FBHW Forums
What's ruining America ? - Printable Version

+- FBHW Forums (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw)
+-- Forum: Way Up High In The Playpen (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: The Touchy Subject Forum (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: What's ruining America ? (/showthread.php?tid=696)

Pages: 1 2 3

What's ruining America ? - Titan! - 07-10-2008

What one thing is destroying this country ?

I'll say illegal immigration. Go the F back !

What's ruining America ? - zeehawk30 - 07-10-2008

Titan ! Wrote:What one thing is destroying this country ?

Some of my ancestors immigrated to the United States illegally. Should I 'Go the F back' too? What makes you think that this country is being destroyed in the first place?

Zee Wrote:

Some of my ancestors immigrated to the United States illegally. Should I 'Go the F back' too? What makes you think that this country is being destroyed in the first place?

Sure why not I'm sure wherever your ancestors are from will welcome you with open arms.

4.00 gas, lack of jobs, affirmative action, take your pick, i'm sure there are others.

What's ruining America ? - plungerhand - 07-10-2008

What one thing is destroying this country ?

Why everybody knows it's that darn rat music......yes I know I said rat.....My bag....

jus' P Wrote:What one thing is destroying this country ?

Why everybody knows it's that darn rat music......yes I know I said rat.....My bag....

I liked me the RATT back in the day. Round and Round is on my IPOD

What's ruining America ? - potthole - 07-11-2008

Zee Wrote:

It would be interesting to compare the number of illegal immigrants in recent years to the number of illegals in other periods of time in history. My gut feeling is that the numbers are quite a bit higher today than they were in the past.

I'm not sure I'm willing to say that illegals are ruining America, but I do feel that, for a few reasons, illegal immigration is not a good thing for the country.

What's ruining America ? - kaboobie92 - 07-11-2008

i agree with potthole. Illegal immigration is not a good thing for this country because it causes a burden on taxpayers. There are obviously more reasons but this is a main one. If a person wants to come to this country legally, great. I dont care where you come from or who you are, its a free country and you should be able to come in LEGALLY. I'm sick of all these mexicans jumping the border and taking advantage of my taxes though their healthcare and incarceration.

What's ruining America ? - zeehawk30 - 07-11-2008

potthole Wrote:
Zee Wrote:Some of my ancestors immigrated to the United States illegally. Should I 'Go the F back' too? What makes you think that this country is being destroyed in the first place?

It would be interesting to compare the number of illegal immigrants in recent years to the number of illegals in other periods of time in history. My gut feeling is that the numbers are quite a bit higher today than they were in the past.

I'm not sure I'm willing to say that illegals are ruining America, but I do feel that, for a few reasons, illegal immigration is not a good thing for the country.

That is a statement that I am more inclined to agree with. Additionally I think a good alternative to, "Go the F back' is to try to make it easier to come here legally. I think there are American citizens and immigrants that take advantage of the system and it should be made harder to live off the government.

What's ruining America ? - Allyson - 07-11-2008

LIBERALS
the media
welfare

Close minded d'bags who seem to always have the loudest voice.

What's ruining America ? - Howie Feltersnatch - 07-11-2008

Politicians

Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:Politicians

I just said that in the post right before yours.

Zee Wrote:

ahhh I thought you were reffering to Titan or something

What's ruining America ? - Titan! - 07-11-2008

Zee Wrote:

LOL !

I think there should be a 10 year term limit on career politicians. 10 years, then you're back to your real job.

Titan ! Wrote:
Zee Wrote:I just said that in the post right before yours.

LOL !

I think there should be a 10 year term limit on career politicians. 10 years, then you're back to your real job.

I work for a conservation district (read as local branch of Department of Ag) we have a board that runs us within the county...it was nearly impossible to finally un-seat just one guy that had been on for 23 years...It was time for new blood but nobody would step in

Let me add to my initial post by saying that I truly do believe America, is and should always be the land of opportunity, if you chose to go through the proper legal process of becoming an American citizen, then good for you, welcome.

