FBHW Forums
Another reason I don - Printable Version

+- FBHW Forums (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw)
+-- Forum: Way Up High In The Playpen (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: The Touchy Subject Forum (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Another reason I don (/showthread.php?tid=1031)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Another reason I don - Wiener Poopie - 08-07-2008

From the Murder of Tim McLean (guy on Canadian bus)
These are the same churches that picket at the funerals of U.S. soldiers.

Fred Phelps' Westboro Baptist Church announced on August 5, 2008 that they would picket the funeral of Tim McLean, stating:

Another reason I don - Queenie - 08-07-2008

Yeah but you can't blame God for the acts of stupid people. God does not make bad things happen, bad people do. There are a lot of misguided so called "christians" out there. But just because the church they belong to support and assembles this type of behavior does not mean that God had a hand in it.

Another reason I don - fistor!@# - 08-07-2008

Calling attention to them is exactly what they want, which is why they try to be more and more outlandish.

They protested a soldier's funeral here in Hudsonville last year (or the year before). A bunch of Harley riders placed themselves between the protesters and the church and reved their engines so that the protesters could not be heard. I guess these Harley riders follow these idiots around and do the same all over the place. Pretty cool.

Another reason I don - kaboobie92 - 08-07-2008

Queenie Wrote:Yeah but you can't blame God for the acts of stupid people. God does not make bad things happen, bad people do. There are a lot of misguided so called "christians" out there. But just because the church they belong to support and assembles this type of behavior does not mean that God had a hand in it.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

See prior post . . . the Motorcycle Ministry is taking off!!

http://fbhw.proboards47.com/index.cgi?board=politics&action=display&thread=524#19473

Queenie Wrote:Yeah but you can't blame God for the acts of stupid people. God does not make bad things happen, bad people do. There are a lot of misguided so called "christians" out there. But just because the church they belong to support and assembles this type of behavior does not mean that God had a hand in it.

But my question is would god allow people to perform these acts using his name? If yes he is evil, if no then I believe he is in the wrong for not striking them down where they stand.

Another reason I don - Biff - 08-07-2008

wienerpoopie Wrote:

But my question is would god allow people to perform these acts using his name? If yes he is evil, if no then I believe he is in the wrong for not striking them down were they stand.

So your perception of God is that he controls your every action and he makes you do good and bad things?

Another reason I don - Howie Feltersnatch - 08-07-2008

wienerpoopie Wrote:

But my question is would god allow people to perform these acts using his name? If yes he is evil, if no then I believe he is in the wrong for not striking them down where they stand.

We are left to lead our own lives....nothing happens until we die then it's judgement time.

I want Lionell Hutz to defend me[Image: lionel_hutz_2.jpg]

Admin Wrote:
wienerpoopie Wrote:But my question is would god allow people to perform these acts using his name? If yes he is evil, if no then I believe he is in the wrong for not striking them down were they stand.

So your perception of God is that he controls your every action and he makes you do good and bad things?

What is the point in believing in something that does nothing otherwise? Wouldn

wienerpoopie Wrote:

Have you ever done something that is against God's principles? I would have to answer that for you and say yes. Do you then, Mr. Poopie, think it's okay that God has allowed you to live your life as you see fit and not strike you down in your tracks, but that He is wrong for not striking down these protesters? We have freedom of speech in our world, and anybody can say they are fighting for any person or cause they want. We decide our own selves when we get up each morning whether it is going to be a good day or a bad day, whether we will be pleasant or rude, whether we will be helpful or a hindrance. Our own individual lives are what we individually make them. God has no power over free will.

Queenie Wrote:
wienerpoopie Wrote:But my question is would god allow people to perform these acts using his name? If yes he is evil, if no then I believe he is in the wrong for not striking them down where they stand.

God has no power over free will.

Like the fairly odd parents....

Another reason I don - dasbow - 08-07-2008

Fistor Wrote:Calling attention to them is exactly what they want, which is why they try to be more and more outlandish.

They protested a soldier's funeral here in Hudsonville last year (or the year before). A bunch of Harley riders placed themselves between the protesters and the church and reved their engines so that the protesters could not be heard. I guess these Harley riders follow these idiots around and do the same all over the place. Pretty cool.
They call themselves the Patriot Guard Riders. FB&HW interviewed the man who sued the Westboro a-holes (and won!!) for trying to disrupt his son's funeral.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/01/us/01funeral.html

The Patriot Guard does a great job keeping the lunatics at bay without violence. That prevents the Westboro jackasses from being able to sue municipalities, which one of the ways they finance themselves.

http://www.patriotguard.org/

Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:God has no power over free will.

