YourMomsBox!
Time to Get Serious-Army Report Details Iraqi Prisoner Abuse - Printable Version

+- YourMomsBox! (https://www.cdih.net/ymb)
+-- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Lets get Political....and stuff (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Time to Get Serious-Army Report Details Iraqi Prisoner Abuse (/showthread.php?tid=3168)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Time to Get Serious-Army Report Details Iraqi Prisoner Abuse - header - 05-10-2004

It honestly doesn't matter to me. What they did was wrong and should've been expected to some degree and looked out for. It is being dealt with as it should. Ditto ditto. I try to stay clear of generalizations but I'm not about to get wrapped up in such a pointless debate either.

Time to Get Serious-Army Report Details Iraqi Prisoner Abuse - The Man - 05-10-2004

yeah, spend more time on potato jokes or whatever other retarded excuse you few fools call content and less time on (pointless as it may be) political discussions of current events. That's what this board needs.

Time to Get Serious-Army Report Details Iraqi Prisoner Abuse - header - 05-10-2004

I was simply saying that I could get all angered about the generalization of the typical American soldier and waste my time arguing about how there are many soldiers that don't fit such a description. However, it would be pointless to get involved in such a thing when in the end we all seem to agree on the finer points of the topic.

Time to Get Serious-Army Report Details Iraqi Prisoner Abuse - Topper Harley - 05-10-2004

we're not doing potato jokes anymore, silly

Time to Get Serious-Army Report Details Iraqi Prisoner Abuse - EffinC - 05-10-2004

Stereo-types are hilarious, and true on some fronts. Don't get me wrong I'm nowhere near offended, I just think that you've made that sweeping generalization based on what YOU think.....not a conventional or universal opinion.

That's not really a stereotype, that's called being uneducated or ill advised on a subject, so you come out guns blazing based on personal opinion. That's fine too, I'm not an expert on anything......but I will absorb any piece of information on any topic so I can formulate my own conclusions, and lead off with them. If you think most people in the military are dumb, lazy and riding the wave of their last resort......fucking say so.

Don't hide behind the word "generalization", so you can wiggle around people calling you on what your thoughts are.

Time to Get Serious-Army Report Details Iraqi Prisoner Abuse - Keyser Soze - 05-10-2004

i definitely think its a last resort for many of them.

Time to Get Serious-Army Report Details Iraqi Prisoner Abuse - The Man - 05-10-2004

Quote:Originally posted by EffinC
If you think most people in the military are dumb, lazy and riding the wave of their last resort......fucking say so.

Don't hide behind the word \"generalization\", so you can wiggle around people calling you on what your thoughts are.

That's pretty much the text book definition of "generalization", stupid.

I think the majority of people who enter the military do so because they have few other options ahead of them, and not because they are John Wayne patriots. Those who have few other options, are essentially good people, but aren't that bright or driven (and can get caught up in the mob-mentality that we saw here), or are just bad people who want to kill people and break things (who would be the ones driving the type of anti-social torture/humiliation that occured).

Time to Get Serious-Army Report Details Iraqi Prisoner Abuse - Rooner - 05-10-2004

Micks are drunks

Spics like to fuck

Niggers are lazy

Italians are greasy

The French Stink

Soldiers are stupid

That everyone?

stereotypes exist because they are quite accurate. Deal with it.

Time to Get Serious-Army Report Details Iraqi Prisoner Abuse - Hawt Baux - 05-10-2004

You left out Indians, both those of the red faced and dotheaded persuasion.