YourMomsBox!
"Playmakers" no more - Printable Version

+- YourMomsBox! (https://www.cdih.net/ymb)
+-- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Visual Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: "Playmakers" no more (/showthread.php?tid=2649)

\"Playmakers\" no more - Flock of Moosen - 02-04-2004

Visual Entertainment or ESPN Zone? Visual Entertainment or ESPN Zone?
Ah screw it! Technically it was a show about sports so this is good enough.

Did anyone watch that ESPN series "Playmakers" about the fictional football team making a run towards the playoffs? Well if you did and happened to like it, there's some bad news.
Apparantly under pressure directly from the NFL, the show has been cancelled after only one season.

This show was pretty damn good. Hell, it was much better than half of the crap on TV today. Now, all because the old, white, uptight NFL execs got a bug up their ass over what they claimed to be "unfair portrayals of their league and their players", ESPN pulled the plug.

Hopefully a station like HBO will pick this up in the near future, but until then it really sucks and it's all because the NFL refuses to accept the fact that what "Playmakers" showed is probably what really goes down every football season.

"Playmakers" gets sacked

\"Playmakers\" no more - Rooner - 02-04-2004

I miss 1st and 10.

\"Playmakers\" no more - Faceman - 02-04-2004

Delta Burke wasn't that bad looking back then. She was no Jamie Pressly but hey, who is?

\"Playmakers\" no more - Hasegawa - 02-04-2004

At least the DVD will be released soon. Why would the NFL get mad at the truth: drug addicted rookies, closet fags, quarterbacks who dip their pens in company ink...shall I continue??

\"Playmakers\" no more - Flock of Moosen - 02-04-2004

No need, that's exactly what I'm thinking.
Either the NFL "powers that be" are
A) Completely oblivious to what is really going on in the league, or
B) They are so embarrassed by the truth that they want it kept hushed up.

My bet is definitely B and it's sad that our entertainment is ruined because of it.

\"Playmakers\" no more - Hasegawa - 02-05-2004

One obvious reason why ESPN reacted so quickly by cancelling it was how well of a business partner the NFL is to ESPN. Though I would have liked them to call the NFL's bluff to see what would stir up between the two.

\"Playmakers\" no more - Sloats - 02-05-2004

I thought that the sensitive caring linebacker was a pill of shit, but the wife beater/violent spoiled bitchy wife, coked up kid giving all the passes, players treating 'tang and offspring like socks, owners focused on image only and the hell with any policy or creed,.... was right on. The only thing missing was the violent roid head ready to blow up (like in the Program).

Well, atleast I don't have to see white girls throwing themselves and black guys anymore.

\"Playmakers\" no more - Flock of Moosen - 02-06-2004

Quote:Originally posted by Sloats
I thought that the sensitive caring linebacker was a pill of shit

Yeah, I kinda hated that as well. I liked his character and all, but thought the portrayal was lame. They made him out to be too much of a pussy.