If you come here illegally, you deserve a one way bus trip back across whatever border you hopped. If you come back illegally a 2nd time, well then you obviously didn't learn your lesson the first time, and perhaps you need a harsher punishment?

How about this ? Amnesty for all illegal immigrants, if they agree to get sterilized ?

Titan ! Wrote:Let me add to my initial post by saying that I truly do believe America, is and should always be the land of opportunity, if you chose to go through the proper legal process of becoming an American citizen, then good for you, welcome.

If you come here illegally, you deserve a one way bus trip back across whatever border you hopped. If you come back illegally a 2nd time, well then you obviously didn't learn your lesson the first time, and perhaps you need a harsher punishment?

How about this ? Amnesty for all illegal immigrants, if they agree to get sterilized ?

I can't totally agree with that one but I think you are on to something. How about if you choose to be on welfare you have to be sterilized? Or everyone has to have a sterilization that can be reversed if they can pass a basic intelligence test?

Titan ! Wrote:Let me add to my initial post by saying that I truly do believe America, is and should always be the land of opportunity, if you chose to go through the proper legal process of becoming an American citizen, then good for you, welcome.

I agree, if you dislike your country enough to leave it for America and more opportunity than atleast so your allegiance with the country that is willing to take you in and allow you those opportunities

Dick

What's ruining America ? - heathman21 - 07-11-2008

I believe that people on food stamps should have mandatory random drug tests. And if they get busted then they're not allowed their stamps any longer.

1 small step.

Bo Nerdasuck Wrote:I believe that people on food stamps should have mandatory random drug tests. And if they get busted then they're not allowed their stamps any longer.

1 small step.

Yeah!

I have to take random drug testings to pay for the food stamps....workers have to take drug tests to administor the food stamps...what the hell eh?

Bo Nerdasuck Wrote:I believe that people on food stamps should have mandatory random drug tests. And if they get busted then they're not allowed their stamps any longer.

1 small step.

My initial thought was, "Who is going to pay for the drug testing?" I don't think I even completed the thought before I realized the money saved on not giving the ones who fail the tests would exceed the cost of drug testing.

Food Stamps are usually given per family though. Would you drug test every person in the family and if only one failed would you deny the entire family?

Zee Wrote:

1 small step.

My initial thought was, "Who is going to pay for the drug testing?" I don't think I even completed the thought before I realized the money saved on not giving the ones who fail the tests would exceed the cost of drug testing.

Food Stamps are usually given per family though. Would you drug test every person in the family and if only one failed would you deny the entire family?

damn your logic!

Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:
Zee Wrote:My initial thought was, "Who is going to pay for the drug testing?" I don't think I even completed the thought before I realized the money saved on not giving the ones who fail the tests would exceed the cost of drug testing.

damn your logic!

I'm trying to come up with a solution here... we need to make it easier for immigrants to come in... we also need to stop providing for people who don't contribute to society... How about if you are receiving food stamps and you fail the random drug test then you are dropped off in Mexico and traded for a Mexican that wants to come to America. They can take your name and S.S. number just to get things going.

1 small step.

Great Idea Bo. I'll vote for you !

What's ruining America ? - sluttynurse - 07-11-2008

Zee Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:damn your logic!

I'm trying to come up with a solution here... we need to make it easier for immigrants to come in... we also need to stop providing for people who don't contribute to society... How about if you are receiving food stamps and you fail the random drug test then you are dropped off in Mexico and traded for a Mexican that wants to come to America. They can take your name and S.S. number just to get things going.

Agreed. And the people that make milking the welfare system a career choice need to stop having so many damn kids...but I guess that's how they get raises $$.

Zee Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:damn your logic!

I think the key is somehow providing farmers with money from the foodstamp piggy bank....make them hire folks that are on welfare and put them to work for a little more than what they would pay migrants and a more than one would make on welfare...entice them to 'do the work nobody wants' it's not 'teaching them a trade' but it's getting them off the government teet (somewhat) and out working.

