YourMomsBox!
Clinton's portrait to be unveiled Monday, First by black artist - Printable Version

+- YourMomsBox! (https://www.cdih.net/ymb)
+-- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Lets get Political....and stuff (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Clinton's portrait to be unveiled Monday, First by black artist (/showthread.php?tid=3380)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Clinton\'s portrait to be unveiled Monday, First by black artist - TheDude - 06-14-2004

All I know is this, life was good when Clinton was in office... this being on many different levels...

Clinton\'s portrait to be unveiled Monday, First by black artist - Rooner - 06-14-2004

Quote:Originally posted by EffinC
Quote:when Clinton was in office or allies were not our enemies

That's because he didn't do --------------- ************ANYTHING************ <---------------- in response to terrorism.

You could say the same about the Bush administration prior to 9/11. Its easy to look back and make points.

Clinton\'s portrait to be unveiled Monday, First by black artist - Rooner - 06-14-2004

Quote:Originally posted by TheDude
All I know is this, life was good when Clinton was in office... this being on many different levels...

I concur.

Clinton\'s portrait to be unveiled Monday, First by black artist - header - 06-14-2004

The 9-11 commission will show that it was the fault of the Bush Administration, the Clinton Administration, the airlines, the FBI, CIA and other inelligence agencies. As much as the public hearings of the commission try to poin the blame at one person, their sole purpose is to find out all that went wrong so it doesn't happen again.

9-11 would have happened regardless of whether Bush won, GOre won or somehow Clinton stayed on for a third term. Whoever was in office would have dropped the ball.

Where it all differs from different administrations, i truly believe, if Gore were in office or if this happened when Clinton was in office we would have been attacked again shortly after maybe smaller scale maybe on the same scale.

It's remarkable what a crappy job Bush is doing, meanwhile, we haven't been attacked again on our own soil or on such a similar scale abroad. The fight is being kept where it belongs. In the Middle East.

Stick hundreds of thousands of troops in one giant chaotic nation that's where the terrorists will migrate to. Not exactly a great plan or not exactly planned. Either way it's better over there than here.

This all said, there will be another attack over here. It's only a matter of time. ANd it will happen regardless of who is the president or who is in charge of homeland security or the FBI or CIA. There's only so much shit you can stop from happening in such a free nation.

Im with ya header, nothing would have stopped 9/11. We couldnt fathom something on that scale. But I dont think it would of mattered who was president afer it, there wouldnt have been another attack regardless who was president. And youre right, we WILL be attacked again. You can guarantee it. Its a certainty. Its just going to be a way of life from now on. Get used to it. Israel has.

Clinton\'s portrait to be unveiled Monday, First by black artist - header - 06-14-2004

So Ariel Sharon's handling of terrorist attacks and his responses to them isn't a bad thing? Me confused?

Not speaking on policy, just the average everyday life of a person in Israel. People like you and me that cant control how our governments handle situations, but have to live with the results of their decisions.

But wouldn't Isreal be a bad analogy for your stance since Sharon strikes back often thus possibly forcing more palestinians to join the terrorists ranks? Or are you just conceding that we have no control over what our government does and we should just live with it?

Quote:Originally posted by header
But wouldn't Isreal be a bad analogy for your stance since Sharon strikes back often thus possibly forcing more palestinians to join the terrorists ranks? Or are you just conceding that we have no control over what our government does and we should just live with it?

Damn it header, Im just talking about the fact that the average Israeli lives with the fact that an attack is coming, sooner or later, its coming. THATS IT. Dont read anymore into it.

YOu took the fun out of this debate. I shall slay you!

(PS: I almost said "I shall slaw you!" Damn I'm hungry.)