Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best and Worst...
Quote:Originally posted by header
Maybe I'm just a happy go lucky guy or some shit but regardless of how much I hate a particular job while I'm doing it I always look back on each of them with a feeling of nostalgia.

Light industrial temp work was cool. Going from warehouse to warehouse doing anything from janitorial to building racks and conveyor components was cool because it was more or less a layed back atmosphere. If you wanted to take a day off you did so and came back in the next day no questions asked. I made anywhere from minumum wage to 7/hour.

Another minimum wage job was picking cantaloupes. Getting up at 6am was a bitch on summer vacation but we worked for 6 hours and I got home before most of my friend's days were getting started. And we got paid daily which always rocks.

Working at a Dairy Queen flipping burgers for a high and mighty born again christian bitch sucked ass but I can't even look down on that job because it is where I later met my wife. And free food when youre in college is always a plus.

Warehouse security was a cake job feeding my glutony. I worked the late shift when there were little to no workers in the building so I Just watched the cameras all night. The only downfall was the fucking polyester uniform.

I sold credit card insurance (what a scam) at a little call center. It was all incoming calls though so you didn't have to piss people off at dinner which is a plus. Once they switched me to outbound calling I quit and a week or two later my uncle hired me as a paralegal.

This job has it low points but all in all it's pretty cool. I'm sure I'll be bitching about it in a couple months again but that's just what I do.

I would have to say that my favorite out of all of those would be the telemarketing though. I was big into trying to get a radio gig (before I started a family working for peanuts moving from city to city seemed like an OK idea) That job helped me become a more effective talker (since then it has all gone to shit and I've begun stuttering or stammering lately). Mostly I digged it because it was a slow paced atmosphere where you could sit around and talk to the people around you in between calls. Made a lot of good friends.

If you made it this far I commend you. I feel if I go back and read this again I will fall asleep listening to myself. :disappointed:

I didn't know mods could take over someones account. 60, give header back his account.
[Image: carrottop-19200.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Best and Worst... - by JimmyBlueEyes - 04-13-2004, 04:27 AM
Best and Worst... - by Hasegawa - 04-13-2004, 05:33 AM
Best and Worst... - by dru - 04-13-2004, 05:42 AM
Best and Worst... - by BITENY - 04-13-2004, 07:23 AM
Best and Worst... - by header - 04-13-2004, 11:37 AM
Best and Worst... - by Rooner - 04-13-2004, 12:04 PM
Best and Worst... - by Topper Harley - 04-13-2004, 12:08 PM
Best and Worst... - by diceisgod - 04-13-2004, 10:35 PM
Best and Worst... - by reefdwella - 04-15-2004, 12:44 AM
Best and Worst... - by Toronto Hottie - 04-15-2004, 12:56 AM