YourMomsBox!
Read At Last - Printable Version

+- YourMomsBox! (https://www.cdih.net/ymb)
+-- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Silera's Box (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Read At Last (/showthread.php?tid=549)

Pages: 1 2

Read At Last - IrishAlkey - 06-03-2003

I like ice cream.

Read At Last - JimmyBlueEyes - 06-03-2003

I like lollipops.......and I like Jell-O

Read At Last - tinymike - 06-03-2003

I gotta go poopy!......:moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:

Read At Last - Buttmunch - 06-03-2003

Quote:Originally posted by Silera
Oh the story only gets better.

I went to court Thursday with no lawyer, because I can't afford one and this was a traffic violation and I actually didn't break a law on purpose. I got there at 9 am. I told the clerk I didn't have a lawyer. I took a seat. At 10 am the building was evacuated for a fire drill. At 11:30 I finally got back in and told the clerk again that I was there. At 12:30 I went yet again to the clerk at which point she says, I just put you on the list, go to lunch.

The whole time I'm sitting there, everyone coming up be it shoplifters, pot users, crackheads, or other people simply there for suspended licenses were given a $50 fine and a violation. I got called at 2:30, and the DA offers me a misdeamenor and a $250 fine. I said I didn't have a lawyer and she says, you were told at your arraignment you couldn't get legal aid. I replied that earning more than 45K did not mean that I simply had money to burn.

So I plead not guilty and now I have to lose yet another day of work in July.

Fun times.

Plead diminished capacity.

Read At Last - sweet angel - 06-03-2003

I just read that and I have to say I'm totally and completely amazed that such things happen. Granted, I tend to live in my own little world, but I work for a lawyer and I'm totally speechless.

I would suggest you speak to a few lawyers (look in the phone book for free consultations or call a lawyer referral service) and find someone to take this case on a payment plan, or if you truly want to pursue this and sue the city, etc., someone who will take it on a contingency basis (they take a percentage of what you win, if you win).

You truly got the short end of the stick that day and you deserve restitution.

Kudos to you for keeping your cool. I'm very level-headed and I doubt I would've reacted so well. I probably would've been terrified, crying and rocking in a corner of the cell.

On another note, I hope you contacted Motor Vehicle and requested copies of all the letters they sent you. The fact that you didn't receive anything doesn't mean anything. If they sent it, it's considered delivered....especially if it was sent certified and regular mail.

I also hope you got copies of any and all police reports. You can request discovery from the city or prosecutor's office (in the event you still don't want an attorney or can't afford one, the more info you have at your disposal the better).

Out of curiousity, why was your license suspended? Nevermind, you don't have to answer that...none of my business.

I'm going to keep thinking....

Read At Last - JimmyBlueEyes - 06-04-2003

Check this out..I was telling Silera this earlier today. We (me and the GF) moved in to our new place today and slipped the moving truck into someones spot. The guy comes back and complains to the co op board immediately...instead of maybe playing nice and asking us to move the truck, so we get slapped with a $100 fine..
It's like hi welcome to your new home, here's a fine for you. I really want to fight this thing...but not sure how to go about it.

Read At Last - sweet angel - 06-04-2003

At least you know which neighbor to make nice with now....or piss off more!

Read At Last - Rooner - 06-04-2003

Quote:Originally posted by Silera

I now need to be given a criminal record.

Arent all Ricans born with one? :o

[runs away like a girl]

Read At Last - JimmyBlueEyes - 06-04-2003

I don't think she's Puerto Rican, dude.