FBHW Forums
Smoking While Pregnant - Printable Version

+- FBHW Forums (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw)
+-- Forum: Way Up High In The Playpen (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: The Touchy Subject Forum (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Smoking While Pregnant (/showthread.php?tid=1275)

Pages: 1 2 3

Smoking While Pregnant - boizalynne - 09-04-2008

Today on the show they were talking about pregnant woman smoking....
This was the very first time that I got so angry at the responses that I was hearing that I had to change the station.
Very few things on this planet make me more furious and repulsed than seeing an obviously pregnant woman smoking....
I just wanted to see what everyone else thought...

Smoking While Pregnant - speedbump - 09-04-2008

I find smoking in general pretty repulsive.

Smoking While Pregnant - potthole - 09-04-2008

I work at a hospital and from my desk have a view of the main enterence to the building. Last week I saw a young preggo woman out smoking probably four times a day, for the entire week. I just wanted to go outside and give her a piece of my mind.

Smoking While Pregnant - plungerhand - 09-04-2008

smoking is cool. I plan on starting, soon.

Smoking While Pregnant - airhornahole - 09-04-2008

I grew up with a smoker for a father. 18 years I had to deal with it. To this day, the smell of smoke makes me want to vomit. Any pregnant women who smoke should be shot in the leg and kept in a hospital where they can't smoke. Once the baby comes, if she still wants to smoke. Bullet to the head.

I cna understand if people started smoking years ago and haven't been able to kick the habit, but I label anyone who starts smoking in this day and age a complete effing moron.

Smoking While Pregnant - boizalynne - 09-04-2008

speedbump Wrote:I find smoking in general pretty repulsive.
I agree....

Now I have smoked in my life, in my younger days... actually before it was even legal for me to smoke... but I have not smoked anything in years...
I have three kids, and the last think I would have thought of is lighting up a cig while pregnant... actually I used to have nightmares while I was that I accidentally smoked!! Now that my girls are older, I just want to set the example for them that smoking is wrong, so I don't do it.... I don't want my kids to smoke so I don't. Kids live by example... apparently too many parents forget that little tidbit... It is true that your kids turn out just like you, so you better live the life taht you want them to live!!!!
Speaking of pregancy and such, I wouldn't even drink caffinated bevs while I was pregnant...
Smoking is the ultimate selfish 'accepted' habit to continue while pregnant... the baby inside has no say...

Smoking While Pregnant - Biff - 09-04-2008

There was a girl smoking outside a party store in my neighborhood and I couldn't contain myself. I said something to the clerk about how terrible that was. He said (paraphrasing) "well, there's actually studies out there that prove that smoking has to effect on a baby".

He must have been a) very stupid b) tapping that.

Smoking is cool

[Image: BirthControl.jpg]

Here's a better one.

[Image: smoking.jpg]

Smoking While Pregnant - jaydethespaz - 09-04-2008

I smoked before i got pregnant, when i found out i was preggo, i quit cold turkey that day. It breaks my heart to see pregnant women smoking. Baby didn't choose to be there, so don't punish it so early in life.

Smoking While Pregnant - potthole - 09-04-2008

I also remember Zane quickly mentioning how he gets pissed when he sees somebody smoking in a car with a kid. That irks me too. Last summer I passed a woman driving a minivan, WINDOWS ROLLED UP, puffing away. There was honestly a visibile cloud of smoke in this thing. In the seat behind her was an infant, strapped into his chair. She got flipped the bird as I went by.

Smoking While Pregnant - jaydethespaz - 09-04-2008

potthole Wrote:I also remember Zane quickly mentioning how he gets pissed when he sees somebody smoking in a car with a kid. That irks me too. Last summer I passed a woman driving a minivan, WINDOWS ROLLED UP, puffing away. There was honestly a visibile cloud of smoke in this thing. In the seat behind her was an infant, strapped into his chair. She got flipped the bird as I went by.

I do that too!(flip the bird) That is just sick what some moms can do to their children.

Smoking While Pregnant - Allyson - 09-05-2008

Further, I don't understand women who go back to smoking after quitting for pregnancy. You quit for 9 months, why go back?

Smoking While Pregnant - Howie Feltersnatch - 09-05-2008

I know a woman (mid 30's) who almost...bragged...that she smoked durining all three of her pregnancies. It totally pissed my wife off, who was pregnant at the time.

Smoking While Pregnant - Biff - 09-05-2008

Someone I know smoked pot through all three of her pregnancies. One kid is, let's just say, below average in the intelligence department, one kid is very smart, and the third kid makes a tree sloth look like an olympic athelete.

Smoking While Pregnant - boizalynne - 09-05-2008

I knew someone who smoked pot all through her first pregancy (and probably her second too)....
Her child is and probably always will be one brick short...

Smoking While Pregnant - lovegrenade - 09-05-2008

I get completely pissed when I see parents smoking around their kids. A few years back I even attempted to write a piece of legislation requiring that people be 18 years of age in order to enter the "smoking section" of a restaurant and banning smoking in a vehicle with minors. My thoughts were that if you're not old enough to smoke on your own, than no one should be allowed to force you to smoke second handedly. Unfortunately I was 19 and had no idea how to properly draft a piece of legislation. This thread just reminded me of that, I'll have to see if I can dig it up and redraft it.

Smoking While Pregnant - airhornahole - 09-05-2008

What pisses me off about smokers (besides the obvious threat to personal health) is all the butts just thrown out the windows of their cars. Next time your stopped at a light look around. The majority of the trash is cigarette butts.

I actually saw some dumb bitch driving a green VW bug with a sticker on it that read, "Keep the World Green" and she threw a butt out the window. At the next light I asked her if she enjoyed being a completely dumb hypocrite bitch. She didn't get it so I told her she shoul dgo back and pick up her cancer stick trash.

Smoking While Pregnant - boizalynne - 09-05-2008

airhornahole Wrote:What pisses me off about smokers (besides the obvious threat to personal health) is all the butts just thrown out the windows of their cars. Next time your stopped at a light look around. The majority of the trash is cigarette butts.

I actually saw some dumb bitch driving a green VW bug with a sticker on it that read, "Keep the World Green" and she threw a butt out the window. At the next light I asked her if she enjoyed being a completely dumb hypocrite bitch. She didn't get it so I told her she shoul dgo back and pick up her cancer stick trash.
That's so true!!! I live in the city and cig butts end up in my front yard all of the time. What is really bad is when they are littered about playground equipment at the parks where my kids play... Litterally I have pulled them out of my baby's hand... she picks them up off of the ground... one time she even put one in her mouth...

lovegrenade Wrote:I get completely pissed when I see parents smoking around their kids. A few years back I even attempted to write a piece of legislation requiring that people be 18 years of age in order to enter the "smoking section" of a restaurant and banning smoking in a vehicle with minors. My thoughts were that if you're not old enough to smoke on your own, than no one should be allowed to force you to smoke second handedly. Unfortunately I was 19 and had no idea how to properly draft a piece of legislation. This thread just reminded me of that, I'll have to see if I can dig it up and redraft it.

*applause* Bonus karma on the way my friend.

airhornahole Wrote:I actually saw some dumb bitch driving a green VW bug with a sticker on it that read, "Keep the World Green" and she threw a butt out the window. At the next light I asked her if she enjoyed being a completely dumb hypocrite bitch. She didn't get it so I told her she shoul dgo back and pick up her cancer stick trash.

Tell it like it is guy gets bonus karma!

Smoking While Pregnant - lovegrenade - 09-05-2008

Awesome. I've never recieved bonus karma before. What do I get if my "Little Lungs" legislation passes? Smile

lovegrenade Wrote:Awesome. I've never recieved bonus karma before. What do I get if my "Little Lungs" legislation passes? Smile

I'll dedicate a forum to you.

Admin Wrote:
airhornahole Wrote:I actually saw some dumb bitch driving a green VW bug with a sticker on it that read, "Keep the World Green" and she threw a butt out the window. At the next light I asked her if she enjoyed being a completely dumb hypocrite bitch. She didn't get it so I told her she shoul dgo back and pick up her cancer stick trash.

Tell it like it is guy gets bonus karma!

I'll have to hit you back later. I just smited the dick in the word association thread.

For me, it's not even so much the health aspect of it (in general, not during pregnancy). If you want to make yourself unhealthier then be my guest. I just associate smoking with a lower class of people and I will immediately judge you if you smoke. How many successful, educated, wealthy people do you know that smoke? And how many nasty, stupid, trailer-park people do you know that smoke? I rest my case.

Smoking While Pregnant - Howie Feltersnatch - 09-05-2008

Allyson Wrote:For me, it's not even so much the health aspect of it (in general, not during pregnancy). If you want to make yourself unhealthier then be my guest. I just associate smoking with a lower class of people and I will immediately judge you if you smoke. How many successful, educated, wealthy people do you know that smoke? And how many nasty, stupid, trailer-park people do you know that smoke? I rest my case.

