FBHW Forums
Last Hour Taped??? - Printable Version

+- FBHW Forums (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw)
+-- Forum: Free Beer and Hot Wings Show (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Free Beer and Hot Wings Forum (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Last Hour Taped??? (/showthread.php?tid=2859)

Last Hour Taped??? - plumpenut - 03-31-2009

So I was out and about early this morning. The show starts at 5 here in St Cloud. Well I was listening right at about 4 for some tunes. I don't know what was going on, but they were playing music and the last hour of the show at the same time. I'm sure it was by accident, but I listened to most of it. It was absolutley the same as what they aired in the 9 o'clock hour here. I just found it weird and want to know what is the deal with that.?? ???

Last Hour Taped??? - -Jiggy- - 03-31-2009

Well this is very interesting. I wonder if any of the show members will respond?

Last Hour Taped??? - loosewendy - 04-01-2009

That doesn't seem right at all, since I can absolutely tell you, from experience, that none of their show is taped... Hmmm.... Weird.

Last Hour Taped??? - ashleykme - 04-01-2009

I think I have it figured out. They do the show from 5-10 a.m., Eastern Time Zone. That would be 4-9 Central. The Central Time Zone starts with the "I Can't Wait To Talk About...." segment at 5. For the Eastern Time Zone, the hour that includes the flashback is live, from 5-6, but since that would be 4 a.m. Central, they just tape that hour and play it back at the end. That would make sense that your station accidently put on the live feed on from 4-5. I think I'm right anyway. That's why they always say "We'll take a break" instead of actually ending the show.

Last Hour Taped??? - Mark the Valet - 04-01-2009

ashleykme Wrote:I think I have it figured out. They do the show from 5-10 a.m., Eastern Time Zone. That would be 4-9 Central. The Central Time Zone starts with the "I Can't Wait To Talk About...." segment at 5. For the Eastern Time Zone, the hour that includes the flashback is live, from 5-6, but since that would be 4 a.m. Central, they just tape that hour and play it back at the end. That would make sense that your station accidently put on the live feed on from 4-5. I think I'm right anyway. That's why they always say "We'll take a break" instead of actually ending the show.

Gah, beat me to it.
What she said.

Last Hour Taped??? - freebeer - 04-01-2009

Exactly!

Last Hour Taped??? - Mad Dog - 04-01-2009

Ashley is smart!!

I actually rewrote that response like, 4 times. It seems like a simple concept, but writing it out seemed way too complicated haha

Last Hour Taped??? - plumpenut - 04-01-2009

Well thanks for clearing that up...............I was beginning to think I was crazy........ Winkalso would help explain why they never take calls during that segment

And also why they never talk about what's coming up on the show (Or already happened)

Last Hour Taped??? - plumpenut - 04-01-2009

ashleykme Wrote:And also why they never talk about what's coming up on the show (Or already happened)
wait a minute.......are you telling me they are actually good at what they do ??? I'm a little disappointed Zane hasn't dropped the ball on that one yet....I will have to try and pay a little more attention

Last Hour Taped??? - hotwings - 04-02-2009

It DID take us quite a long time to explain to Zane how it worked.

Last Hour Taped??? - mayorofawesometown - 04-03-2009

Did the explanation require hand puppets and turning the dial on a real clock?

Re: Last Hour Taped??? - burnking - 04-07-2009

mayorofawesometown Wrote:Did the explanation require hand puppets and turning the dial on a real clock?

When confronted by hand puppets, Zane instinctively points to where the man touched him, so I doubt that worked.

Re: Last Hour Taped??? - Mad Dog - 04-07-2009

burnking Wrote:
mayorofawesometown Wrote:Did the explanation require hand puppets and turning the dial on a real clock?

When confronted by hand puppets, Zane instinctively points to where the man touched him, so I doubt that worked.
This made me laugh alot :lol:

Re: Last Hour Taped??? - daredevil1 - 04-15-2009

ashleykme Wrote:That's why they always say "We'll take a break" instead of actually ending the show.

Actually they say that because the show isn't over. It goes on for another 30 minutes on the local end.

Re: Last Hour Taped??? - Ashleyme - 04-15-2009

Well, yeah, I know that too. The podcast includes the local stuff