YourMomsBox!
All-gay school... - Printable Version

+- YourMomsBox! (https://www.cdih.net/ymb)
+-- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Off-Topical (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: All-gay school... (/showthread.php?tid=957)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

All-gay school... - Rooner - 07-30-2003

Quote:Originally posted by Sloats
Quote:Originally posted by Rooner
Quote:but since ONE school will be catered for gays does that now mean that all gays will be \"seperating themselves from society at large\"?

I submit that it does not.

Would that be such a bad thing?

Completely removing themselves like the Amish, no. But they will be identifying themselves as a subgroup, and because they will become a subgroup of society, the WILL be viewed and judged differently then society on whole.
Again, wheres the problem?

All-gay school... - 60FeetUnderWater - 07-30-2003

Quote:Originally posted by Sloats

they will become a subgroup of society, the WILL be viewed and judged differently then society on whole.

uh, don't you think that is already the case? :confused:

were gays ever viewed as a part of society like mason workers or mechanics?

They have always been on the outside; they've been forced to keep thier sexuality a secret until fairly recently in our history. You think a show like Will & Grace would have existed in the 80's? (uhh...no way...and you know this.)

Hell, we still can't get certain male athletes to come out and admit they like the cock.

You know, guys like Giambi and Jeter.

Oh, like Piazza and Shockey.

Quote:Originally posted by Rooner

Oh, like Piazza and Shockey.

yup.

and lets not forget the entire Redskins organization....

and Allen Iverson too. :moon:

Now you know the Skins are too busy smokin crack to be gay. AI maybe, he DID through his wife out nekkid.

All-gay school... - Keyser Soze - 07-30-2003

bernie williams is soooooo gay.

All-gay school... - FollowThisLogic - 07-30-2003

You know, 420, for someone who is a minority, you seem to have a lot of ideas that perpetuate hatred for people who are different.

The idea of, "well, if the blacks can have a school, the gays should be able to have one", and any other damn group that wants one..... ALL of it is wrong, including blacks. Affirmative action is wrong as well. Having to fill a quota of minorities, even if they are less qualified than other applicants, is fucking wrong and counter-productive.

And yes, I'm saying that an all-black college is wrong. Why is it wrong? Special privileges. It's standing up and yelling, "we're different and we're proud of it"..... fine, be as proud as you want, but by wanting so desperately to make sure EVERYONE knows you're different, you're asking for different treatment.

Not being able to accept that we're all just fuckin PEOPLE, is what makes it impossible for this shit to go away.

Quote:Originally posted by FollowThisLogic
You know, 420, for someone who is a minority, you seem to have a lot of ideas that perpetuate hatred for people who are different.

The idea of, \"well, if the blacks can have a school, the gays should be able to have one\", and any other damn group that wants one..... ALL of it is wrong, including blacks. Affirmative action is wrong as well. Having to fill a quota of minorities, even if they are less qualified than other applicants, is fucking wrong and counter-productive.

Stay on target here, FTL. I'm not about to dive into the pros & cons of AA with you but I will say this: For the time being, under the current racial climate of this country, it is a necessary policy that is needed. Should it be eradicated? Of course but only when you can assure me that all peoples are treated equally in all geographic regions of this country.

Quote:And yes, I'm saying that an all-black college is wrong. Why is it wrong? Special privileges. It's standing up and yelling, \"we're different and we're proud of it\"..... fine, be as proud as you want, but by wanting so desperately to make sure EVERYONE knows you're different, you're asking for different treatment.

yes, blacks and other minorities do want "different" treatment - stuff like "slavery" just didn't go over too well with us colored folk.

You know, FTL, you claim its special privilages that blacks have at these colleges well, what about the Harvards and Yales of the world? Huh? What about the Seton Halls (where I attended briefly) of the world where the majority of the black students are athletes on sports scholarships?

noooooo...nobody thinks about how many places are populated by a majority of non-colored people.

And we also forget how some in power would like to KEEP it that way.

Quote:Not being able to accept that we're all just fuckin PEOPLE, is what makes it impossible for this shit to go away.

True.

Funny though, its always the white folk, who RARELY felt the sting of bigotry, that make that proclamation - "hey, we're all humans".

And you know what FTL, I DO wish none of these issues of racism existed but they DO. And things like AA are needed during these times to ensure that we never go back to a time where there are seperate water fountains and the like.

Now, people who choose to go to a gay school...how is that "special privilages"? Do they automatically pass thier grade level after proving to be authentically gay? No, they don't. They have to learn like the rest of us. All I'm defending is that if certain people want to go to a certain school then they should be allowed to do so. They should have a choice.

FTL - I'm not trying to make you to be the embodiment of an entire race of people but when people of non-colored complexion bitch that its a "double standard" or its "not right" well, look at it from the OTHER side of the fence.

(and please understand that what I'm about to say is NOT a personal attack at ANY of you "white folk", ok? Racism heats me up...just bare with me, ok?)

"You people" have a hold on most of the major corporations. Not one black man has been president. Most major positions in the military and our government - ran and held by "you people". Heterosexual white males run this country and some of those straight white men LIKE the way things are currently; The minorities are good enough to work the feilds or the manufacturing plants but oh, no no...no CEOs for you!

Things are beter today for all of us (gays, blacks, hispanics, etc...) than it was 35 years ago but don't try to tell me that its all behind us - the racism, the bigotry, the struggle to keep the power where it currently lies and to spread to EVERYONE who should have a piece of that power...that struggle continues.

A school for gays is not a step backward at all - it just says:

"hey, faggots, come and learn here if you want to but don't forget, eventually, back out into the real world you'll go".

Add FTL, as much as we're ALL HUMAN, we ARE different and these differences should be accepted and CELEBRATED.

Not discounted, ignored and/or "tolerated".

(let the record show that I think these kinds of discussions are necessary for the advancement of our entire species but MAN do they get me fired up.)

All-gay school... - madmick - 07-30-2003

Not to get to far off track. But, are they going to at least put web cams in the female/locker/shower room?

All-gay school... - FollowThisLogic - 07-30-2003

Quote:stuff like \"slavery\" just didn't go over too well with us colored folk.
See, this is fucked up. YOU weren't exactly plucked from a cotton field, and neither was anyone you've ever known in your life. Matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised if no one you've ever known, ever knew anyone who had.

Again though, you're not thinking forward. You're thinking only about "well, I'm on the shit end of the stick now". You're not thinking of how it can be fixed, you're only thinking of how it's bad now.

My point is, there's so much complaining about repression and shit, and not enough being done that will really fix it. And the stuff that is being done with the intention of fixing it, is only making things fucking WORSE.

I interviewed for a job yesterday. There was an EOE form for me to sign, along with some other stuff. Now, if I were to find out that I was much more qualified than a minority candidate for the job, but he got it because he was a minority and they had to do it, don't you think I'd be pretty fucking pissed off? Do you think I'd shrug it off and say "oh, well 400 years of slavery, I guess he deserved it". <b>FUCK NO! That is BULLSHIT!</b>