YourMomsBox!
Still a Kid - Printable Version

+- YourMomsBox! (https://www.cdih.net/ymb)
+-- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Off-Topical (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Still a Kid (/showthread.php?tid=3392)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Still a Kid - header - 06-15-2004

My parents were old. They were always off at business dinners and shit at country clubs trying to play a societal game that they hated. I'll probably have the counter-effect with my son and he'll get tired of me trying to hang out with him. THis is destined to backfire.

Still a Kid - Silera - 06-15-2004

I don't know if it's an exception. We're talking mid 70's. It was a different time. People just didn't act like kids with their kids I think.

She never played Barbie or dress up with me.

Maybe she didn't love me.

Still a Kid - Sloats - 06-15-2004

we are kids longer because we didn't have fathers who would thump us if we acted irresponsible and stupid.... We never learned to be responsible for we never had a reason to .

Still a Kid - header - 06-15-2004

The other day, I mentioned to my mother how my dad used to hit me with a belt when I got out of line. She was in shock and flat out denied it. Must have tucked that far away from her memory. I really don't know how I am so well adjusted. Not that they were abusive, he was the boss and we did what he said or faced verbal or physical backlash in varying degrees.

Still a Kid - Rooner - 06-15-2004

Quote:Originally posted by Silera
I don't know if it's an exception. We're talking mid 70's. It was a different time. People just didn't act like kids with their kids I think.

She never played Barbie or dress up with me.

Maybe she didn't love me.

Im FORCED to play barbies and dress up with my daughters. Least they let me be the boy barbie. Sometimes.

Still a Kid - Silera - 06-15-2004

I don't think I'm irresponsible, I just really don't feel like an adult at all.

I still think I'm fun.

Adults are boring.

Still a Kid - TheDude - 06-15-2004

Quote:Originally posted by Silera
Talking to Hosp on aim, and an interesting idea came up. I don't feel like I'm an adult, even though I've been one now for 10 years. Full fledged, working full time, raising two kids, paying my bills adult.

Yet, I still find myself wanting ice cream and chocolate milk, and not wanting to share with the kids. I don't remember my mom being like that with me.

Are we kids for a lot longer now? Are we less responsible? Or, are we able to be young longer because people are living longer?

I know speaking for myself, as I'm about to turn 28 next month... I still have the same mentality as I did 10 years ago when I was 17/18. My priorties are the same, having fun is far more important than anything else.

For me I think it was growing up watching my father slave his life away working long hours and commuting through Long Island traffic to new Jersey everyday. House, kids, picket fences it's the very last thing on my mind... I'm much more concerned about Yankee & Ranger tickets and pint prices at the local watering hole.

Still a Kid - IrishAlkey - 06-15-2004

You fuck like a little girl.

mmmmm

Still a Kid - TheDude - 06-15-2004

*gasps*

you weren't supposed to tell anyone about that night!!!

Still a Kid - Rooner - 06-15-2004

I admit im boring.

I dont like bars anymore. I absolutel abhorr being around drunks. Im lucky if I drink once a month.

I still smoke weed, but usually by myself and as a form of self medication to keep me from running people off the road.

Im responsible to a fault, I put any and all people above myself and my needs.

I work 2 jobs just to be able to get my girls the little things they want but dont really need.

My outlet for my inner child is pretty much this place. Ban me and Ill go on a killing spree. Or to another message board.