FBHW Forums
Songs You're ashamed to like. - Printable Version

+- FBHW Forums (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw)
+-- Forum: Way Up High In The Playpen (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: I can't wait to talk about........ (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Songs You're ashamed to like. (/showthread.php?tid=993)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Songs You're ashamed to like. - dino - 08-05-2008

Allyson Wrote:Have you heard the new song I Kissed a Girl by Katy Perry? Well the chorus goes "I kissed a girl and I liked it..." Well a friend of mine was in Malaysia this summer and the bleeped out "a girl" every time it came up.
I really don't like pop music. I think it's dull and devoid of any real musical talent but Allyson reminded me about a song that I unfortunately don't mind listening to. My only excuse must be that thinking of Katy Perry kissing another girl Smile
I know the guys have talked about this before (freebeer seems to be full of douchey tunes) so what songs are you ashamed that you like?

Songs You're ashamed to like. - Allyson - 08-05-2008

Katy Perry also has another song called "U R Gay" or something and it goes "You're so gay and you don't even like boys..." I think she's pretty funny. I am ashamed of myself but I love Miley Cyrus.

Allyson Wrote:I am ashamed of myself but I love Miley Cyrus.
You celebrate her whole catalog don't you?

Songs You're ashamed to like. - Biff - 08-05-2008

I own the greatest hits collections of ABBA, The Carpenters, and Air Supply. I'd like to say they belong to my wife but I actually purchased them. I also greatly enjoy the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack.

Songs You're ashamed to like. - Howie Feltersnatch - 08-05-2008

I gave away a bunch of cd's that i bought in my pre-teen stage...they were popular and thats why i bought them...before i developed my own musical taste....like the Cardigans and whatnots...no spicegirls though.

Mighty Mighty Bosstones. I mostly enjoy them because I play the trombone and could see myself in a band as awesome!

Songs You're ashamed to like. - dasbow - 08-05-2008

I used to have a couple KC and the Sunshine Band albums. Wish I still did.

Songs You're ashamed to like. - beckyp - 08-05-2008

i still have and listen to my sister's New Kids On The Block cassette tapes...

also techno songs from the 90's.

Admin Wrote:I own the greatest hits collections of ABBA, The Carpenters, and Air Supply. I'd like to say they belong to my wife but I actually purchased them. I also greatly enjoy the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack.
Can't bust on Air Supply too much....Come one now....Makin' Love Outta Nothin' at all?!?!?!?!?! Pure gold. But the Carpenters??

Jo Wrote:i still have and listen to my sister's New Kids On The Block cassette tapes...

So you're all excited for their big reunion tour? You already have tickets don't you?

Songs You're ashamed to like. - beckyp - 08-05-2008

dino Wrote:
Jo Wrote:i still have and listen to my sister's New Kids On The Block cassette tapes...

So you're all excited for their big reunion tour? You already have tickets don't you?

the new song sucks and one of them is balding. yeah, i'm stoked.

Songs You're ashamed to like. - Wiener Poopie - 08-05-2008

I hate to admit it but I will listen to any song by Taylor Swift

Songs You're ashamed to like. - fistor!@# - 08-05-2008

Len (or whatever) - Steal My Sunshine.

I do not own a stereo loud enough to accomodate that song.

Songs You're ashamed to like. - brytn - 08-05-2008

2 songs from Terrence Trent D'Arby "Sign Your Name", "Wishing Well". Also, "Sara Smile" Hall and Oates.

Songs You're ashamed to like. - Queenie - 08-05-2008

Afternoon Delight - Starland Vocal Band
Sarah Smile - Hall & Oates
Daniel - Elton John
Everything I Own - Bread
Melissa - Allman Bros Band
Summer Breeze - Seals & Croft
I Need You - America
Wildfire - Michael Martin Murphy
Clumsy - Fergi
Dem Jeans - Chingy
Get me Bodied - Beyonce

The last three because nobody accepts rap except my girls . . .so I only listen when i'm alone with them.

