YourMomsBox!
Possible annual, attendance diminishing, softball game... - Printable Version

+- YourMomsBox! (https://www.cdih.net/ymb)
+-- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Off-Topical (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Possible annual, attendance diminishing, softball game... (/showthread.php?tid=3474)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Possible annual, attendance diminishing, softball game... - JJ - 07-24-2004

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Possible annual, attendance diminishing, softball game... - 60FeetUnderWater - 07-24-2004

Labor Day Saturday would be best I think.

Most people tend to have traditional gatherings to attend (like me for instance) on Sunday and Labor Day itself.

But either way, I think I'll have enough time to make it work with my schedule.

JJ, you're a good man. Papa JJ ain't too shabby either. Wink

Good lookin' out. :thumbup:

Possible annual, attendance diminishing, softball game... - Crack Hitler - 07-24-2004

should we give people a few days to decide or should we just make it official now and get this thing rolling in a new thread?

Possible annual, attendance diminishing, softball game... - 60FeetUnderWater - 07-24-2004

being that it is smack dab in the middle of the weekend right now, I say, yeah...lets wait for a few days (until tuesday or so) to give peeps a chance to chime in with thier thoughts/make a decision

Possible annual, attendance diminishing, softball game... - tricia - 07-25-2004

what if you put up a poll with the possible dates and let people vote on it?

Possible annual, attendance diminishing, softball game... - BITENY - 07-25-2004

See, I'm hoping to have enough $ by then, because I only get paid on the 15th & 30th of every month now. Depending on how big my checks are, I should be good by the beginning of September.

Possible annual, attendance diminishing, softball game... - Flock of Moosen - 07-25-2004

Personally, I think you are setting yourself up for a very bad attendance if you set it up Labor Day weekend. Hell, look at last year's game. It was set up well in advance and on a normal weekend and we still needed 3 boards to make 2 full teams. Then, on top of that, we were still short like 2 players and some had to play for both teams.

My vote would go either to the Saturday before or after Labor Day weekend.

Possible annual, attendance diminishing, softball game... - JJ - 07-25-2004

Quote:Originally posted by Flock of Moosen
Personally, I think you are setting yourself up for a very bad attendance if you set it up Labor Day weekend. Hell, look at last year's game. It was set up well in advance and on a normal weekend and we still needed 3 boards to make 2 full teams. Then, on top of that, we were still short like 2 players and some had to play for both teams.

My vote would go either to the Saturday before or after Labor Day weekend.

Very good point there Flock. I kinda have to agree on that. i think we'd have less people if we tried to do it labor day weekend itself. The Saturday before or after sounds about right.

Possible annual, attendance diminishing, softball game... - BITENY - 07-25-2004

Do it the Saturday before Labor Day weekend....

Possible annual, attendance diminishing, softball game... - JJ - 07-25-2004

the saturday before is August 28th. the saturday after is Sept 11th.