Farmer inputs would equal what it was for illegal help and the workers would be around year after year and wouldn't require housing....

sluttynurse Wrote:
Zee Wrote:I'm trying to come up with a solution here... we need to make it easier for immigrants to come in... we also need to stop providing for people who don't contribute to society... How about if you are receiving food stamps and you fail the random drug test then you are dropped off in Mexico and traded for a Mexican that wants to come to America. They can take your name and S.S. number just to get things going.

Agreed. And the people that make milking the welfare system a career choice need to stop having so many damn kids...but I guess that's how they get raises $$.

it's bullshit how they rate familys. I was 19 when my son was born. I dropped out of college and took a job at a grocery store making $7/hr. My now wife and I lived on that while renting a house, feeding 3, and putting her through college. We applied for Food stamps and they gave us $18/month because I made too much money, no utility help, no rent help. At that grocery store I would see peole come in with the 'bridge card' (foodstamp debit card) that had money just for non-taxable food, but then also up to $500 for 'rent' they would buy a pack of 25cent gum with the rent money, and then use the cash to buy beer and pop and cigs.

This thread pisses me off.....i'm going to the Sex thread

GAH!

What's ruining America ? - sluttynurse - 07-11-2008

Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:[quote author=sluttynurse board=politics thread=778 post=12838 time=1215783045]

GAH!

I'll meet you there Howie. Wink

Maybe sterilization should be a punishment available to the courts ?

What's ruining America ? - dino - 07-11-2008

sluttynurse Wrote:Agreed. And the people that make milking the welfare system a career choice need to stop having so many damn kids...but I guess that's how they get raises $$.

it's bullshit how they rate familys. I was 19 when my son was born. I dropped out of college and took a job at a grocery store making $7/hr. My now wife and I lived on that while renting a house, feeding 3, and putting her through college. We applied for Food stamps and they gave us $18/month because I made too much money, no utility help, no rent help. At that grocery store I would see peole come in with the 'bridge card' (foodstamp debit card) that had money just for non-taxable food, but then also up to $500 for 'rent' they would buy a pack of 25cent gum with the rent money, and then use the cash to buy beer and pop and cigs.

GAH!

+1 for working your ass off and not depending on the government dole.

(I know....this +1 makes up for it all doesn't it!)

What's ruining America ? - Wiener Poopie - 07-11-2008

The tax systems, U.S. foreign policy, howiefeltersnatch, so on and so forth

What's ruining America ? - heathman21 - 07-11-2008

Zee Wrote:

1 small step.

Zee,
I would venture to say that it wouldn't be necessary to drug test the entire family. lol
Mainly because if the person getting the stamps is not on drugs there's a decent chance the person is really using the stamps for the correct reasons.

This thinking faulters when you have people buying beer and cigs though....so I'm not sure what the hell to do.

Can they not audit these people who use the debit cards? Unless they buy beer and cigs in bulk, with one swipe, then I think you'd be able to monitor 4 dollar and 15-20 dollar purchases. Then send someone to their house. lol

But then you run into how much money is it going to cost to do all this monitoring.

The system is simply 'effed up.

What's ruining America ? - Allyson - 07-11-2008

Titan ! Wrote:If you come back illegally a 2nd time, well then you obviously didn't learn your lesson the first time, and perhaps you need a harsher punishment?

Thank you Joe Horn.

dino Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:it's bullshit how they rate familys. I was 19 when my son was born. I dropped out of college and took a job at a grocery store making $7/hr. My now wife and I lived on that while renting a house, feeding 3, and putting her through college. We applied for Food stamps and they gave us $18/month because I made too much money, no utility help, no rent help. At that grocery store I would see peole come in with the 'bridge card' (foodstamp debit card) that had money just for non-taxable food, but then also up to $500 for 'rent' they would buy a pack of 25cent gum with the rent money, and then use the cash to buy beer and pop and cigs.

GAH!

+1 for working your ass off and not depending on the government dole.

(I know....this +1 makes up for it all doesn't it!)

