Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
West Michigan ThunderHawks
The West Michigan ThunderHawks are set to open their season at the end of this month. Home games will be played at the Deltaplex on Friday and Saturday nights, between February and May.

The ThunderHawks are part of the Indoor Football League (IFL), which is currently the largest indoor football league in America, at 25 teams. Talent level is probably not quite as high as what we saw with the Rampage, but it's generally considered to be first or second best out of current leagues, along with AF1 (the "new" Arena Football league).

Ticket prices look like they range from $12 to $19 for single games, which is a huge plus over the old Rampage.
Arena football is a lot of fun to watch. It is so much faster.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I went to an indoor football game in Port Huron a few years back and while it wasn't the AFL (or even the IFL) it was quite entertaining. It was the championship game and I knew the Port Huron coach so we were able to get on the field after the game. There were a lot of siblings of UofM, MSU and Lions players on the roster for Port Huron. I'm assuming the Thunderhawks would be similar.
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
One name that stands out to me is Brad Iciek, who just finished up his college career at GVSU. At the moment he's the only name confirmed on the team website. They just had their last set of open tryouts at the end of January, though, so I'm sure more names will start coming out pretty soon.

It wouldn't surprise me to see at least a handful of names from the Rampage.
YAY !

:: does gay little happy dance ::

Woo
Wowie Groovie !
FIRST GAME IS FRIDAY!

Be there or be square!
Great Start to the season !

It's really cool to be one of their Official Photographers, it really feels like i'm part of something.

It also has that "small team" feel that you get from movies like Slap Shot or Semi Pro.

It's the kind of team where you feel like you might see one of the owners running a vacuum to clean the turf before the game. Oh wait... I DID SEE ONE OF THE TEAM OWNERS RUNNING A VACUUM BEFORE THE GAME !

Come on out, you wont be disappointed.

PS... I supposedly met Fustercluck tonight too, but I think it was just some guy Biff paid to pretend to be Fuster so as to keep his secret identities secret.
Wowie Groovie !
Titan! Wrote:PS... I supposedly met Fustercluck tonight too, but I think it was just some guy Biff paid to pretend to be Fuster so as to keep his secret identities secret.

Did he look like this?

[Image: earlhindman.jpg]
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
-Jiggy- Wrote:
Titan! Wrote:PS... I supposedly met Fustercluck tonight too, but I think it was just some guy Biff paid to pretend to be Fuster so as to keep his secret identities secret.

Did he look like this?

[Image: earlhindman.jpg]

Somewhat, yes.
Wowie Groovie !
There were a few mishaps off the field (singer mixed up words during the Anthem, wrong song was played for the dance team causing them to just stand there in the middle of the field doing nothing, video problems prevented the game from being broadcast online), but the gameplay itself was fantastic.

The next home game is March 19, a Friday night. Come on out, you will have a good time. The football is action packed, the music is loud, and the beer is cold.

Oh yeah, saw Producer Joe with some friends in the crowd.

Small sample of my photos:

[Image: 4392066187_7302c5daf7_o.jpg]

[Image: 4392068791_6f748f1f95_o.jpg]

[Image: 4392060621_88b9e8427c_o.jpg]

[Image: 4392061495_9048bf9e97_o.jpg]

More can be seen on the team's website.
Good work Potthole! :thumbup:
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Awesome pics, potthole!! Titan, you need to post some of yours as well.
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:Awesome pics, potthole!! Titan, you need to post some of yours as well.

Working on it, I've got a couple "MUST BE FINISHED TODAY ! ! " projects that are eating a lot of my time. Hopefully all will be caught up and back on track this week.
Wowie Groovie !
Game Two!

Friday, March 19!

Be there!
For all of you dorks who haven't made it out to a game, here's an example of what you're missing!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4Ao8QUbte8[/youtube]

The video looks a little funny because it appears that it's been put to 2x speed or something like that, but you get the idea nonetheless. HOME GAME THIS SUNDAY! 3:00!
3rd game today ! 3pm
Wowie Groovie !
so is it pretty similar to arena league? The field looks similar
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
plumpenut Wrote:so is it pretty similar to arena league? The field looks similar

Yes, as far as the field and game itself, it's pretty much the same are Arena League,
Wowie Groovie !
plumpenut Wrote:so is it pretty similar to arena league? The field looks similar

Similar but not the same. Ok, time to nerd out... :geek:

There are two types of inside football, Arena and Indoor. Both fields are 50 yards with walls around them. Both are 8-on-8 players.

Arena Football is actually a trademarked name and brand of inside football. Arena Football uses rebound nets that hang up by the goalposts. If a kick goes wide on a field goal or kickoff, it'll bounce off the net and back on the field, and the ball is considered live. There are also rules in Arena Football that somewhat limit defenses (number of linebackers that can be used). Offense in Arena Football is much more focused on passing, you will see few rushing plays.

Indoor Football is basically what you see being played by every team/league that isn't part of the Arena Football League. There are no rebound nets by the goalposts (because they'd have to pay a fee to Arena Football to use them). If a kickoff or field goal goes wide, it goes into the stands and a fan gets to keep the ball. There are not as many rules that hinder the play of defense. This isn't to say that the games are low scoring, however. You'll just see more defensive play in the Indoor version. There is also more of an emphasis on rushing plays on offense.

Most people say that Indoor Football is much more similar to the outdoor version of the game than Arena is.
I don't think i'd consider that "nerding out" potthole. Sounds more like "jocking out" to me!
True, but getting all sports-guy is the sports version of nerding out.
Sports nerdery is still nerdery
Wowie Groovie !
You chance to win free tickets!

Create a caption for the photo in the gold, and you might win tickets to an upcoming game!

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.westmichiganthunderhawks.com/3-28PhotoGallery.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.westmichiganthunderhawks.com ... llery.html</a><!-- m -->
Well done on the photos Potthole. :thumbup:
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Thanks, Biff. I notice that I get more and more quality photos at each game. I've been really happy with what I shoot, as has the team, all in all this has been a wonderful experience thus far.

I won't be able to be at the next game (I'll be on vacation, so I won't complain), so come May 1 (the next game I'll be at), I will be stark-raving mad for more football.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJLxpg0KgMc[/youtube]