FBHW Forums
Would you want to live forever? - Printable Version

+- FBHW Forums (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw)
+-- Forum: Free Beer and Hot Wings Show (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Free Beer and Hot Wings Forum (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Would you want to live forever? (/showthread.php?tid=3575)

Would you want to live forever? - Biff - 09-25-2009

Regarding the discussion that Nano Technology may allow reverse aging.

Re: Would you want to live forever? - Howie Feltersnatch - 09-25-2009

I would not want to live forever. I have a theory that the reason Alzheimer's is so prevalent now is because people are living longer than they were (designed for/evolved to) because of popular medicines.

Our bodies are out living our brains...and I don't see a brain transplant or nano technology for that anytime soon.

The science will never be perfect.

I'd much rather a car that doesn't require oil changes, or alternative fuels.

Re: Would you want to live forever? - Wiener Poopie - 09-25-2009

no

Re: Would you want to live forever? - schuyler16 - 09-25-2009

i would if there was a way to preserve my mind, i don't want to be a 5,000 year old vegetable but yeah I could go for some immortality.

Re: Would you want to live forever? - 0rz0ski - 09-25-2009

I choose option C: Pecans. Because they are delicious.

Re: Would you want to live forever? - potthole - 09-25-2009

Sure, 'cuz then I could use that Queen song as my personal theme music. Big Grin

Re: Would you want to live forever? - Philly Mike - 09-25-2009

definitely. I mean if they can make your body reverse age, they can keep your brain healthy too. I would love to live as long as i see fit. then if i want to end it i can do so myself.

Re: Would you want to live forever? - Opus - 09-26-2009

Absolutely not.

Living a middle class life, having to work day in, day out, for eternity with no hope for retirement? Sounds like Hell to me.

Re: Would you want to live forever? - imatoolhed - 09-26-2009

^ you mean if you had all that time you couldn't think of a way to make more money? hell, it might not even have money in the way distant future.

Re: Would you want to live forever? - plumpenut - 09-27-2009

Im gonna say yes. But only because I dont wanna die

Re: Would you want to live forever? - Mad Dog - 09-27-2009

I used to joke that I was going to take up smoking again when I was Eighty. Maybe I better re-think this.

Re: Would you want to live forever? - Howie Feltersnatch - 09-28-2009

imatoolhed Wrote:^ you mean if you had all that time you couldn't think of a way to make more money? hell, it might not even have money in the way distant future.

but it's very unlikely that they find a way for folks to live forever, and just Opus will be doing so, which means he'll not be the only one looking to find a way to find eternal money to go with his eternal life. And no offense to Opus, but it's very likely someone else will find all the good means of eternal money before him.

Re: Would you want to live forever? - Allyson - 09-28-2009

Sit around and watch all my friends and family die? No thanks.

Re: Would you want to live forever? - Biff - 09-28-2009

Allyson Wrote:Sit around and watch all my friends and family die? No thanks.

I think it would apply to everyone so conceivably you wouldn't see this but.....if it only worked for certain people then that certainly would be a HUGE detriment.