YourMomsBox!
Clarett & Williams out for NFL Draft - Printable Version

+- YourMomsBox! (https://www.cdih.net/ymb)
+-- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Jock Itch (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Clarett & Williams out for NFL Draft (/showthread.php?tid=3070)

Clarett & Williams out for NFL Draft - Hasegawa - 04-20-2004

Appeals court rules in favor of NFL.

Clarett & Williams out for NFL Draft - Flock of Moosen - 04-20-2004

Jesus Christ, this is an on again, off again saga. Will someone just make up their minds and decide if he's in or out? It's not that fucking hard!

By the way, I'm for not allowing him in. Rules are rules and they aren't put in place just for the hell of it. I say deal with it and wait until you are eligible.

Clarett & Williams out for NFL Draft - The Man - 04-20-2004

rules that are bullshit should be overturned.

They are adults, they should be allowed to play. The teams would certainly draft them. It's not like there is any concern there.

The union is simply trying to help existing members by fucking anyone else.

There are two points that I see the NFL using to support this rule.

1. They can't handle the mental aspect of the game. Some of the best players in basketball and baseball were in the majors under twenty (Arod, Griffey in baseball and all the best basketball players besides Duncan pretty much skipped colllege alltogether. Hell Freddy Adu is 14 and is a pro. All three of those sports are more mentally challenging than football ("catch ball; run with ball")

2. They can't handle the physical demands of the sport. Football is way more physical and these kids can't possibly compete with the strength of men in their late 20s. Warrick Dunn is 180 pounds. Troy Brown is 5'10". Both Clarett and Williams are bigger than most of the people that they will be competing for playing time.

It's bullshit and the only reason this is being discussed is because unions, by definition suck ass.

Clarett & Williams out for NFL Draft - HedCold - 04-20-2004

i dont know if the union is that much to blame for this one. yea the agreed to the rule, but they also let williams sign paperwork to allow him to get endorsements that use team logos. sure it benefits them financially to do this, but if they had such a hard on for keeping up this rule i would think they wouldn't let him in the union.

i'd blame the league a lot more because they want to protect their free minor league system

Clarett & Williams out for NFL Draft - header - 04-20-2004

I was looking forward to Clarett getting his ass kicked too. Damn.

Does this mean they can return to college? Of course their will be more appeals.

Clarett & Williams out for NFL Draft - Rooner - 04-20-2004

I think its bullshit that he could even challenge the rule. Just because he screwed up and wasnt eligible to play for a year, means that he should be allowed to enter the NFL? What the fuck kind of message is that sending Galty? That you can be a big fuck up if youre a good football player, (doesnt that message get promoted enough?) because it doesnt matter if you fuck up your chances at a college, because as soon as you arent eligible, you can go and get paid. What a fucking great idea that is. Moron.

Well when he avoided the combine and talked to the press like he was the shit I was gearing up to watch him have his neck broken in week 1.

Clarett & Williams out for NFL Draft - Rooner - 04-20-2004

Quote:Originally posted by header
Well when he avoided the combine and talked to the press like he was the shit I was gearing up to watch him have his neck broken in week 1.

That was gonna be the one good thing that came out of this.

Maybe this will result in his ultimately never playing football again.