Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Threads moved from Off-Topical & other stupidity
Okay, for the record, I don't follow anyone. I form my own opinions by what I see and hear. I'm no puppet so let's get that straight off the bat.

You made this statement:
Quote: Per Alkey's statement to me: \"This board is about having fun\".

Yes, the board is supposed to be about fun. Otherwise why would any of us be here in the first place.
I found this statement though as well in another thread,
Quote: This isn't \"by the people, for the people\". And Alkey was the first to say that it isn't.

CDIH is by the people, for the people. That works for them and that's great. I have no problem with that.
YMB on the other hand is not, and was never intended to be that kind of board.

You say it's about the members, but that quote I put up clearly says to me it's not. Not that they aren't needed, but the fact that they aren't allowed to just run around and post anything they what whenever and wherever they want. If they did, there would be total chaos. Kinda like when Ken and SLASH went nuts in OT a few months back.

I fully agree with you when you say,
Quote: Mods and Admin have barely been adding to the board, and if they are, they've only been stirring up pot to their own devices, unless they are arguing with one another...or actually fighting with other drama based on another board.
and
Quote: Make clear sections, clear policy, and be conducive to all posting habits.

Those are both good points and 100% true in my opinion. I can't comment on whether or not the admins and mods made it clear to all of you what they expected on this board. I can only speak about what I was told this place was expected to be. So, I wonder to myself, why is it I was aware of this, but others claim they have no clue what the admins and mods wanted?

All I'm saying is there has to be a middle ground at some point. Everything needs to be put out on the table and CLEARLY specified.
Then those who still don't agree with the rules or refuse to accept any rules offered because they have a, to quote Alkey once more, "rage-against-the-machine" attitude can go to one of the many other boards operating that fit their posting styles. Those who don't have a problem with the way things are run here can stay and have fun.

That's all from me for now. My head hurts from all this thinking. Tongue
Just so you know GIP, I have nothing against you personally. Like you, when I feel strongly about something, I make my opinions known. Hope you don't take any of this as a personal attack bud. Smile
<center>[Image: FOM.jpg]</center>

Messages In This Thread
Threads moved from Off-Topical & other stupidity - by Ninny - 07-12-2003, 04:23 PM
Threads moved from Off-Topical & other stupidity - by Ninny - 07-12-2003, 04:28 PM
Threads moved from Off-Topical & other stupidity - by Ninny - 07-12-2003, 04:32 PM
Threads moved from Off-Topical & other stupidity - by Ninny - 07-12-2003, 04:39 PM
Threads moved from Off-Topical & other stupidity - by Flock of Moosen - 07-13-2003, 06:49 AM
Threads moved from Off-Topical & other stupidity - by Ninny - 07-14-2003, 12:04 AM
Threads moved from Off-Topical & other stupidity - by Ninny - 07-14-2003, 02:42 AM
Threads moved from Off-Topical & other stupidity - by Ninny - 07-14-2003, 03:10 AM
Threads moved from Off-Topical & other stupidity - by Ninny - 07-14-2003, 06:07 AM
Threads moved from Off-Topical & other stupidity - by Ninny - 07-14-2003, 06:18 AM
Threads moved from Off-Topical & other stupidity - by Ninny - 07-14-2003, 06:38 AM
Threads moved from Off-Topical & other stupidity - by Ninny - 07-14-2003, 06:44 AM
Threads moved from Off-Topical & other stupidity - by Ninny - 07-14-2003, 06:50 AM
Threads moved from Off-Topical & other stupidity - by Ninny - 07-14-2003, 07:01 AM