Songs You're ashamed to like. - boizalynne - 08-05-2008

dino Wrote:
Allyson Wrote:Have you heard the new song I Kissed a Girl by Katy Perry? Well the chorus goes "I kissed a girl and I liked it..." Well a friend of mine was in Malaysia this summer and the bleeped out "a girl" every time it came up.
I really don't like pop music. I think it's dull and devoid of any real musical talent but Allyson reminded me about a song that I unfortunately don't mind listening to. My only excuse must be that thinking of Katy Perry kissing another girl Smile
I know the guys have talked about this before (freebeer seems to be full of douchey tunes) so what songs are you ashamed that you like?

The Monkees... I'm gay for the Monkees.

Songs You're ashamed to like. - beerbarella - 08-05-2008

I have such a wide range of music tastes, I wouldn't know how to begin listing the embarrassing songs I like. Some of the bands/singers I get looked at funny for are...

KC and the Sunshine Band
Gordon Lightfoot
Don Williams
The Monkees
Carole King

and for some reason I find The Lion Sleeps Tonight by the Tokens highly enjoyable.

Queenie Wrote:Afternoon Delight - Starland Vocal Band
Daniel - Elton John
Everything I Own - Bread
I Need You - America
Clumsy - Fergi
Dem Jeans - Chingy
Get me Bodied - Beyonce

The last three because nobody accepts rap except my girls . . .so I only listen when i'm alone with them.
Since Afternoon Delight is part of a widely excepted hilarious movie it has a pass. But why on God's green earth would you be ashamed of anything the Allman Bros. band does?!?!?! You got something against Georgia or hate one of the best jam bands ever? I am very perplexed. Help me understand ???

dino Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:Afternoon Delight - Starland Vocal Band
Daniel - Elton John
Everything I Own - Bread
I Need You - America
Clumsy - Fergi
Dem Jeans - Chingy
Get me Bodied - Beyonce

Since Afternoon Delight is part of a widely excepted hilarious movie it has a pass. But why on God's green earth would you be ashamed of anything the Allman Bros. band does?!?!?! You got something against Georgia or hate one of the best jam bands ever? I am very perplexed. Help me understand ???

Ok you're right . . . I just figured it is a sappy song, and I know the thread title wasn't "Sappy Songs You Like but Aren't Ashamed to Like" . . . I will consider myself reprimanded Mr. Fistor!!

Queenie Wrote:Ok you're right . . . I just figured it is a sappy song, and I know the thread title wasn't "Sappy Songs You Like but Aren't Ashamed to Like" . . . I will consider myself reprimanded Mr. Fistor!!
Mr. Fistor ??? But I'm Dino ;D

Songs You're ashamed to like. - Mark the Valet - 08-05-2008

Admin Wrote:I also greatly enjoy the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack.
Dude, that's the Bee Gees! There's nothing wrong with that!

dino Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:Ok you're right . . . I just figured it is a sappy song, and I know the thread title wasn't "Sappy Songs You Like but Aren't Ashamed to Like" . . . I will consider myself reprimanded Mr. Fistor!!
Mr. Fistor ??? But I'm Dino ;D

Sorry Dino . . . i've been at home sick today and tried to do some work . . . i've been in and out of conscienceness and feel a little woozy . . . right . . . nooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwww

Songs You're ashamed to like. - Titan! - 08-05-2008

Sorry showed up late to the party. Feel free to smite as you see fit

Save a Horse~ both the original and the dance remix Big and Rich
Hollaback Girl~ Gwen Stefani
Barbie Girl~ Aqua (Whole album)
Air Supply's greatest hits album
The Moulin Rouge soundtrack Vol 1
Jock Jams Vol 1
All the things she said~ T.a.t.u (Whole album)

Titan ! Wrote:Sorry showed up late to the party. Feel free to smite as you see fit

Jock Jams Vol 1
Better late than never I usually say.....but Moulin Rouge ???

Songs You're ashamed to like. - Biff - 08-05-2008

Moulin Rouge was actually a pretty good movie. I don't own the soundtrack but from what I recall the music was pretty good.

Admin Wrote:Moulin Rouge was actually a pretty good movie. I don't own the soundtrack but from what I recall the music was pretty good.
So did I completely miss the moulin rouge train or what?

