FBHW Forums
Karma - Printable Version

+- FBHW Forums (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw)
+-- Forum: Way Up High In The Playpen (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: I can't wait to talk about........ (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Karma (/showthread.php?tid=865)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Karma - Biff - 07-23-2008

It would seem that the karma feature is being taken far too seriously by a few of us. I can turn it off if enough people don't like it.

Karma - Wiener Poopie - 07-23-2008

Im not afraid of Karma, just AIDS

Karma - beckyp - 07-23-2008

it's just creating problems, i don't see any reason to keep it.

Karma - plungerhand - 07-23-2008

I barely notice and had to have it explained.[drop] I'm stupid [ drop/] If it's bothering somebody kill it.

Karma - ratrad - 07-23-2008

The only thing I don't like is that people have posted that they've +1ed me and my Karma never seems to get bigger. It sucks that no one tells me when they -1 me.

........sounds dirty..............

Karma - ratrad - 07-23-2008

ratrad Wrote:The only thing I don't like is that people have posted that they've +1ed me and my Karma never seems to get bigger. It sucks that no one tells me when they -1 me.

Oh Es! I just set myself up didn't I?

Karma - potthole - 07-23-2008

Dump it. I'm tired of people getting all whiney when they don't like their karma score.

Karma - Queenie - 07-23-2008

ratrad Wrote:The only thing I don't like is that people have posted that they've +1ed me and my Karma never seems to get bigger. It sucks that no one tells me when they -1 me.

+1 . . . are ya happy now?

Karma - peachs - 07-23-2008

I like it but I've never seen it go over 15, then I've seen other members that somehow have +80 or more... that just boggles my mind how someone can go that high!

I still say keep it, it gives me a healthy gauge of how people feel about me on this board

Queenie Wrote:

+1 . . . are ya happy now?

I wanna be happy!! Do me... Do me.....

Karma - fistor!@# - 07-23-2008

potthole Wrote:Dump it. I'm tired of people getting all whiney when they don't like their karma score.

Ha! You're at 0!

LD5ER!!@#

Peachs Wrote:I like it but I've never seen it go over 15, then I've seen other members that somehow have +80 or more... that just boggles my mind how someone can go that high!

I still say keep it, it gives me a healthy gauge of how people feel about me on this board

They get a spouse to join and +1 them as much as possible. *cough*SluttyNurse*cough*

I don't think we need it with the warning level . . . the moderators pretty much stay on top of all the posts (i'm not sure how, geeez, I barely have time to post . . okay so 850+, but that's just me, I couldn't imagine trying to stay on top of ALL the posts) . . anyhoo, I say can it too. But I am sure the whiners will find something else to whine about!! Maybe you should institute a whining warning level . . huh, huh??

potthole Wrote:
Peachs Wrote:I like it but I've never seen it go over 15, then I've seen other members that somehow have +80 or more... that just boggles my mind how someone can go that high!

They get a spouse to join and +1 them as much as possible. *cough*SluttyNurse*cough*

Actually pothole, I think you were meaning the Queen and I. I didn't know what to do with them(karma) as I 've never been on a board. So, I would just give them to her as a joke. Then someone made it a pissin' contest. I think it's funny somebody would whine about it. If you wouldn't be ill to others, you might not get smited. Reap what you sow and all that.

jus' P Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:+1 . . . are ya happy now?

I wanna be happy!! Do me... Do me.....

Done!!

Karma - boizalynne - 07-23-2008

[quote="wienerpoopie"]Im not afraid of Karma, just AIDS

Karma - addicted2wow - 07-23-2008

NO way man it is my goal to be +50 in Karma!!

woot woot

Karma - beerbarella - 07-23-2008

I'm kinda middle of the road about it. I like having it there, but if there are too many problems caused by people misusing or whining about it, it wouldn't break my heart if you had to do away with it.

Of course, instead of doing away with it, said misusers and whiners could just be bitch-slapped when needed. Wink

Karma - Opus - 07-23-2008

I'll say this now..

In all my years of being an admin, my experience tells me that by taking it away, regardless of what the poll says, it will solve nothing.

People will bitch because its here, but the moment it is gone, people will bitch about how they miss it. You will not ever cater to the masses. Even if the poll says one thing right now, 2 weeks from now, or a month, or a year, or whatever, people will log back on who haven't been here for a while and raise the bitch all over again.

I voted keep it, just because its already here.

Karma - fistor!@# - 07-23-2008

Opus brings up a good point.

This board needs fistor's iron........fist now more than ever.

Don't like not having karma? Eff you. Wish karma was taken away? Eff you. The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain? Eff you.

