Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Lakers=Yankees of basketball???
They win three straight NBA championships and just because they don't make it to the finals for the fourth straight time they have to go out into the free agent market and New York Yankee-it up? Three championships aren't enough for Shaq/Kobe/Phil's big ass ego's? They have to go and rip everybody else's chances of a championship next year away? 2 Hall of Famers in your starting lineup isn't enough? You need 4 just to get the job done?

Give some other teams a chance dammit. Stop using your money and star power(Kobe/Shaq) to draw hall of fame players to your team. Now I'm a hardcore Yankees fan but that is one thing I always hated about them, they used there money and name/star power to lure every single all-star player to there team in the offseason. Just get over it if you cant win a championship suck it up, train your players in the offseason, bring some up from the minor leagues, draft good players and try again next season. Stop robbing everybody else's chances of a NBA/MLB championship.

I don't mind if a team wins 8 championships in a row if they have drafted there key players or bought them up through a farm system (in baseball) and only bought in a couple expensive, all star, players over the years.

OK, im sick of ranting about nothing. In short, I hate the Lakers and there new signings. I hope Kobe goes to jail and that whale of a man Shaq gets something stuck in his blowhole and dies. Oh, and Karl Malone shouldn't be able to use Magic's retired number, despite what Magic says. He has AIDs and doesn't know what hes talking about.

Info on Malone's signing
Info on Payton's signing
ESPN's List of Most Star-Studded Teams
Good morning heartache, your like an old friend, come and see me again - Rancid

Life's a train i barely caught just to find out i ain't got the fare. -Bouncing Souls

"You are not alive yesterday, you are not alive tommorrow, but youre alive at the moment; if you can grab something for that moment...you have a chance." - Johnny X

Messages In This Thread
The Lakers=Yankees of basketball??? - by McNabbShouldDie - 07-11-2003, 07:44 AM
The Lakers=Yankees of basketball??? - by Rooner - 07-11-2003, 12:48 PM
The Lakers=Yankees of basketball??? - by Ronin - 07-11-2003, 02:50 PM
The Lakers=Yankees of basketball??? - by Six-Pack - 07-11-2003, 02:51 PM
The Lakers=Yankees of basketball??? - by Rooner - 07-11-2003, 02:52 PM
The Lakers=Yankees of basketball??? - by Ronin - 07-11-2003, 03:20 PM
The Lakers=Yankees of basketball??? - by Rooner - 07-11-2003, 03:27 PM
The Lakers=Yankees of basketball??? - by Ronin - 07-11-2003, 04:13 PM
The Lakers=Yankees of basketball??? - by Six-Pack - 07-11-2003, 04:34 PM
The Lakers=Yankees of basketball??? - by JJ - 07-12-2003, 05:06 PM