Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pete Rose on Trial
Did anyone happen to catch this crap on ESPN the other night? For those who don't know ESPN had this mock trial complete with fake courtroom and all. They also had Johnny Cochran (Defense) and Alan Dershowitz (Prosecutor) as the lawyers. First OJ, now this. Rolleyes

Basically all it was this fake trial on whether or not Pete Rose should be admitted into the Hall of Fame. I couldn't watch more than 5-10 minutes of it because it was so stupid. I'm sitting there thinking Pete Rose is probably watching this saying, "Give it a fucking rest already!"

How many times do they have to drag up this story which happened like 15 yrs. ago? People won't even be talking about this latest war in Iraq in 15 yrs.

I don't recall the exact details of this gambling mess, but my feelings are this. If he did bet on his own team to lose, then I fully agree he should be banned for life. Now, if he bet on other teams or even bet on his own team to win, then I see no problem with it.
Now, you may ask what is the difference between betting on your team losing or winning. The reasoning behind it is this, he could have easily thrown games but it is much harder to guarantee victory.

So, bottom line is this, if he did bet on his own team to lose then end of story, he's banned for life. If it was on other teams or his own team winning, end the bullshit and let the fucking guy in the Hall.

What are your feelings on Pete Rose?
<center>[Image: FOM.jpg]</center>

Messages In This Thread
Pete Rose on Trial - by Flock of Moosen - 07-20-2003, 12:24 AM
Pete Rose on Trial - by The Brain - 07-20-2003, 02:22 AM
Pete Rose on Trial - by JimmyBlueEyes - 07-20-2003, 07:02 AM
Pete Rose on Trial - by The Brain - 07-20-2003, 05:14 PM
Pete Rose on Trial - by Flock of Moosen - 07-21-2003, 05:36 AM
Pete Rose on Trial - by 60FeetUnderWater - 07-22-2003, 01:32 AM
Pete Rose on Trial - by The Brain - 07-22-2003, 01:58 AM
Pete Rose on Trial - by 60FeetUnderWater - 07-22-2003, 02:13 AM