I live in the trailor park and I don't smoke....stick that in your pipe and smoke it

Both of my uncles are very wealthy successful businessmen and both smoke.

I do get what you're saying though Allyson. If I see a pretty woman smoking I automatically find her unattractive.

I think she meant the "Idiocracy" type of stereotypical trailer park inhabitants.

Obviously it goes both ways I'm just explaining the reasoning for my association.

I'm talking more like
[Image: Trailer%20Park%20Weddin.jpg]
vs.
[Image: black_businessman.jpg]

Allyson Wrote:Obviously it goes both ways I'm just explaining the reasoning for my association.

What association? That you think all smokers are supid and trashy, or that all people that live in trailer parks are stupid and trashy, and smoke? ;D

Smoking While Pregnant - Rock Monster - 09-05-2008

airhornahole Wrote:
Allyson Wrote:Obviously it goes both ways I'm just explaining the reasoning for my association.

What association? That you think all smokers are supid and trashy, or that all people that live in trailer parks are stupid and trashy, and smoke? ;D

I think she was saying that all trailer park people are stupid, trashy and smoke, but there are a few exceptions. (for the smoking anyway!)

Rock Monster Wrote:
airhornahole Wrote:What association? That you think all smokers are supid and trashy, or that all people that live in trailer parks are stupid and trashy, and smoke? ;D

I think she was saying that all trailer park people are stupid, trashy and smoke, but there are a few exceptions. (for the smoking anyway!)

Yes that's exactly it. Everyone who lives in a trailer is dirty, trashy, and didn't graduate 8th grade. Also they smoke.

On the contrary, everyone who is wealthy is good looking, smart, and healthy.

Right.

Allyson Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:I think she was saying that all trailer park people are stupid, trashy and smoke, but there are a few exceptions. (for the smoking anyway!)

Yes that's exactly it. Everyone who lives in a trailer is dirty, trashy, and didn't graduate 8th grade. Also they smoke.

On the contrary, everyone who is wealthy is good looking, smart, and healthy.

Right.

Did you hear that Howie? You need to take a shower you filthy pig. :Smile

Smoking While Pregnant - plungerhand - 09-05-2008

trailer parks = rural projects

Smoking While Pregnant - jaydethespaz - 09-05-2008

Wow! this subject is really pissing people off. but i did look around at stoplights today, and about 90% of the trash was butts, the other ten was soda cans and mcdonalds wrappers.

I will say this, i regret starting smoking again after i gave birth to my daughter, but i ALWAYS go outside while she is napping and have one. I NEVER smoke by kids (family or stangers), and never in the car EVER. I am an outside smoker only, but that doesn't make it any better does it?

Smoking While Pregnant - potthole - 09-05-2008

You at least make an honest effort to not do it around kids, and that's good by me.

Smoking While Pregnant - jaydethespaz - 09-05-2008

potthole Wrote:You at least make an honest effort to not do it around kids, and that's good by me.

thanx potthole. i really am trying to quit too because i'm going to want to start trying to have another baby soon. cold turkey didn't work this time anyone have any suggestions?

Smoking While Pregnant - airhornahole - 09-08-2008

jaydethespaz Wrote:
potthole Wrote:You at least make an honest effort to not do it around kids, and that's good by me.

thanx potthole. i really am trying to quit too because i'm going to want to start trying to have another baby soon. cold turkey didn't work this time anyone have any suggestions?

Some people I know went to some hypnotist who put some goggles on them and flashed funky lasers at them.

Sounds stupid but it worked for everyone I know who did it. My dad smoked 2 packs / day for better the 30 years and done just like that.

He switched to chewing gum. Goes through a pack a day. Better than smoking though.

Smoking While Pregnant - boizalynne - 09-08-2008

airhornahole Wrote:
jaydethespaz Wrote:thanx potthole. i really am trying to quit too because i'm going to want to start trying to have another baby soon. cold turkey didn't work this time anyone have any suggestions?

Some people I know went to some hypnotist who put some goggles on them and flashed funky lasers at them.

Sounds stupid but it worked for everyone I know who did it. My dad smoked 2 packs / day for better the 30 years and done just like that.

He switched to chewing gum. Goes through a pack a day. Better than smoking though.
I have met a few people who have has success with this also