FBHW Forums
LOST tv show - Printable Version

+- FBHW Forums (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw)
+-- Forum: Way Up High In The Playpen (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: I can't wait to talk about........ (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: LOST tv show (/showthread.php?tid=2479)

Pages: 1 2 3

LOST tv show - Rock Monster - 02-13-2009

Talk about the show in here.

***This may contain spoilers***

... so if you're not caught up on the show, you may not want to read this thread.

LOST tv show - -Jiggy- - 02-13-2009

Okay your comment in the other thread. Are you talking about Charlotte recognizing Daniel?

*edit - or are you talking about Danielle with Jin? I thought that same thing when I realized they were going down that path.

I was thinking Danielle with Jin. How didn't she recognize him? Or did she? I can't remember when she first sees him (after the plane crash)

I can understand Charlotte not recognizing Faraday. She was just a child.

Also, what's up with the temple?

LOST tv show - Howie Feltersnatch - 02-13-2009

i'm just not starting to get curious about the show....day late $1 short Sad

I'm re-watching the first season now. I'll pay attention to her reactions to Jin. What the hell is also going on with Jack's dad? Is he Jacob? Or is it just a disguise of sorts for the real Jacob? Also, WHO THE HELL IS JACOB???

LOST tv show - mainerliser - 02-13-2009

When you get all those answers report back!!!

Jiggy Wrote:I'm re-watching the first season now. I'll pay attention to her reactions to Jin. What the hell is also going on with Jack's dad? Is he Jacob? Or is it just a disguise of sorts for the real Jacob? Also, WHO THE HELL IS JACOB???

Jack's dad drank (like jack after leaving the island) dies, and ends up back on the island. I think Locke had to die in order to get back on the island. Dad may have ben the Others' leader before Ben. Undecided

I hate this show :-[

LOST tv show - hotzester - 02-13-2009

So my wife brought up an interesting point today. Ben keeps saying that EVERYONE has to go back to the island. Does that include Walt? Is this all going to blow up when Walt doesn't go back?

Maybe because Ben gave permission for him and Michael to leave their not included. I'm assuming Ben was taking orders from Jacob. Who knows.

LOST tv show - beckyp - 02-14-2009

Heroes>Lost.

that's all.

LOST tv show - Titan! - 02-15-2009

On Demand ! I love Channel 1, gonna rewatch the entire season thus far again on Tuesday

LOST tv show - Rock Monster - 02-16-2009

Jo Wrote:Heroes>Lost.

that's all.

But you also like country music... sooo.....

LOST tv show - -Jiggy- - 02-16-2009

Alright if this was common knowledge, for those of you keeping up with the show, then forgive me. I just figured out that Daniel's mom is the woman that wanted him to defuse the bomb. This show has too many things to keep track of.

Jiggy Wrote:Alright if this was common knowledge, for those of you keeping up with the show, then forgive me. I just figured out that Daniel's mom is the woman that wanted him to defuse the bomb. This show has too many things to keep track of.

I think most of us have assumed that. How did you figure it out? There's a good website that contains spoilers, theories, polls, etc. here, or you can just google dark ufo, and it's the first link.

I guess I wasn't paying attention to the clues the first time around. I shouldn't say I know she is, just my assumption as well. I have the whole 5th season, so far, on itunes and was just going back through them and caught that the second time through. I am also assuming the oriental guy, I forgot his name, is the son of Dr. Chang from the orientation films.

I was watching Mythbusters this weekend, and they built a Faraday Cage Do you think it's somehow connected to the island, and Daniel Faraday?

LOST tv show - Titan! - 02-16-2009

Any thoughts on the Smoke Monster ? One of the french guys said it was a security system to protect the temple... Wha ?

I think it's a nano bot swarm, which has been refuted by the show's creators, but I think they were lying to throw people off.

Plus it got into those dudes heads. Nanobots can totally do that.

Titan ! Wrote:Any thoughts on the Smoke Monster ? One of the french guys said it was a security system to protect the temple... Wha ?

I think it's a nano bot swarm, which has been refuted by the show's creators, but I think they were lying to throw people off.

Plus it got into those dudes heads. Nanobots can totally do that.

First of all, wht the eff is a nano bot swarm? Second, they had also said that it has nothing to do with time travel. We have seen how that has worked out...

I think there are definitely two aspects to this, science and supernatural. I think the smoke monster lies within the supernatural. I'm trying to figure out who is leading the damn thing though. Jacob? Richard? Ben?

What is up with Richard also? Why is he really the only one, that we've seen, who appears to be staying young. I wonder just how long he has been on the island?

LOST tv show - Titan! - 02-16-2009

I'm referring to a "swarm" of nanobots they're small microscopi robots that when coupled by the millions can be programmed to do various tasks. I read about them in Michael Crichton's book Prey,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prey_(novel)

and nanobots...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanobots

And just for shits and giggles heres the link to the Monster's wikipage

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoke_Monster#The_Monster

I gotta add, that for me the monster is one of the big things that keeps me coming back every week.

What night is this on anyway ?

Jiggy Wrote:I think there are definitely two aspects to this, science and supernatural. I think the smoke monster lies within the supernatural. I'm trying to figure out who is leading the damn thing though. Jacob? Richard? Ben?

What is up with Richard also? Why is he really the only one, that we've seen, who appears to be staying young. I wonder just how long he has been on the island?