Like the fairly odd parents....

Awesome show . . . but no.

Another reason I don - Allyson - 08-07-2008

I am a fairly rational and easy-going person. But I would truly commit a terrorist act against WBC.

[quote="wienerpoopie"]

Queenie Wrote:
wienerpoopie Wrote:But my question is would god allow people to perform these acts using his name? If yes he is evil, if no then I believe he is in the wrong for not striking them down where they stand.

Have you ever done something that is against God's principles? I would have to answer that for you and say yes. Do you then, Mr. Poopie, think it's okay that God has allowed you to live your life as you see fit and not strike you down in your tracks, but that He is wrong for not striking down these protesters? We have freedom of speech in our world, and anybody can say they are fighting for any person or cause they want. We decide our own selves when we get up each morning whether it is going to be a good day or a bad day, whether we will be pleasant or rude, whether we will be helpful or a hindrance. Our own individual lives are what we individually make them. God has no power over free will.

Freedom of speech and our country has nothing to do with it; this is God vs. that church. What if that church has 2 million members in five years? Are there suddenly two gods, one that believes U.S. soldiers go to hell and another that don

Allyson Wrote:I am a fairly rational and easy-going person. But I would truly commit a terrorist act against WBC.

i've got camo...and access to manure

There is only one God Poopie. Was David Koresh God? No, yet he has several followers and God did not strike him down, the ATF did. Was Jim Jones God? No, yet he had a mass following of almost 1000 and God did not strike him down, he did it himself and decided to take his followers' lives as well and they allowed it because they believed in him.

Why do you not believe in God? What are your bases?

If there is one god and 1000 churches how do you know you have the correct one? My life is going rather smooth without being told how to live every Sunday morning so I will stick with what I know

Believing in God has nothing to do with what Church you go to. Its a personal relationship. Christians dont have to go to church to be saved. Church is so you can have fellowship with other believers, learn more about God, and worship.

[quote="wienerpoopie"]If there is one god and 1000 churches how do you know you have the correct one? My life is going rather smooth without being told how to live every Sunday morning so I will stick with what I know

kaboobie92 Wrote:Believing in God has nothing to do with what Church you go to. Its a personal relationship. Christians dont have to go to church to be saved. Church is so you can have fellowship with other believers, learn more about God, and worship.

The church is there to help you stayed focus and on the path to rightousness. It is easier to take the wrong path (only a detour) if you do not surround yourself with other believers.

Another reason I don - joesschwantz - 08-07-2008

I can't believe that these families that have had their faily member's funerals disrupted don't do something to those people. I'd throw down if they were picketing at my child/family member's funeral. I don't understand what drives these people to do that. They must be inbred.

Joe's Schwantz Wrote:I can't believe that these families that have had their faily member's funerals disrupted don't do something to those people. I'd throw down if they were picketing at my child/family member's funeral. I don't understand what drives these people to do that. They must be inbred.

You're right! Did this church originate from Orangeville?

Joe's Schwantz Wrote:I can't believe that these families that have had their faily member's funerals disrupted don't do something to those people. I'd throw down if they were picketing at my child/family member's funeral. I don't understand what drives these people to do that. They must be inbred.

They don't seek revenge because revenge is not ours to take. We can't do anything near what God will do to these people. No Poopie he won't strike them down, be he will leave them and their lives in dispair.

There are families who do and they are subsequently sued which gives this "church" the financial ability to continue on with this crap.

Admin Wrote:

There are families who do and they are subsequently sued which gives this "church" the financial ability to continue on with this crap.

I hear that is their main source of income >Sad

One of my favorite moments in the history of this church was when the insane daughter of this shithole church went on Hannity and Colmes. Alan had the best line ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UMP3AK5jwo

You can fast forward to 2:34 for the summary of the nuttiness and Alan's response.

Another reason I don - plungerhand - 08-07-2008

Who wants to be on their team?? Sick

Admin Wrote:One of my favorite moments in the history of this church was when the insane daughter of this shithole church went on Hannity and Colmes. Alan had the best line ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UMP3AK5jwo

You can fast forward to 2:34 for the summary of the nuttiness and Alan's response.