I didn't mean to toot my own horn but thats how it's supposed to work I feel. I didn't feel bad for taking a little money back over a few months after having paid in since i was 15.

Hand up not hand out

What's ruining America ? - boizalynne - 07-11-2008

sluttynurse Wrote:Agreed. And the people that make milking the welfare system a career choice need to stop having so many damn kids...but I guess that's how they get raises $$.

GAH!

+1 For this rant!!!!

What's ruining America ? - potthole - 07-11-2008

Titan ! Wrote:I think there should be a 10 year term limit on career politicians. 10 years, then you're back to your real job.

At times I agree with ideas like that, but at times I'm not so sure.

I've heard rumblings that one reason why things in Michigan's government get so muddled up is because the current term limits in the house and senate keep a steady flow of young and unexperienced politicans in the seats.

potthole Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:I think there should be a 10 year term limit on career politicians. 10 years, then you're back to your real job.

At times I agree with ideas like that, but at times I'm not so sure.

I've heard rumblings that one reason why things in Michigan's government get so muddled up is because the current term limits in the house and senate keep a steady flow of young and unexperienced politicans in the seats.

Potthole, Could you please explain to me what an "unexperienced politician" is? I'm not sure i grasp the idea. Do you mean that they arent corrupted by corporations or special interest groups, or the fact that they havent yet mastered how to lie through their teeth. We have too many scumbags in our government.

What's ruining America ? - fistor!@# - 07-11-2008

The easy answer is "the corrupt government", and it's also probably the right answer in more cases than nought.

However, I think what really hurts America is people who only see things as black and white. It's either this or that. This, of course, is never the actual situation, but it's convenient for these people to believe it is so they don't have to feel the guilt or the weight of their words. That's what hurts us the most. This unwillingness to walk a mile in another man's shoes.

What's ruining America ? - Queenie - 07-11-2008

Overpaid politicians, welfare scammies, big oil and drug companies, and parents who don't teach their children right from wrong, and how to respect their elders and authority . . . I know i'm gonna get crap about this, but there are too many parents who think their children can do no wrong. If my child gets in trouble at school, I might not necessarily agree with the teacher, and I will work towards a solution to the problem, but my children will NEVER hear me talk bad about the teacher. Children do not need any help being disrespectful to adults. Our sole job as parents is to raise our children and teach them to function in an adult world. If little Johnny starts a job and doesn't do as he is told cause he doesn't feel like it, he will get fired, and will never be able to support himself or hold down a job until he respects and follows directions. Momma and Daddy aren't always gonna be there to "back him up". I work for a very demanding boss, and I do not necessarily agree with everything he says, but I do my job to the best of my ability, and then some. Sometimes communication between he and I get jumbled and he gets upset. But I do not "fire" back at him and tell him he's a stupid ass for not understanding why it got jumbled, he's the one that went to school and got his JD, and he also signs my checks. I think he has earned the right not to be "fired" upon.

Queenie Wrote:Overpaid politicians, welfare scammies, big oil and drug companies, and parents who don't teach their children right from wrong, and how to respect their elders and authority . . . I know i'm gonna get crap about this, but there are too many parents who think their children can do no wrong. If my child gets in trouble at school, I might not necessarily agree with the teacher, and I will work towards a solution to the problem, but my children will NEVER hear me talk bad about the teacher. Children do not need any help being disrespectful to adults. Our sole job as parents is to raise our children and teach to function in an adult world. If little Johnny starts a job and doesn't do as he is told cause he doesn't feel like it, he will get fired, and will never be able to support himself or hold down a job until he respects and follows directions. Momma and Daddy aren't always gonna be there to "back him up". I work for a very demanding boss, and I do not necessarily agree with everything he says, but I do my job to the best of my ability, and then some. Sometimes communication between he and I get jumbled and he gets upset. But I do not "fire" back at him and tell him he's a stupid ass for not understanding why it got jumbled, he's the one that went to school and got his JD, and he also signs my checks. I think he has earned the right not to be "fired" upon.

Amen to that.