"A long time," according to Juliet. Daniel Faraday also stays young. We saw him building the Dharma station.

I think Richard is a bigger character than we all think...

Rock Monster Wrote:Daniel Faraday also stays young. We saw him building the Dharma station.
Damn, I glad I'm going back through these. I forgot about this.

Jiggy Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:Daniel Faraday also stays young. We saw him building the Dharma station.
Damn, I glad I'm going back through these. I forgot about this.

I want to say it was the first episode of this season.

Rock Monster Wrote:
Jiggy Wrote:I think there are definitely two aspects to this, science and supernatural. I think the smoke monster lies within the supernatural. I'm trying to figure out who is leading the damn thing though. Jacob? Richard? Ben?

"A long time," according to Juliet. Daniel Faraday also stays young. We saw him building the Dharma station.

I went back and re watched that scene. My interpretation of it was that he went back in time to that point not that he was actually in that timeline as a young man. If that older woman really is his mother I think he would have only been a young kid at this point.

Jiggy Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:"A long time," according to Juliet. Daniel Faraday also stays young. We saw him building the Dharma station.

I went back and re watched that scene. My interpretation of it was that he went back in time to that point not that he was actually in that timeline as a young man. If that older woman really is his mother I think he would have only been a young kid at this point.

What year was the Bomb dis-arming? In the 1940's I assume? When were the Dharma stations built? I thought it was the 70's. If the chick with the gun is really his mother, then he could be the right age when the station is built, then doesn't get older (for whatever reason) even though his mom (the now white haired chich at the church) has aged.

WTF is going on?

Rock Monster Wrote:
Jiggy Wrote:I went back and re watched that scene. My interpretation of it was that he went back in time to that point not that he was actually in that timeline as a young man. If that older woman really is his mother I think he would have only been a young kid at this point.

What year was the Bomb dis-arming? In the 1940's I assume? When were the Dharma stations built? I thought it was the 70's. If the chick with the gun is really his mother, then he could be the right age when the station is built, then doesn't get older (for whatever reason) even though his mom (the now white haired chich at the church) has aged.

WTF is going on?

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline
This could help. Not exactly sure where people get the exact dates from though unless the producers leaked some of this.

Jiggy Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:What year was the Bomb dis-arming? In the 1940's I assume? When were the Dharma stations built? I thought it was the 70's. If the chick with the gun is really his mother, then he could be the right age when the station is built, then doesn't get older (for whatever reason) even though his mom (the now white haired chich at the church) has aged.

WTF is going on?

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline
This could help. Not exactly sure where people get the exact dates from though unless the producers leaked some of this.

"jughead" was in 1954. The Stations were built in the 70's. It could be possible that Faraday is in his early 20's. (I would guess early 30's though)

I'm curious about the events in the 1800's with the Black Rock. I wonder if Richard or Jacob was part of this ship crew? Like Rock Monster said and I quote:
Rock Monster Wrote:WTF is going on?

LOST tv show - beckyp - 02-16-2009

Rock Monster Wrote:
Jo Wrote:Heroes>Lost.

that's all.

But you also like country music... sooo.....

i only listen so's i can pick up hawt chicks.

LOST tv show - Titan! - 02-17-2009

Okay, so this would take a pretty big hard drive, and a lot of patience, but here's my ultimate dream DVR fantasy...

What if someone took the entire show, and cut the flashbacks and flash forwards and re-arranged them so that the entire story was told chronologically ?

Iknow that would encompass what, about 40 DVDs worth of material and about 100+ hours of watching time, but c'mon we're living in the future now, what good is all our super science if I can't get me some chronological lost ?

LOST tv show - Rock Monster - 02-17-2009

How confusing would that be, if you were watching it for the first time, with the time travel and all...

LOST tv show - -Jiggy- - 02-18-2009

Not sure if anyone has checked this out:
http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/missingpieces/index
Pretty cool. The producers went back and filmed 13 mini webisodes about 2-3 mins length each. They show you what's going on with other characters in certain scenes and it's up to you to figure out where they belong in the timeline.

LOST tv show - mainerliser - 02-18-2009

I'm really lost now!!!!

LOST tv show - Rock Monster - 02-19-2009

mainerliser Wrote:I'm really lost now!!!!

I give up on trying to figure it out...

LOST tv show - beckyp - 02-19-2009

Rock Monster Wrote:
mainerliser Wrote:I'm really lost now!!!!

I give up on trying to figure it out...

Heroes can be your new nerd addiction.

Jo Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:I give up on trying to figure it out...

Heroes can be your new nerd addiction.

No, I like good TV.

LOST tv show - beckyp - 02-19-2009

Rock Monster Wrote:
Jo Wrote:Heroes can be your new nerd addiction.

No, I like good TV.

apparently you don't and you're too stupid to know it. suck on that.

Jo Wrote:suck on that.

How many times have I told you, that shouldn't be your reaction to everything.

OK, back to ignoring the attention whore, and on with the talk...

What did Ben have to take care of before boarding?
I'm guessing killing Penny.

What happened to the Plane?
?

Jin with Dharma?

Are the time skips done?
I'm guessing no, since Jin is with Dharma...

What the hell is going on?
????????????????????

LOST tv show - Titan! - 02-19-2009

Just sit back and enjoy the ride cause it's gonna get bumpy from here on out