FBHW Forums
The Lost WHWT - Printable Version

+- FBHW Forums (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw)
+-- Forum: Free Beer and Hot Wings Show (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Free Beer and Hot Wings Forum (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: The Lost WHWT (/showthread.php?tid=4)

The Lost WHWT - potthole - 06-13-2008

In the spring Hot Wings had a WHWT talking about self checkout lanes at the supermarket. Never before had I agreed more with anything on the radio.

Much to my dismay, however, it never made it online. They posted the WHWT from the day before and the day after, but not this one! Oh, how I would love to hear it again!

The Lost WHWT - bigt8261 - 06-18-2008

I would like to hear that too.

The Lost WHWT - mainerliser - 06-18-2008

Me too! Boy they piss me off!!

The Lost WHWT - dudeshadoway - 06-18-2008

Do you remember when about he had that commentary? I have an archive of the podcasts.

The Lost WHWT - slicedbread - 06-18-2008

This WHWT was so wrong, they are the best things ever invented, next to sliced bread.

The Lost WHWT - hughjeffinkok - 06-18-2008

the best whwt was the one that the intern did when hot wings was making baby batter. The fact that he hated whwt made it even funnier.

The Lost WHWT - potthole - 06-18-2008

dudeshadoway Wrote:Do you remember when about he had that commentary? I have an archive of the podcasts.

I think it was January 16. A quick search through my sent e-mails shows an e-mail I sent the guys on the 17th, asking if they could get WHWT from the 16th put online.

The Lost WHWT - melmo112083 - 07-09-2008

slicedbread Wrote:This WHWT was so wrong, they are the best things ever invented, next to sliced bread.

i don't remember it word for word, but i think his complaint was with the idiots that can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground insisting on using them and pretty much messing up the convenience factor for those of us who can figure out how to read the pretty screen and listen to the nice computer lady tell us what to do. idiots and old people trying to use them was the target, not the concept of the self-checkouts themselves.

...i think...or maybe that's how i feel about them...damn...now i can't remember and need to hear it again....GAH!
???

The Lost WHWT - potthole - 07-09-2008

melmo112083 Wrote:
slicedbread Wrote:This WHWT was so wrong, they are the best things ever invented, next to sliced bread.

i don't remember it word for word, but i think his complaint was with the idiots that can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground insisting on using them and pretty much messing up the convenience factor for those of us who can figure out how to read the pretty screen and listen to the nice computer lady tell us what to do. idiots and old people trying to use them was the target, not the concept of the self-checkouts themselves.

...i think...or maybe that's how i feel about them...damn...now i can't remember and need to hear it again....GAH!
???

Yup, that's what it was about. He was pissed that stupid people have totally ruined a great idea.

There are times where I honestly think I can get through a "traditional" checkout line faster than a self-checkout, thanks to the dummies that don't know how they work.

The Lost WHWT - melmo112083 - 07-09-2008

potthole Wrote:
melmo112083 Wrote:i don't remember it word for word, but i think his complaint was with the idiots that can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground insisting on using them and pretty much messing up the convenience factor for those of us who can figure out how to read the pretty screen and listen to the nice computer lady tell us what to do. idiots and old people trying to use them was the target, not the concept of the self-checkouts themselves.

???

Yup, that's what it was about. He was pissed that stupid people have totally ruined a great idea.

There are times where I honestly think I can get through a "traditional" checkout line faster than a self-checkout, thanks to the dummies that don't know how they work.

yeah, and it doesn't help when the idiot they put in charge of the self-checkouts doesn't know what they're doing or pay attention. i swear the grocery strore in my town has a stipulation requiring the self-checkout attendant to have an IQ of 46 or lower.