YourMomsBox!
Keyser Soze Vs. 60FeetUnderWater - Printable Version

+- YourMomsBox! (https://www.cdih.net/ymb)
+-- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Silera's Box (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Keyser Soze Vs. 60FeetUnderWater (/showthread.php?tid=2655)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Keyser Soze Vs. 60FeetUnderWater - Black Lazerus - 02-05-2004

Quote:Originally posted by Sloats
Quote:Originally posted by Black Lazerus
Quote:I like Rooner's DJ point. I'm stickin' with that.

and there is NO artistry in cover bands. none what so ever. just sayin'

I think you forgot the " in my opinion" on that.

Is a Xerox a painter? If a cover band tries to change things, that can be one thing. If a cover band tries to emulate/duplicate something else, that is something different.

Beatlemania = Entertainers, Musicans. Not Artists. Some would consider the experience of Beatlemania to be art, but then the Artist would be the organizer.

but he said DJ's are artists, and most just play records.

most cover bands have thier own songs to go along with the songs that they cover.

Keyser Soze Vs. 60FeetUnderWater - Rooner - 02-05-2004

most cover bands have thier own songs to go along with the songs that they cover.

Confusedhocked:

Most just play records?

Keyser Soze Vs. 60FeetUnderWater - Keyser Soze - 02-05-2004

last night a DJ saved my life.

Keyser Soze Vs. 60FeetUnderWater - Sloats - 02-05-2004

Quote:Originally posted by Sloats
Quote:I like Rooner's DJ point. I'm stickin' with that.

and there is NO artistry in cover bands. none what so ever. just sayin'

I think you forgot the " in my opinion" on that.

Is a Xerox a painter? If a cover band tries to change things, that can be one thing. If a cover band tries to emulate/duplicate something else, that is something different.

Beatlemania = Entertainers, Musicans. Not Artists. Some would consider the experience of Beatlemania to be art, but then the Artist would be the organizer.

Some consider the scratching and crossovers to be an artform. That being said, Carol Miller is NO ARTIST!

And Keyser, I would rather pay $5 to hear Seventh Son play for 2 hours with no light show, than pay $85+ to hear Maiden play for 45 minutes (with 4 minutes of talk between songs to change sets and backdrops).

Quote:Originally posted by Rooner

Yeah I am not saying just anyone can do what a DJ does. It takes a certain amount of skill to make the records flow in a continuous stream. But when it comes down to it they are just playing something someone else did , just like a cover band.

Confusedhocked:

Most just play records?

Yeah I am not saying just anyone can do what a DJ does. It takes a certain amount of skill to make the records flow in a continuous stream. But when it comes down to it they are just playing something someone else did , just like a cover band.

Keyser Soze Vs. 60FeetUnderWater - Keyser Soze - 02-05-2004

theres a certain amount of skill involved in learning to play and instrument even if you're playing someone elses music. i've seen some incredible hip hop DJs who i would consider both artists and musicians. rent SCRATCH if you don't believe me.

Quote:Originally posted by Keyser Soze
theres a certain amount of skill involved in learning to play and instrument even if you're playing someone elses music. i've seen some incredible hip hop DJs who i would consider both artists and musicians. rent SCRATCH if you don't believe me.

my point is not with you it's with 460 and his point saying that DJ's are artist and Cover bands are not.

Confusedhocked:

Most just play records?

Maybe I meant more of a producer, like the Neptunes, or Trackmasters, or people who make the beats. Are THEY artists?

Confusedhocked:

Most just play records?

Maybe I meant more of a producer, like the Neptunes, or Trackmasters, or people who make the beats. Are THEY artists?

yes!!

Thank you.