FBHW Forums
Smoking. Do you? - Printable Version

+- FBHW Forums (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw)
+-- Forum: Way Up High In The Playpen (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: I can't wait to talk about........ (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Smoking. Do you? (/showthread.php?tid=316)

Pages: 1 2

Smoking. Do you? - derek - 06-23-2008

Yeah, I smoke, have for about 5 years now. Just wanted to see what kind of stereotypes you guys have. A lot of people from my hometown (Holland) really look down on it, think I can go no-where, etc and so forth.

For the record, I work at a company with 4000 employees that doesn't allow smoking on it's campus, my dad smokes, mom doesn't and never has, long-term girlfreind doesn't/never has

Smoking. Do you? - kate - 06-23-2008

I quit! So I can't say yes or no really. I haven't had the desire to smoke at all.

Smoking. Do you? - hotzester - 06-23-2008

I do.

Funny, raising the tax to $2.75/pack (which makes it over $7 for a pack) was supposed to make everyone quit.

Ahh, see, in GR, I cna still get a pack of Kool True King's for under 5$ at my local gas station.

The other day I paid like $7.04 or something.

Smoking. Do you? - Wiener Poopie - 06-23-2008

I dont, but i used to chew

Where do you live?

And for you people that go with stereotypes: I am not black even though I smoke Kools

New York. A few weeks ago the tax was $1.50/pack. Then in one fell swoop they jumped it up to $2.75 overnight.

Over here the law is no smoking in a public place that is 10 feet to a door, window, or ventilation system. Any crazy laws like that over there?

[Image: nice1.jpg]

Instant cancer.

Instant puke

i would try it

Smoking. Do you? - dino - 06-23-2008

I used to smoke. Got tired of it so I quit. Still want one though. Very few things go together better than an ice cold beer and a smoke 8-) "It's like peanut butter and jelly, peanut butter is good.....jelly is good....put them together and it's just that much more awesome." Steve Sweney - Ekoostik Hookah

I crave a peanut butter and jelly sandwich now....damn youuu

Every morning I need my morning coffee and smoke on my way to work. Without it, i can't function.

And I have done something like that picture before, but only using 6, in like a dixie cup, so it turns it into a bong of sorts.

Kate Wrote:I crave a peanut butter and jelly sandwich now....damn youuu

I crave PB&J's all the time.

dino Wrote:
Kate Wrote:I crave a peanut butter and jelly sandwich now....damn youuu

I crave PB&J's all the time.

If only I liked peanut butter

Quote:...a bong of sorts....

Mmm.

Now that I think of it, my hangovers are reduced by approximately 55%.........about 82% of the time now that I don't smoke when I drink.

dino Wrote:Now that I think of it, my hangovers are reduced by approximately 55%.........about 82% of the time now that I don't smoke when I drink.

Well about 60% of the time when I smoke, the drinking lasts 15% longer

Derek Wrote:
dino Wrote:Now that I think of it, my hangovers are reduced by approximately 55%.........about 82% of the time now that I don't smoke when I drink.

Well about 60% of the time when I smoke, the drinking lasts 15% longer

That extra 15% drinking experience probably causes the extra hangover for you. I know my drinking increases dramatically cause I now have nothing to do with my hands when I drink so I keep them busy grabbing the glass, drinking and waving to the waitress to get me another beer........and so on and so forth.

Smoking. Do you? - potthole - 06-23-2008

Don't smoke, never really had much desire to. Not a big fan of it, but I'm not going to get down on somebody because they do. Maybe poke a little fun at somebody who does, if I know them, but I'm not going to "preach" at somebody who smokes.

I've had friends that do, and although I wish they didn't, for health reasons, I never felt it was my place to give them a hard time about it. So long as they didn't smoke while in my car, I didn't tell them when and where they could and couldn't smoke.

About the only time I get mad at smokers is when I see a parent driving their car smoking, with the windows closed, and a young child in the car with them.

Smoking. Do you? - toddlerfundler - 06-23-2008

Smoking is one of those indicators of a worthless person. Addiction has gotten the better of you and you will is weak. You spend masive amounts of money on something that has no positive effect. At least drinking gets you a buzz but after your addicted to niccotine you need to smoke to stay normal. Once a year i spend a week with only white rice and water, purge the system and figure out how much of your life runs you.

Smoking. Do you? - providencecrow - 06-23-2008

toddlerfondler Wrote:Smoking is one of those indicators of a worthless person. Addiction has gotten the better of you and you will is weak. You spend masive amounts of money on something that has no positive effect. At least drinking gets you a buzz but after your addicted to niccotine you need to smoke to stay normal. Once a year i spend a week with only white rice and water, purge the system and figure out how much of your life runs you.

