Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
buying out my lease - refinancing my ride...
Quote:Originally posted by sweet angelCheck out edmunds.com, msn autos, kbb.com (kelly blue book) -- find out from them (impartial parties) what your car (and the alternate car you're looking at) goes for. Don't trust the dealer or the leasing company.

Oh, I have been - edmunds and KBB have been my best friends throughout this process. Also, CarBuyingtips.com and a couple of other random sites.

Quote:If it ends up that you walk away from this dealership (which sounds like a damn good idea), be prepared because you'll have to start all over again.

I've been to 2 dealerships already and looking at a third one this week. I knew that to find the best price, you're gonna have to go to more than 2 places....

And I did walk away ultimately - I wasn't going to give that prick the satisfaction of having my business again. Read ahead for details... Big Grin

Quote:One more piece of advice...if you come on too cocky or too strong, that may make the salesman try even harder to get over on you.

What kind of cars are we talking about here, anyway?

2003 Grand Am SE2. Valued at about $22,000 or so having the options and such that I'd want.

So - I went back to scumbag Jim, you know, the prick that tried to pull a fast one....

Well, after some negotiating with him and then one of the 3 owners, I got them to go down to $18000 and I STILL turned them down.

Just to piss them off. :bouncy: VENGANZA!

Also, knowing that I've yet to negotiate with Dealer #2 and also have yet to sit down with dealer #3 (who ALREADY is promising me that he'll beat ANY price AND will throw in a vacation package! :lol: ) ....

I know I'll be able to get that price (if not a better one) at one of these other 2 dealerships.

I basically used Jim and his scummy dealership to practice my negotiating skills. :nod:

From $22,000 $18000 in 1 and 1/2 hours. :backflip:

*pats self on back*

It was so priceless to see the look on Jims' face as I left and said "Well, I'll let you know by the end of the week if you guys won me over".

Messages In This Thread
buying out my lease - refinancing my ride... - by 60FeetUnderWater - 06-23-2003, 03:39 PM