Songs You're ashamed to like. - Mark the Valet - 08-06-2008

dino Wrote:So did I completely miss the moulin rouge train or what?
I effin' HATE that movie.

Songs You're ashamed to like. - peachs - 08-06-2008

Shaun has Candyman by Aqua on his ipod, and it makes me insanely giggly every time I hear it...

Songs You're ashamed to like. - scooterfanatic - 08-06-2008

I tell you what, I love his music. I am a Michael...Bolton...fan. Gosh I don't know if it gets any better when he sings "When a man loves a woman."

Songs You're ashamed to like. - Titan! - 08-06-2008

scooterfanatic Wrote:I tell you what, I love his music. I am a Michael...Bolton...fan. Gosh I don't know if it gets any better when he sings "When a man loves a woman."

Trust me brother, it really does get better than that. I promise.

Also, I have like 7 or 8 different versions of Enter Sandman.

Songs You're ashamed to like. - Allyson - 08-06-2008

scooterfanatic Wrote:I tell you what, I love his music. I am a Michael...Bolton...fan. Gosh I don't know if it gets any better when he sings "When a man loves a woman."

Well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton. There was nothing wrong with it until I was about 12 years old and that no-talent ass clown became famous and started winning Grammys.

Songs You're ashamed to like. - dingdongyo - 08-06-2008

i'm pretty sure i still have this tape:

[flash=350,287]http://www.youtube.com/v/Xd4CzNBzRjc&hl=en[/flash]

Songs You're ashamed to like. - Queenie - 08-06-2008

Titan ! Wrote:Sorry showed up late to the party. Feel free to smite as you see fit

Jock Jams Vol 1

I do like Gwen Stefani and she is awesome live. I love Hollaback Girl too because of the cheerleader in me. I'm always looking for good "cheerleading" songs. Janet Jackson's Generation. Just awesome!

Songs You're ashamed to like. - Biff - 08-06-2008

Queenie Wrote:I'm always looking for good "cheerleading" songs.

Oh Mickey you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind hey Mickey!

Admin Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:I'm always looking for good "cheerleading" songs.

Oh Mickey you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind hey Mickey!

Oh, Mickey, what a pity you don't understand
You take me by the heart and you take me by the hand
Oh, Mickey, you're so pretty, can't you understand?
It's guys like you, Mickey

And what you do, Mickey, do, Mickey
Don't break my heart, Mickey

I'm quite impressed Biff!! Big Grin

Queenie Wrote:
Admin Wrote:Oh Mickey you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind hey Mickey!

Oh, Mickey, what a pity you don't understand
You take me by the heart and you take me by the hand
Oh, Mickey, you're so pretty, can't you understand?
It's guys like you, Mickey

And what you do, Mickey, do, Mickey
Don't break my heart, Mickey

I'm quite impressed Biff!! Big Grin

ever hear the wierd al version ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdAkw9Tuek4

If I'm out walking, and Hollaback Girl comes up on my Ipod, my semi leisurely walk suddenly turns into an olympic gold medal power walk

Titan ! Wrote:If I'm out walking, and Hollaback Girl comes up on my Ipod, my semi leisurely walk suddenly turns into an olympic gold medal power walk

[drop]That sounds gay[/drop]

Queenie Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:If I'm out walking, and Hollaback Girl comes up on my Ipod, my semi leisurely walk suddenly turns into an olympic gold medal power walk

[drop]That sounds gay[/drop]

It probably looks pretty gay too. Whatever. It burns calories.

Songs You're ashamed to like. - fistor!@# - 08-06-2008

Titan ! Wrote:
Queenie Wrote:[drop]That sounds gay[/drop]

It probably looks pretty gay too. Whatever. It burns calories.

Don't you have an assignment to complete?

Fistor Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:It probably looks pretty gay too. Whatever. It burns calories.

Don't you have an assignment to complete?

Go back and answer my question

Songs You're ashamed to like. - dino - 08-06-2008

Allyson Wrote:

Well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton. There was nothing wrong with it until I was about 12 years old and that no-talent ass clown became famous and started winning Grammys.
+1 for an awesome quote! Am I the only one tat caught it or the only one who cares enough Sad