Good for you, and while youre doing that im sitting outside smoking a cigarette enjoying the nice summer weather and not working for 5 minutes at a clip while im on the clock.

And just to flip it around (i apologize in advance, but i get rather Bill Hicks-ish when people just lash out on smokers and call us worthless): what does it matter to you if i smoke or not? Why pass so much judgment calling me worthless etc... By the way, no positive effect? Hell by smoking im guaranteeing a positive effect on the economy. While everyone else is taking their economic stimulus check and hoarding it, im buying 6 cartons of cigarettes and actually spending the money and pumping it back into the economy. Sure eating rice and water makes you feel better about yourself and undoubtedly makes you think less of me, but give me a cigarette, food that tastes delicious, and leave me alone because I am not bothering you at all. Hell in my state i cant smoke indoors anyway so you don't even have the 2nd hand smoke argument to fall back on, so you can get off your soapbox any time you wish.

You can waste your time all you want making sure your body stays clean and pure and is in tip top shape, while i sit back and enjoy all this world has to offer me, and abuse my body as much as i can before i buy the farm.

Quote:Once a year i spend a week with only white rice and water, purge the system and figure out how much of your life runs you.

And you're talking about how much OUR lives run US? Bwaahahahahaha.

The day will come when all of you healthy people will feel pretty damned foolish, lying in your hospital beds, dying of nothing.

Smoking. Do you? - toddlerfundler - 06-23-2008

How dose your, lazy slacking off blowing toxin into the air i breath ass, effect me? Hmm seems like the question anwsers itself. Smoking is a self chosen handicap.

I want to walk around with a a small squirt gun and when I have to walk though a cloud of smoke on my way into work or have some A-hole light up next to me at the bar while i'm eating, i can squirt them. You like sharing your smoke and i like sharing my water, it's the same level of consideration. Like I said smoking is an indicator of a person that thinks the world revolves around them, a worthless person.

By no means do i want to get rid of smoking, you morons pay my taxes and kill yourselfs off in one swoop. I think there will eventually be another dark age when the the stupid people breed out of control, cigerettes are the only thing keeping some sort of balance. Light one up for me!

Smoking. Do you? - providencecrow - 06-23-2008

toddlerfondler Wrote:Smoking is a self chosen handicap.

Ah...you're one of them. I was one of them once...then I got smart

Smoking. Do you? - vsangelchick - 06-23-2008

I smoke.....oh wait....you mean some sort of dried plant wrapped in paper....my bad....it's late, and I'm...well....I'm me....

Smoking. Do you? - rag1ncaucasian - 06-24-2008

can i vote yes if i dip snuff?

its not smoking but it is tobacco consumption.

Smoking. Do you? - Allyson - 06-24-2008

Nope, never have, never even tried it. Just not my thing. I grew up with a smoking father and non-smoking mother. I made my boyfriend quit because I don't want the house to smell. Other than that I don't really care if others do.

Smoking. Do you? - derek - 06-24-2008

rag1ncaucasian Wrote:can i vote yes if i dip snuff?

its not smoking but it is tobacco consumption.

Yeah, still with our addiction.

Smoking. Do you? - xxsloshxx - 06-24-2008

I smoke. I hate it. Low will power. Can't quit. SMOKE.

toddlerfondler Wrote:Smoking is one of those indicators of a worthless person. Addiction has gotten the better of you and you will is weak. You spend masive amounts of money on something that has no positive effect. At least drinking gets you a buzz but after your addicted to niccotine you need to smoke to stay normal. Once a year i spend a week with only white rice and water, purge the system and figure out how much of your life runs you.

Yes, addiction has gotten the better of me, and sure my will may be weak. Nicotene still gets me a buzz the first thing in the morning. But something you forget I willingly started to smoke, knowing the side effects. And at one point I quit for a year. When I am stressed, smoking is a great reliever. I mean, maybe you beat your wife or whatever, i choose to use something that doesn't hurt my family, and helps the economy.

Smoking. Do you? - lobot - 06-24-2008

I quit cigarettes 10 years ago when they started with the crazy taxes, I think my thought was "There is no way I'll pay more than a dollar a pack" That may be a little off, it was 10 years ago.

I am actually currently in the process of quitting now

Smoking. Do you? - desiree - 06-24-2008

Nope, never did.

Smoking. Do you? - Queenie - 06-25-2008

Yep way too long now.

Smoking. Do you? - Queenie - 06-27-2008

vsangelchick Wrote:I smoke.....oh wait....you mean some sort of dried plant wrapped in paper....my bad....it's late, and I'm...well....I'm me....

I'm with ya angel!!

Smoking. Do you? - vsangelchick - 06-27-2008

Wondered how long till that came back around Wink Nice catch queenie!