Karma - ashleykme - 07-23-2008

I haven't gotten one, good or bad hmmph

jus' P Wrote:
potthole Wrote:They get a spouse to join and +1 them as much as possible. *cough*SluttyNurse*cough*

Actually pothole, I think you were meaning the Queen and I. I didn't know what to do with them(karma) as I 've never been on a board. So, I would just give them to her as a joke. Then someone made it a pissin' contest. I think it's funny somebody would whine about it. If you wouldn't be ill to others, you might not get smited. Reap what you sow and all that.

Oh, no, I'm not referring to you guys. I know that you guys do that, exalt one another frequently, but you aren't the people I had in mind. What you guys is, in my book, different from what another couple on here does.

I'm thinking of another couple where the husband joined specifically for the apparent purpose of exalting the wife, over and over, all the while she'd piss and moan about people that would smite her.

potthole Wrote:
jus' P Wrote:Actually pothole, I think you were meaning the Queen and I. I didn't know what to do with them(karma) as I 've never been on a board. So, I would just give them to her as a joke. Then someone made it a pissin' contest. I think it's funny somebody would whine about it. If you wouldn't be ill to others, you might not get smited. Reap what you sow and all that.

Oh, no, I'm not referring to you guys. I know that you guys do that, exalt one another frequently, but you aren't the people I had in mind. What you guys is, in my book, different from what another couple on here does.

I'm thinking of another couple where the husband joined specifically for the apparent purpose of exalting the wife, over and over, all the while she'd piss and moan about people that would smite her.

My bag dude. I got the piss and moan vibe as well. Just trying to be civil. Even apologized when I didn't think I was in the wrong.

Karma - addicted2wow - 07-23-2008

Law of Karma
All living creatures are responsible for their karma

Karma - Mark the Valet - 07-24-2008

I could care less if internet people liked me or not.
You think this same subject has stopped any of the hosts of the show?

"Uh oh guys, we just got the numbers and it looks like NOT EVERYONE likes our show. Time to reel it in and quit radio."

Keep it.

Karma - potthole - 07-24-2008

jus' P Wrote:My bag dude. I got the piss and moan vibe as well. Just trying to be civil. Even apologized when I didn't think I was in the wrong.

We're cool. Sorry if you thought I was calling you and the Mrs. out.

Karma - Howie Feltersnatch - 07-24-2008

i like the idea of being able to say '+1!' and it meaning something....even though the karma doesn't mean anything....yeah

Karma - mr10homodance - 07-24-2008

-1 for the idea of getting rid of karma.

Karma - dino - 07-24-2008

Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:i like the idea of being able to say '+1!' and it meaning something....even though the karma doesn't mean anything....yeah
I try to do that. If I +1 or -1 someone I'll actually do it right then and there. Unless I did it already that hour and forget to go back and do it again.

are people really getting upset because of negative karma? do they not know that the internet isn't real life just make believe.

dino Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:i like the idea of being able to say '+1!' and it meaning something....even though the karma doesn't mean anything....yeah
I try to do that. If I +1 or -1 someone I'll actually do it right then and there. Unless I did it already that hour and forget to go back and do it again.

...it means something...+1...but it doesn't mean it means anything to me...know what i mean?

what?

who cares if you can't karma someone right then....if you could you would...thats the point

eventhough it means nothing it means something to me and gives me meaning

mr10homodance Wrote:are people really getting upset because of negative karma?

Unfortunately Yes.

mr10homodance Wrote:do they not know that the internet isn't real life just make believe.
Unfortunately No.

Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:...it means something...+1...but it doesn't mean it means anything to me...know what i mean?

what?

who cares if you can't karma someone right then....if you could you would...thats the point

Well, it means something to me that it means something to you.....when I can't but want to.

There's a special meaning to that that is inexplicable where the meaning is everything....to everyone.

dino Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:...it means something...+1...but it doesn't mean it means anything to me...know what i mean?

what?

Well, it means something to me that it means something to you.....when I can't but want to.

There's a special meaning to that that is inexplicable where the meaning is everything....to everyone.
+1

Karma - Wiener Poopie - 07-24-2008

Karma helps me sleep at night; all I live for is being successful at the internet

[quote="wienerpoopie"]Karma helps me sleep at night; all I live for is being successful at the internet

Karma - Philly Mike - 07-24-2008

I think that if someone takes something like the karma here seriously then they would have a problem with a lot more here. Taking something such as that to heart is showing how thin skinned you are. It is just a message board, have fun here. Getting rid of the whole karma thing would only satisfy people offended by it for the short term, they will find something else to complain about.

who do i have to blow to get some freakin positive karma?

Karma - ratrad - 07-24-2008

addicted2wow Wrote:NO way man it is my goal to be +50 in Karma!!

woot woot

Not going so well I see.

Karma - ratrad - 07-24-2008

dino Wrote:

what?

Was that a Haiku?