FBHW Forums
Random Thought - Printable Version

+- FBHW Forums (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw)
+-- Forum: Free Beer and Hot Wings Show (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Podcasting and other technical issues (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Random Thought (/showthread.php?tid=1425)

Random Thought - potthole - 09-24-2008

This is just a random thought, now that I podcast. I'm always a day behind on listening to the show. In a way, that helps it seem like my week goes faster. On Tuesday, I'm hearing the references to how it's "Monday", on Wednesday it's all "Tuesday", and so on.

Mondays suck, though, of course, because they're talking about how it's Friday.

Random Thought - burnking - 09-25-2008

I'm the same exact way. The one big downside I see to this is that I'm always a day late chiming in on topics on here, and for when I do actually want to call in, I can't

Random Thought - mayorofawesometown - 09-25-2008

I couldn't agree more. I'm usually a day behind too because of how busy I am and I can't stand it when they talk about a topic or have a question because I immediately want to reach for my phone.

But I don't want to talk to JT or Spud.

Random Thought - Titan! - 09-25-2008

mayorofawesometown Wrote:I couldn't agree more. I'm usually a day behind too because of how busy I am and I can't stand it when they talk about a topic or have a question because I immediately want to reach for my phone.

Go ahead, give Spud a call, I'm sure he'd love to hear from you.

Random Thought - Torque - 09-25-2008

I go through 3 days worth of the show during a work day, I listen to the current day's (as many segments as I could get before I left) because it frustrates me as well when they talk about something I want to weigh in on. I've never called but I've sent a bunch of emails. 2 of which I got a response to. Then I listen to the rest of the previous day's and then I do an old podcast from last year. They deserve days off but man I hate when they are.

Random Thought - potthole - 09-25-2008

In preperation for the next time the show is off for a week, I've started putting my favorite segments into my own personal "Best Of" collection.

Random Thought - derek - 09-25-2008

potthole Wrote:In preperation for the next time the show is off for a week, I've started putting my favorite segments into my own personal "Best Of" collection.

That's actually really smart

Random Thought - potthole - 09-26-2008

You say that as though you're surprised I came up with a good idea. Tongue

Random Thought - ashleykme - 09-26-2008

I was almost 2 weeks behind once, I try not to get more than 3 days back. It's Friday night and I only just got to Wednesdays stripper stunt

Random Thought - burnking - 09-29-2008

Torque Wrote:I go through 3 days worth of the show during a work day...

Hold on... you listen to about 12 hours a day?

Random Thought - 0rz0ski - 09-29-2008

Why not? Sounds good to me.

Random Thought - burnking - 09-29-2008

I don't have a problem with that, I just don't have the time to do that. My question more stemmed from jealousy.

Random Thought - Torque - 09-29-2008

burnking Wrote:
Torque Wrote:I go through 3 days worth of the show during a work day...

Hold on... you listen to about 12 hours a day?

I work 2 jobs during the day and I still have to stretch it out with music (silence will mean instant death!)

Random Thought - 0rz0ski - 09-29-2008

Torque Wrote:
burnking Wrote:Hold on... you listen to about 12 hours a day?

I work 2 jobs during the day and I still have to stretch it out with music (silence will mean instant death!)

Wow. I salute your stamina.

Random Thought - burnking - 09-30-2008

0rz0ski Wrote:
Torque Wrote:I work 2 jobs during the day and I still have to stretch it out with music (silence will mean instant death!)

Wow. I salute your stamina.

Add me in to the salute. I work one job during the day and I barely make it through that.

Random Thought - theuninvited - 09-30-2008

I work nights and get home when they go on the air and wake up when they get off the air....im usually about 5 hours behind!

Kinda sucks but i stay current.

Random Thought - Torque - 09-30-2008

Thank you for the salutes, and I'd like to thank the following sponsors of my extended work ethic: student loans, medical bills from my uninsured years, my horse, and the enormous tapeworm I apparently have that makes me need to constantly spend $$$ on food...

Random Thought - Torque - 09-30-2008

P.S. American Quarter Horse for lease/sale...

Random Thought - 0rz0ski - 09-30-2008

If we lived in the country, I'm sure my mom would take you up on that. She's a farm woman at heart.

Random Thought - burnking - 10-01-2008

Torque Wrote:Thank you for the salutes, and I'd like to thank the following sponsors of my extended work ethic: student loans, medical bills from my uninsured years, my horse, and the enormous tapeworm I apparently have that makes me need to constantly spend $$$ on food...

Have you named your tapeworm? Mine is Steve.

Random Thought - Torque - 10-01-2008

No I haven't I'll have to ponder that one since it would have to be an androgynous name as they have both male/female parts

Torque Wrote:No I haven't I'll have to ponder that one since it would have to be an androgynous name as they have both male/female parts

In that case, it would have to be none other than androgynous pat.

I can't even think of many other than Pat, Kim, and Tracy

Random Thought - mayorofawesometown - 10-01-2008

Titan ! Wrote:
mayorofawesometown Wrote:I couldn't agree more. I'm usually a day behind too because of how busy I am and I can't stand it when they talk about a topic or have a question because I immediately want to reach for my phone.

Go ahead, give Spud a call, I'm sure he'd love to hear from you.

So he can Bill O'Reilly me like everyone else that doesn't agree with his political views? No thank you. Besides, when he takes calls he never decides to DO IT LIVE!

Torque Wrote:I can't even think of many other than Pat, Kim, and Tracy

Just name it Zane, he's pretty wormy.

I don't really want to think about having a Zane in me. Although it may stem the appetite...

Random Thought - burnking - 10-02-2008

I don't know, all he does is eat. Seems like a fitting name. I do understand your concern about the rumors though.

Random Thought - Torque - 10-02-2008

I'm sure in Armenia there are girls named Zane too, so Zane it is

Random Thought - burnking - 10-02-2008

Wonderful! It would be even better if your tapeworm had a large nose and popped off.

Random Thought - Torque - 10-02-2008

I would never be bored and would be more adept at insulting people. Awesome!

Random Thought - burnking - 10-03-2008

I don't know, you seem to be able to hold your own. It's true that you would stay entertained though, especially if he had his sound effects machine.

Random Thought - Torque - 10-03-2008

Oh wow, social situations would become so much less dull!

Random Thought - burnking - 10-06-2008

Less dull and probably more awkward, but that's what it's all about.