YourMomsBox!
Interest in a Pool Tournament - Printable Version

+- YourMomsBox! (https://www.cdih.net/ymb)
+-- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Off-Topical (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Interest in a Pool Tournament (/showthread.php?tid=3012)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Interest in a Pool Tournament - Flock of Moosen - 04-29-2004

Quote: \"Ball in hand\" means you are allowed to place the cue ball anywhere on the table (with the exception of fouls on the break which result in \"ball in hand\" behind the head string) and shoot any of your balls(or the 8, if all your category of balls has been pocketed.)

Wow, you learn something new every day. I always thought that 9 Ball was "ball in hand" anywhere on the table, while 8 Ball was always "ball in hand" behind the break line.
I've been playing it wrong all these years.

Interest in a Pool Tournament - Rooner - 04-29-2004

Quote:Originally posted by Flock of Moosen
Quote: \"Ball in hand\" means you are allowed to place the cue ball anywhere on the table (with the exception of fouls on the break which result in \"ball in hand\" behind the head string) and shoot any of your balls(or the 8, if all your category of balls has been pocketed.)

Wow, you learn something new every day. I always thought that 9 Ball was "ball in hand" anywhere on the table, while 8 Ball was always "ball in hand" behind the break line.
I've been playing it wrong all these years.

Thats the way we always played. But we always played "bar rules" so maybe that has something to do with it.

"Bar Rules" rule!

Interest in a Pool Tournament - IrishAlkey - 04-29-2004

What Flock described is the most accepted 'bar rules' form of pool.

APA rules give people who aren't as good as their opponent a chance to win since there's no calling of shots and, if you scratch, it's ball in hand anywhere on the table, except after a scratch on the break. Then it's behind the line...

Quote:Originally posted by IrishAlkey
What Flock described is the most accepted 'bar rules' form of pool.

APA rules give people who aren't as good as their opponent a chance to win since there's no calling of shots and, if you scratch, it's ball in hand anywhere on the table, except after a scratch on the break. Then it's behind the line...

My message to all of the participants.

[Ivan Drago]
I must break you.
[/Ivan Drago]

I'm really gonna' enjoy spending your money.

I demand Alkey gives me a piggy back ride around all the pool tables when I spank dat ass!

I'm off to go practice.

Quote:Originally posted by Rooner
My message to all of the participants.

[Ivan Drago]
I must break you.
[/Ivan Drago]

What happened to
[Bull Hurley]
I drive truck, break arms, and arm wrestle. It's what I love to do, it's what I do best.
[/Bull Hurley]?

Interest in a Pool Tournament - TheDude - 04-29-2004

Quote:Originally posted by IrishAlkey
I'm really gonna' enjoy spending your money.

Is that before or after 460 becomes the owner of this board?