YourMomsBox!
Bars in NYC to close at 1:00am??? - Printable Version

+- YourMomsBox! (https://www.cdih.net/ymb)
+-- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Dive (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Bars in NYC to close at 1:00am??? (/showthread.php?tid=2652)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Bars in NYC to close at 1:00am??? - Silera - 02-05-2004

I think the proposal is great for the small bars that are actually worth going to.

Bars in NYC to close at 1:00am??? - tricia - 02-05-2004

Quote:Finally, if this basic \"curfew\" on bars is set at 1am now
i see what you're saying with that post brain, and yes i read it all in one go. but it's not really a curfew so much as a way to get more money out of the businesses, which kinda sucks. getting rid of the cabaret licence is a good thing, but i didn't know they even enforced that anymore. i'm sure this is going to cause a lot of places that weren't paying for a cabaret license to now have to pay for the nightlife license.

the 75 capacity isn't very big either. i didn't think the place i work at was all that big, but we can fit over 300 people in there, they often dance too but i'm pretty sure we don't have a cabaret license. i'm curious to know how loud 90 decibels is, and if when they say music being played, is it only djs and bands, or is it just having any music on at all?

The NYC website says 90 is like standing on a sidewalk by a passing heavy truck or bus.

That's pretty loud.

Bars in NYC to close at 1:00am??? - tricia - 02-05-2004

ok. so, is it 90 decibels inside? or what can be heard from outside? because it's definitely louder than a truck inside, but if you stand outside with the doors closed it's not all that loud at all.

i don't like the idea of more licensing requirements, but i'm hoping it's not quite the nazi crackdown that some people are expecting.

Bars in NYC to close at 1:00am??? - Rooner - 02-05-2004

Im upset I cant post in this thread anymore cause Sil posted in it and everyone know nothing I post is relevant to anything and she'll yell at me for going off topic and I dont like when Sil yells at me cause shes latin and they tend to get violent and carry razor blades in their mouths from a young age and she could do some real damage the muscle structure of my face if she were to slice me. So Ill shut up.

Bars in NYC to close at 1:00am??? - Black Lazerus - 02-05-2004

Quote:Originally posted by Silera
Quote:Originally posted by Black Lazerus
Quote:Originally posted by diceisgod
People that drastically edit their posts are cowards.

it was edited for me

I edited it to exclude the entire text of what you had linked, leaving a pertinent quote, and I stated exactly what I did in your post.

Quote:Last Edited by Black Lazerus on 2/4/2004 at 11:29 PM.

You deleted your post.

Yes I did.
The reason I posted the whole thing was that some people may not have acrobat.

I've accepted your ADD already Rooner.

LOOK a butterfly!

Bars in NYC to close at 1:00am??? - Sloats - 02-05-2004

What Butterfly?

[Image: ymbbox.jpg]