FBHW Forums
2008 World Series - Printable Version

+- FBHW Forums (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw)
+-- Forum: Way Up High In The Playpen (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: Sportier Than Thou (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: 2008 World Series (/showthread.php?tid=1637)

2008 World Series - Biff - 10-20-2008

2008 World Series - beckyp - 10-20-2008

i got 50 bones against my dad on the Phillies winning the series.

and i guess y'all are with my dad. son of a Eff.

2008 World Series - spoonman - 10-20-2008

I don't think I'll really pull for either. I guess I'll just sit through it because it's the last bit of baseball on TV until spring rolls around.

Gotta give the one up to the Rays though. I think they may be good enough to pull this one off. They were great in the ALCS, with the exception of Game 5, and I think they have enough momentum to hit the Phils early while at home. Coming off a big series win against Boston on a Sunday and then getting homefield for the first game of the World Series should be huge for them.

Rays in 5.

2008 World Series - elranito - 10-20-2008

Jo Wrote:i got 50 bones against my dad on the Phillies winning the series.

and i guess y'all are with my dad. son of a eff.
No team from Florida has ever made it to the playoffs and not won the World Series... you're effed!

2008 World Series - Rock Monster - 10-20-2008

elranito Wrote:

No team from Florida has ever made it to the playoffs and not won the World Series... you're effed!
Plus the recent history, with the team getting a break before the series starts getting killed in the series. ('07 Rockies, '06 Tigers)

2008 World Series - beckyp - 10-20-2008

elranito Wrote:

well then, that'll make victory all the more sweeter. you watch.

2008 World Series - plumpenut - 10-20-2008

Im just glad the red sox are not in it

2008 World Series - smokejacklandslide - 10-21-2008

I could not be happier with either team winning, I'm just glad all those a-holes at fox are cringing at their impending ratings doom as neither the spank me's or red cocks are in the thing.

2008 World Series - mayorofawesometown - 10-21-2008

I think the Rays will win. It's nice to see a team win for the first time even if they're a relatively new team. Also, I don't like the Phillies because I don't like the Eagles because their fans are one of the biggest group of douches I've even seen. I know, that's about as much of a petty, non-reason as humanly possible.

Jo Wrote:i got 50 bones

Only 50? I guess I lost THAT bet.

Yes, I know. I'm a child.

2008 World Series - plumpenut - 10-22-2008

I think I recognize Becky from Joe's myspace page........

2008 World Series - spoonman - 10-24-2008

The Phillies blew their chance at going up 2 to nothing. They lefy way too many runners in scoring position.

2008 World Series - Rock Monster - 10-27-2008

Jo Wrote:
elranito Wrote:No team from Florida has ever made it to the playoffs and not won the World Series... you're effed!

well then, that'll make victory all the more sweeter. you watch.

Looks like you're about to get paid! Tongue

2008 World Series - potthole - 10-27-2008

Anybody else in the GR area have issues with Fox last night? I was hoping to watch the game, but the channel wasn't coming in at all. Not sure if it was just my current provider, or if there were larger issues.

2008 World Series - Rock Monster - 10-27-2008

I was flipping back and forth checking the score. Mine was out for a couple of innings, then it came up with a different cannel to switch to. I plan on calling today and seeing if they will compensate me somehow. (free month or something) BTW, I have DirecTV

2008 World Series - Biff - 10-27-2008

It went out around the 5th inning (I think) and didn't come back on for the rest of the game.

2008 World Series - plumpenut - 10-28-2008

worked good in st cloud with cable

2008 World Series - drdirtybandage - 10-28-2008

It worked great last night...watching the floodfest at the "Bank"...can waiting for 25 years be this much torture that mother nature wanted to add another element for us Philly fans?

2008 World Series - Biff - 10-29-2008

Congrats to the Phillies on a well deserved WS title. They played very well and earned it. Although I was rooting for the Rays, I am pleased that the Phillies took the series.

Congrats also to Becky. Make the old man eat some crow!

2008 World Series - Philly Mike - 10-29-2008

WOOOOO!!!!!!! PHILLIES KICK ASS!!!!!!!!

Smile

2008 World Series - Allyson - 10-30-2008

Phillies win! Theeeeeeeeeeee Phillies! Win!

2008 World Series - fistor!@# - 10-30-2008

Allyson Wrote:Phillies win! Theeeeeeeeeeee Phillies! Win!

???

Thought you were from Jersey?

2008 World Series - Allyson - 10-30-2008

I am. It was more a play on John Sterling for the Yanks. Actually the southern half of Jerz roots for the Philadelphia teams and the northern half roots for New York teams. What I don't understand about south Jersey (damn dirty hicks) is that they choose the Flyers over the Devils. That is unacceptable.

2008 World Series - drunkenmom - 11-01-2008

good thing the phill's won,

who wants the rays?

ughhh.

2008 World Series - Biff - 11-01-2008

drunkenmom Wrote:good thing the phill's won,

who wants the rays?

ughhh.

I don't know......perhaps 84% of the people who answered the poll for this thread?

2008 World Series - drunkenmom - 11-01-2008

Admin Wrote:

who wants the rays?

ughhh.

I don't know......perhaps 84% of the people who answered the poll for this thread?

which means the other 16% of us are happy Big Grin

but its baseball, come on, football and hockey abound now Smile

2008 World Series - Queenie - 11-01-2008

Admin Wrote:

who wants the rays?

ughhh.

Ouch . . . ZING!!!