YourMomsBox!
Time to Get Serious-Army Report Details Iraqi Prisoner Abuse - Printable Version

+- YourMomsBox! (https://www.cdih.net/ymb)
+-- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Lets get Political....and stuff (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Time to Get Serious-Army Report Details Iraqi Prisoner Abuse (/showthread.php?tid=3168)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Time to Get Serious-Army Report Details Iraqi Prisoner Abuse - Rooner - 05-10-2004

I like teh EffinC.

Time to Get Serious-Army Report Details Iraqi Prisoner Abuse - header - 05-10-2004

Do you think the badseed soldiers in the prison just didn't get the memo? If that's the case, then I think they should go unpunished.

Time to Get Serious-Army Report Details Iraqi Prisoner Abuse - 60FeetUnderWater - 05-10-2004

All I want to know is this:

Did they or did they not order the Code Red??!

Time to Get Serious-Army Report Details Iraqi Prisoner Abuse - EffinC - 05-10-2004

Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have more responsibility here than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. I know deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you don't want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then question the manner in which I provide it. I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand to post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Time to Get Serious-Army Report Details Iraqi Prisoner Abuse - header - 05-10-2004

Yeah but how come the chick soldier involved in all this isn't all hot like Demi Moore in GI Jane?

Time to Get Serious-Army Report Details Iraqi Prisoner Abuse - Topper Harley - 05-10-2004

i honestly didn't even think it was a chick until I saw here name on the news.

Time to Get Serious-Army Report Details Iraqi Prisoner Abuse - The Man - 05-10-2004

What is your point? You've brought up the difficulty of war, and all the atrocities that the americans have seen and sleeping two hours a night and all. And how they are defending my right to have my father pay for me to go to frat parties? (you so totally have me pegged there)

Are you excusing or explaining what happened?

I don't get your point. You just seem to be ranting.

My point. It was bad; it shouldn't have happened, the people who did it should be prosecuted. You have said the same thing already in this thread.

I'm just saying that it shouldn't be such of a shock when something like this happens given the fact that the military/reserves is often a last resort or a move of desperation for those who need money, don't have the eductation or opportunity that many other do. Are you debating this point?

That mob mentality that fostered these acts is something that breeds in people without strength of character, intelligence, and social skills. Namely, the dumb, lazy, and ortherwise problem members of sociiety who aren't in jail -- a very similar population as those who enter the army due to lack of other options.

Where specifically am I ignorant? Where am I off in my assumptions? What are you disagreeing with?

Time to Get Serious-Army Report Details Iraqi Prisoner Abuse - Keyser Soze - 05-10-2004

i totally agree with effinC, the world needs ditch diggers too ya know?

Quote:Where specifically am I ignorant? Where am I off in my assumptions? What are you disagreeing with?

Maybe they think you are pegging all soldiers to that stereotype.

Time to Get Serious-Army Report Details Iraqi Prisoner Abuse - The Man - 05-10-2004

And that is why the first thing I admitted was that it was a sweeping generalization, thus negating their barbs.

However, like most generalizations/stereotypes, they're mostly true.