YourMomsBox!
A big HAHA to Blink! - Printable Version

+- YourMomsBox! (https://www.cdih.net/ymb)
+-- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Off-Topical (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: A big HAHA to Blink! (/showthread.php?tid=1361)

Pages: 1 2

A big HAHA to Blink! - BITENY - 09-10-2003

http://musicradio.computer.net/wwwboard/messages/212320.html

Posted by Allan Sniffen on September 10, 2003 at 08:59:38:

From what I'm hearing:

Steve Kingston didn't resign, Infinity is putting a nice spin on it. The station will go right at Lite FM. And Friday, Booker & Lopez along with the rest of the airstaff will be let go.

A couple of opinion comments:

While I'm no fan of Steve Kingston, I don't think it's fair to hang "Blink" on him. That came from far above on the Infinity Food Chain. He was stuck with trying to implement a questionable new format in a market that just plain didn't have an opening for another female oriented CHR. I don't think anyone was going to make that work.

If it turns out to be true that Infinity will do what it should have done in the first place--go after WLTW--that's certainly an endorsement for the many on this forum who argued for that right from the start.

And, finally, it also implies that Infinity now sees WCSB-FM for what it is... a station with a locked in audience that isn't likely to be expanded by playing "Whitney Houston" (or anything else). Rather than trying to fool with it in an effort to morph it into a WLTW competitor, this strategy implies they will just leave it alone and establish a new station to compete for the "Lite" music audience.

Stay tuned...

A big HAHA to Blink! - Six-Pack - 09-10-2003

Quote:Posted by Allan Sniffen

Some people just never learn.

A big HAHA to Blink! - WhiteFolks - 09-10-2003

Quote:Originally posted by Six-Pack

Isn't he a dentist or something, my tooth hurts.

A big HAHA to Blink! - IrishAlkey - 09-10-2003

Quote:Originally posted by Six-Pack

Ah-na-na... don't doubt Sniffster on this one. Bu-bye Blink.

A big HAHA to Blink! - 60FeetUnderWater - 09-10-2003

Blink NEVER had a chance.

good riddance awful format.

and now, the Lopez family will have two (TWO!!!) official has-beens.

Funny, I remember a time when the boys mentioned how NEW would sink like the Titanic (cue up C. Dion impersonations...) and how the station would become "Wnew-Lite"

The boys ALWAYS knew that the station would die after they left/were dropped...

A big HAHA to Blink! - BITENY - 09-10-2003

Quote:Originally posted by 60FeetUnderWater
Blink NEVER had a chance.

good riddance awful format.

and now, the Lopez family will have two (TWO!!!) official has-beens.

Funny, I remember a time when the boys mentioned how NEW would sink like the Titanic (cue up C. Dion impersonations...) and how the station would become \"Wnew-Lite\"

The boys ALWAYS knew that the station would die after they left/were dropped...

It will never be the same. And I doubt they'd say "I think we should bring back the all talk format w/O&A..."
Rolleyes

A big HAHA to Blink! - Canadian Tool - 09-11-2003

Infinity deserves it, the concept was a stupid idea.

fucking morons

A big HAHA to Blink! - JimmyBlueEyes - 09-11-2003

It's sad to see what was such a great radio station, even before the boys, go to complete shit. I think one of the funnier moments was Scott Muni playing really oddball shit, and trying to announce it with a straight face. What I would like to see is a return to the Old Q-104 days when they played nothing but hair bands and shit like that all day. Eddie Trunk kind of stuff all day. But that's probably to much to ask.

A big HAHA to Blink! - Jimbo - 09-11-2003

these kind of things, i'll just believe when i see it or actually HEAR it is more appropriate. lite fm would be more gooder than what it is now though.

A big HAHA to Blink! - Subzero316 - 09-11-2003

Bye-bye Blink :lol: