Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
buying out my lease - refinancing my ride...
Quote:By using the term egocentric, I'm not saying that you are self centered, I'm just saying people tend to view things from their own perspective.

I appreciate the disclaimer.

I too try to look at things from multiple angles; from "half full" to "half empty" to "who really gives a fuck"...

It's just that when I'm in that dealership - it's game time for me... I can't allow these folks to lead me astray from my goal - buy a car at a FAIR price.

You have to be "self centered" in there otherwise, you buckle under thier tactics and you walk away thinking you got a great deal when in fact, you did not.

It's funny - everytime Jimmy got up to "discuss things with the boss" or "look into that for ya" I found myself, sitting at his desk, reminding myself to "keep the game face on"...

No mercy! No retreat! NO surrrender!

(whoa, got a lil' carried away there...)

anyhoo...basically, what I'm typing in here IS indeed "all about me", I know this. I'm typing and asking about what I should do and such...

This "buying a car" crap truely does stink though I must say. To think that this won't be the last time that I'll find myself "in the trenches" looking for a FAIR DEAL.

ECH.

During last nights' "negotiations", I said things to Jim like:

"Look, I know it's your job to sell me a car...I know YOU have bills to pay...but so do I."

"Awww...c'mon Jim...I know we can do better than $xxxxx, can't we?"

"Nope, stop it right there Jim - I told you, I am NOT going into another lease."

What I learned last night is this:

Buying a car is nothing more than a competiton on who can be the bigger prick to the other and STILL get what they want out of the negotiations...

You know, there should be a "Dealing with Car Salesmen For Dummies" book..

wait, does one exist? :o

[goes off to search the 'net...]

Messages In This Thread
buying out my lease - refinancing my ride... - by 60FeetUnderWater - 06-18-2003, 03:04 PM