YourMomsBox!
@ dah movies wit 420: "28 Days Later" - Printable Version

+- YourMomsBox! (https://www.cdih.net/ymb)
+-- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Visual Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/ymb/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: @ dah movies wit 420: "28 Days Later" (/showthread.php?tid=888)

Pages: 1 2

@ dah movies wit 420: \"28 Days Later\" - 60FeetUnderWater - 07-20-2003

*SPOILER ALERT!!!*

After seeing this film I've come to the the following conclusion:

"The scariest, most terrorifying films are the ones that require the least amount of suspension of belief from the viewer."

It's a tale of a few healthy humans, currently finding themselves on an entire island (aka - the U.K) that is infected with a virus only known as "rage". Just trying to get to civilization.

If it even exists.

To think that in some labratory, there could be an "experiment" going on, involving primates and such, and to have a scenario pan out where meddling tree huggers inadvertantly cause the gruesome horrible deaths of hundreds of thousands if not millions of people?

I don't know about you but holy kryst, that is a disturbing thought.

And think about how viciously and rapidly it must of spread, that "rage" virus. Towns worth of people, running out to other towns and just savagely killing and infecting ANYONE that was in their path.

Women...children...ANYONE.

Beautifully executed in conjuring up the creepiiness factor, a horrific scenario that is equally disturbing as it is intelligent. Few could argue that a film like this could not happen. We ain't talking about guys in masks or in nightmares (complete with cheesy one liners).

We're talking about an outbreak of an experimental virus so heinous, that it would result in man killing his own children and eachother with no regard or chance of a "truce".

A virus that does nothing but promote mindless, savage killing.

IMO, what is packaged as a horror film is actually a tale of the metamorphosis of a man by the name of Jim. A tale of the human instinct of survival, of the will to live.

Who saw it? What did you think? Could you see these themes?

Bottom line, what I REALLY want to know is this:

Did this movie creep you out or what?? :o

@ dah movies wit 420: \"28 Days Later\" - GreasyItalianPrincess - 07-20-2003

so, i guess you give this flick, 2 snaps up?

Tongue

@ dah movies wit 420: \"28 Days Later\" - 60FeetUnderWater - 07-20-2003

Quote:Originally posted by GreasyItalianPrincess

Tongue

no diz-oubt...fo' shizzle my nizzle. :nod:

@ dah movies wit 420: \"28 Days Later\" - Flock of Moosen - 07-21-2003

I didn't see it, but before it came out they had a 6 minute preview of the beginning of the movie available that I did watch.
Those 6 minutes alone freaked me out, especially when the monkey attacked the chick in the lab and she was spitting up that black shit.

I don't think this is a movie I'd ever plan on seeing, but I would like to know the ending 420. Care to help a brother out? Smile

@ dah movies wit 420: \"28 Days Later\" - Rooner - 07-21-2003

Quote:Originally posted by GreasyItalianPrincess

Tongue

Not only 2 snaps up, but around da world too!
[Image: ilc44f.jpg]

@ dah movies wit 420: \"28 Days Later\" - 60FeetUnderWater - 07-21-2003

I was looking for that pic!!! damn it!! :lol:

Flock - the ending?

rather than ruin it for some out there who may have not seen it yet, I'll just say that in the end, they find a way out. A more positive ending than not...

@ dah movies wit 420: \"28 Days Later\" - Milfa - 07-22-2003

I saw it because I love nothing more than a good blood and guts horror flick...then it went and got all psychologically mind fucking on me.. I'm still mildly annoyed that it made me have to think when I just wanted to go numb for awhile. Not a bad movie, just not what I was expecting.

@ dah movies wit 420: \"28 Days Later\" - 60FeetUnderWater - 07-22-2003

so, no "creep out" factor for you?

and also...

where did you find yourself "thinking"? at what point did things turn in that direction for you? just curious...

@ dah movies wit 420: \"28 Days Later\" - Hawt Baux - 07-22-2003

Quote:Originally posted by fhore twentee
where did you find yourself \"thinking\"? at what point did things turn in that direction for you? just curious...

I'm guessing when she ran out of popcorn.

ooooooooh! i DID just go there! :backflip:

@ dah movies wit 420: \"28 Days Later\" - 60FeetUnderWater - 07-24-2003

I just found out last night that starting tomorrow, 7/25, they are going to give the movie goer two (yes, TWO!!!) endings.

Just stay through the credits and be treated to the alternate ending.

Damn it, I went 1 week too early. I'm not paying just to see the ending. F dat S. :mad:

guess I'll see it on the DVD when they release it in like, 3 months.