YourMomsBox!
A call to arms, from GIP himself. - Printable Version

+- YourMomsBox! (https://www.cdih.net/ymb)
+-- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Off-Topical (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: A call to arms, from GIP himself. (/showthread.php?tid=818)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

A call to arms, from GIP himself. - tricia - 07-14-2003

maybe i am

A call to arms, from GIP himself. - GreasyItalianPrincess - 07-14-2003

Quote:while i do find these types of discussions interesting from time to time, there is only a certain amount of reading that people are willing to put in on a board like this. for the most part, people come here for a break from work or because they're bored and want some mindless entertainment, kinda like why i think most of us listened to the show. sure, every once in a while a serious subject would be addressed, but there was a whole lot of silliness in between. and frankly, i think if people want to have a seriously in depth discussion about politics and what not there are plenty of serious news sites on the web.

Dead-on, Tricia.

For me:
It's not the fact that they were moved, but the high-brow attitude by someone who's own threads, post habits, choosing of mods...have been haphazard, if not questionable.

A call to arms, from GIP himself. - FollowThisLogic - 07-14-2003

Not 100% intelligence but fucking hell, when the ONLY three active threads are Questions, Vagina Party, and Sausage Party, I'm fucking sorry to those who enjoy it, but that is a PROBLEM.

The chat bullshit threads might be a little more acceptable if there's SOMETHING ELSE along with them.

GIP, are you just looking to run this place?

i have no desire to mod/run anything besides my own life.

however, i will feel free to have an opinion on something (which i've done since 10/03/00). Especially in lieu of someone trying to reach back in time to hit me with something, which i argue, is not only apples to oranges, but not necessarily corresponding to your argument.

I'm not doing anything new or beyond my norm...this is a messageboard...i feel free to share my opinion. Angel

A call to arms, from GIP himself. - Rooner - 07-14-2003

Quote:Originally posted by FollowThisLogic
Not 100% intelligence but fucking hell, when the ONLY three active threads are Questions, Vagina Party, and Sausage Party, I'm fucking sorry to those who enjoy it, but that is a PROBLEM.

The chat bullshit threads might be a little more acceptable if there's SOMETHING ELSE along with them.

GIP, are you just looking to run this place?

For the record, I must say, do you only check in periodically? They werent the ONLY active threads. Just the MOST active.

opinion derides common sense and facts. truth is, besides those threads, there was activity in others...including on Friday.

A call to arms, from GIP himself. - FollowThisLogic - 07-14-2003

I saw many times when they were the only 3 threads moving at all.

I'm not getting into another argument, I simply don't need to waste the time and fucking annoyance. If you don't like how things are run, tough shit - your incessant bullshit has made me stop giving a shit what you or anyone else thinks.

Ever heard Chris Rock's bit about "I'm not saying OJ should've killed 'em, BUT I UNDERSTAND."? Well lately, I'm not saying I'm thinking like Froy, but I fucking understand all right.

A call to arms, from GIP himself. - KensPen - 07-14-2003

Can I have a section called, "Dear Ken" at your new website FTL?

dude, i will remind you that you CHOSE to continue this argument in a completely new thread. So, like Froy, you brought this on yourself. So, you shoulkd understand how he feels...b/c the common element is to not listen to anyone else but yourself and what you think.

Now, had this situation been tactfully done, with a FAQ or post about Chat threads being put to another forum than some reactionary moves with only explanations after the fact (also Froyesque, btw) perhaps this all could have been avoided.

In other words, tact/respect/explanations/cooth/social graces...these things go a long way.

A call to arms, from GIP himself. - 60FeetUnderWater - 07-14-2003

This thread belongs in Sileras' Cor..I mean Lounge..I mean Corner. whatever the fuck its called nowadays.

Actually, from the outset, it belonged there. (this thread served the specific purpose of calling GIP out in attempt to slam him using his own words against him; a MB fighting tactic if I ever saw one.)

But hey, thats just my opinion...don't mind me...moving along now.