YourMomsBox!
I wonder if this is true? - Printable Version

+- YourMomsBox! (https://www.cdih.net/ymb)
+-- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Off-Topical (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: I wonder if this is true? (/showthread.php?tid=3088)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

I wonder if this is true? - TheDude - 04-22-2004

it's still your dough, hard earned or not... I wouldn't have a smuch problems if they spent our money wisely... but that's asking way to much. I don't mind paying taxes but I don't feel any obligation beyond doing that.

I wonder if this is true? - Black Lazerus - 04-22-2004

jews always think money solves everything, thats why hitler almost got rid of them.

I wonder if this is true? - GreasyItalianPrincess - 04-22-2004

Hilter was poor. Bitter fag was he.

I think you missed a patch of cotton over yonder... why don't you whip up a nice chorus of "swing low" while you go over and pluck it.

I wonder if this is true? - madmick - 04-22-2004

Amendment XIII

Section 1.
Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

Section 2.
Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

Bush will sign the Draft into law, if it passes Congress/Senate and will do so after the election.

After it's passed, I wouldn't be surprised if we get lots of Hippie Riots and what not. Should make the '60s look tame too.

It will make for something entertaining to watch on TV for a change

I wonder if this is true? - header - 04-22-2004

The sky is falling run for your lives!

I wonder if this is true? - madmick - 04-22-2004

Only after Chapelle gets one in the back of the head.

I wonder if this is true? - The Brain - 04-22-2004

Quote:Originally posted by madmick
Amendment XIII

Section 1.
Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

Section 2.
Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

Bush will sign the Draft into law, if it passes Congress/Senate and will do so after the election.

After it's passed, I wouldn't be surprised if we get lots of Hippie Riots and what not. Should make the '60s look tame too.
<b>Amendment II</b>
<i>A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. </i>

While we too often argue for the application of the "right to bear arms" at the <i>individual</i> level, we forget that it also grants the government the power to arm its citizens for the benefit and defense of the State (referring to the country as a whole).

In a time of peace, yes, the draft would in fact be unconstitutional. However, we are at war.

In this instance, the use of a draft in time of war would trump any theory of "slavery" or "involuntary servitude" found in the 13<sup>th</sup> Amendment, by virtue of the fact that citizens would be getting paid to defend their own freedom and the freedoms of the country, with the explicit understanding that such a militia would cease to exist once peace has been re-established.

I wonder if this is true? - Keyser Soze - 04-22-2004

tell that to the branch davidians