well as reading The Zombie Survial Guide, and As many backissues of The Walking Dead that you can find

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - Mad Dog - 03-29-2009

Finally!! Empirical video evidence of Zombie infestation and the rise of the first Zombies!!! This video may reshape our pre-conceived notions on what our plan of attack should be.

[flash=350,287]http://www.youtube.com/v/rT7AH4JyuNs&hl=en[/flash]

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - alex - 03-29-2009

http://www.cracked.com/article_15643_5-scientific-reasons-zombie-apocalypse-could-actually-happen.html

Uh, not good?

What is definitely true is the story of Clairvius Narcisse. He was a Haitian guy who was declared dead by two doctors and buried in 1962. They found him wandering around the village 18 years later. It turned out the local voodoo priests had been using naturally occurring chemicals to basically zombify people and putting them to work on the sugar plantations (no, really).

So, the next time you're pouring a little packet of sugar into your coffee, remember that it may have been handled by a zombie at some point.

zdunklee Wrote:Uh, not good?

What is definitely true is the story of Clairvius Narcisse. He was a Haitian guy who was declared dead by two doctors and buried in 1962. They found him wandering around the village 18 years later. It turned out the local voodoo priests had been using naturally occurring chemicals to basically zombify people and putting them to work on the sugar plantations (no, really).

So, the next time you're pouring a little packet of sugar into your coffee, remember that it may have been handled by a zombie at some point.

I've actually seen documentaries on this voodoo zombie stuff. I guess whatever they do to you makes your heartbeat so faint no one can hear or feel it. They have dug up bodies in Haiti where there have been clawmarks in the coffins.

Thank God I don't live in a primitive society like that. At least I know if that ever happened here either the hospital machines would hear my heart or they would embalm me and then I wouldn't wake up in a coffin.

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - Mad Dog - 03-30-2009

zdunklee Wrote:It turned out the local voodoo priests had been using naturally occurring chemicals.....

I saw a documentary on this guy too, and they think they narrowed down the chemical to the poison of certain type of puffer fish that if they if they used more than trace amounts it would kill you on the spot.

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - krystal - 03-30-2009

This is totally what we need in these trying times ahead. . .

Mark the Valet Wrote:[Image: sup.jpg]

I feel so much safer already. :Smile

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - Titan! - 03-30-2009

The goofy look is just an act to fool the enemy, thats a bad ass killing maching right there

Lord, I hope so.

Well, I don't think the outbreak is going to happen today or tomorrow, so maybe we need to get in some practice with our weapons before hand ?

I suggest everyone goes out and buys their swords/machetes/chainsaws and starts getting used to using them as weapons.

I'm definitely going to start practicing. Especially since my neighbor got mugged taking out the trash last week. That makes me feel safe.

I say that carrying a sword should be legal. I think we as a society would have less crime if everyon carried a Katana, or Rapier with them

Don't get me wrong, I carry a knife. It's sharper than hell and I can just flip it open, but it's not very scary looking, mainly, well, mainly because it's carried by me.

Krystal Wrote:Don't get me wrong, I carry a knife. It's sharper than hell and I can just flip it open, but it's not very scary looking, mainly, well, mainly because it's carried by me.

That's what I mean, your little knife might be sharp and deadly, but visually it's not much of a deterrent.

You plus a 3 foot blade of sharpened steel ? Much more intimidating

Unless it's 3 against one and they come at me from behind. Why does crime have to pay so well?

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - Rock Monster - 03-30-2009

Krystal Wrote:Unless it's 3 against one and they come at me from behind.

I think this deserves it's own thread...

Rock Monster Wrote:
Krystal Wrote:Unless it's 3 against one and they come at me from behind.

I think this deserves it's own thread...

I hate you.

But I set myself up for it. I hate myself. I'm talking about getting mugged, not triple-teamed.

Criminals want quick easy targets, show them that you're armed and they'll move on to someone who isnt

Unlike the undead who don't seem to recognize when a human has a weapon.

Also, I think there's the potential for a new job title, "Head of body burning" This would be the person who's responsible for making sure that once a zombie is de-headed the remainders are burnt.

I'm open to discussion, but I think this could be a secondary job title,

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - Howie Feltersnatch - 03-30-2009

it will require a lot of fuel (gasoline, diesel, kerosene) to get a body rolling....I'd say mass graves to conserve that fuel, also...you don't want any viruses and pathogens to volatilize and be released into the air upon being heated up.

Soil (microbes) has an amazing ability to digest almost anything

*Dork Alert*<-----to me

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - alex - 03-30-2009

We could also summon Captain Planet

EARTH!

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - sunshyne - 03-30-2009

Titan ! Wrote:I say that carrying a sword should be legal. I think we as a society would have less crime if everyon carried a Katana, or Rapier with them

I just carry a hand gun.

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - sunshyne - 03-30-2009

Titan ! Wrote:Criminals want quick easy targets, show them that you're armed and they'll move on to someone who isnt

Also, I think there's the potential for a new job title, "Head of body burning" This would be the person who's responsible for making sure that once a zombie is de-headed the remainders are burnt.

This is another reason that Hawaii would rock, we could just toss any Zombie remains in the volcanoes.

sunshyne Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:Criminals want quick easy targets, show them that you're armed and they'll move on to someone who isnt

This is another reason that Hawaii would rock, we could just toss any Zombie remains in the volcanoes.

It could become a game.

Sweetness Times Ten!!! It will be like dwarf tossing except with mangled Zombies and hot lava!!

sunshyne Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:I say that carrying a sword should be legal. I think we as a society would have less crime if everyon carried a Katana, or Rapier with them

I just carry a hand gun.

yeah but unless you wear it on your hip no one sees it and thus arent deterred

I sure am glad I can throw Hadoukens.

Hmmmm???^^ Whats a Hadouken??

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - Mark the Valet - 03-30-2009

Mad Dog Wrote:Hmmmm???^^ Whats a Hadouken??

[Image: 145280-hadoken.gif]

Well if Doktor can do that ^^ we don't have to wory about Zombies.

Chi charred corpses.