I like the idea of that Shirley Phelps' head on the body of Abomination from the new Hulk film....

Titan make it happen!

Another reason I don - patfromportland - 08-07-2008

To me the whole concept is a little shady. So there is this guy in heaven (living by himself i guess) and one day he decides to create stuff. Not only does he create stuff but everything he creates has to "worship" him. Except one time people didnt worship him so he killed everybody except for two of each animal. Sounds kinda full of himself to me.

patfromportland Wrote:To me the whole concept is a little shady. So there is this guy in heaven (living by himself i guess) and one day he decides to create stuff. Not only does he create stuff but everything he creates has to "worship" him. Except one time people didnt worship him so he killed everybody except for two of each animal. Sounds kinda full of himself to me.

God did not destroy the world because people did not worship Him. You obviously do not know much about the Bible. Noah, his wife, and 2 sons and their wives were on the Ark.

Finish your homework.

Another reason I don - joesschwantz - 08-07-2008

wienerpoopie Wrote:
Admin Wrote:There are families who do and they are subsequently sued which gives this "church" the financial ability to continue on with this crap.

I hear that is their main source of income >Sad

Now THAT is outrageous. I can't believe the law would side with those people after seeing what they do. I agree with FB&HW that our justice system is busted. For someone to protest a funeral with all of those unbelievable signs, they should get their ass kicked without consequence.

Another reason I don - patfromportland - 08-07-2008

Queenie Wrote:
patfromportland Wrote:To me the whole concept is a little shady. So there is this guy in heaven (living by himself i guess) and one day he decides to create stuff. Not only does he create stuff but everything he creates has to "worship" him. Except one time people didnt worship him so he killed everybody except for two of each animal. Sounds kinda full of himself to me.

God did not destroy the world because people did not worship Him. You obviously do not know much about the Bible. Noah, his wife, and 2 sons and their wives were on the Ark.

Finish your homework.

No reason to get angry or insulting. It was my impression that god created the flood because people kinda forgot about him and didnt worship like he pleased. But if im wrong, then please enlighten me. I dont know why Queen, but you seem to have it out for me and i dont know why.

westboro is an embarassment to believers

Another reason I don - Mad Dog - 08-07-2008

[quote="Admin"]
[quote="wienerpoopie"]

Another reason I don - Mad Dog - 08-07-2008

Queenie Wrote:

Our own individual lives are what we individually make them. God has no power over free will.

Please note Exodus 4:21
The Lord said to Moses, "When you return to Egypt, see that you perform before Pharaoh all the wonders I have given you power to do. But I will harden his heart so that he will not let the people go."

Also please note Romans 9:14-18
What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all! For he says to Moses, " I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and compassion on whom I have compassion."
It does not, therefore, depend on mans desire or effort, but Gods mercy. For the Scripture says to Pharaoh: "I raised you up for this very purpose that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.
Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy and hardens whom he wants to harden.

Any thoughts?

patfromportland Wrote:No reason to get angry or insulting. It was my impression that god created the flood because people kinda forgot about him and didnt worship like he pleased. But if im wrong, then please enlighten me. I dont know why Queen, but you seem to have it out for me and i dont know why.

Sweetheart . . there is no anger in that post. I'm am just pointing out that when you decide to challenge me on my posts, please make sure you have done your homework. +1 to you in the sake of friendliness!!

Another reason I don - killerb - 08-07-2008

How does god select who, what , when or where he uses his powers and/or abilities? If you beleive in "miracles" for instance, god has used his power to alter the outcome of a specific event due to one of his childrens "free will" in most cases. Why is it OK to change that outcome and not use his power to make WBC's brakes go out on a curvy road on the way to protest a soldier killed for this country? Where's the justice?

Another reason I don - Queenie - 08-08-2008

killerb Wrote:How does god select who, what , when or where he uses his powers and/or abilities? If you beleive in "miracles" for instance, god has used his power to alter the outcome of a specific event due to one of his childrens "free will" in most cases. Why is it OK to change that outcome and not use his power to make WBC's brakes go out on a curvy road on the way to protest a soldier killed for this country? Where's the justice?

If you read much of the Bible, you will know that the miracles that God performs are almost always of a positive nature, such as healing the sick, or preventing an accident, etc. God does not perform evil miracles. However, you can, by not following His word, run your life into a ditch. That is not the work of God, that is by your own doing.