Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New York Mets 2003 Season Thread: The Funeral Procession continues...
Its May 3rd, and the season seems like its over. I dont know how we can get rid of some of these guys, or who would want them, but this is what i would do.

1. Trade Piazza. As much as i like the guy (he is my favorite Met), we have a shitload of catchers in the minors, and Vance Wilson could start for at least half the teams in this league. Trade Piazza now while you can still get some value for him, a couple of prospects and a mid-level star that plays good defense.

2. Trade Alomar. This is the reincarnation of Carlos Baerga. We mustve done something to piss the Indians off, because this is the 2nd all star 2nd baseman that weve gotten from them that disintegrated with us. I hate Alomar with a passion.

3. Bench Vaughn and Cedeno, and start Clark and Timo. And as long as Burnitz is out, keep Shinjo in there too. FLoyd is a liability in the OF too, but his bat is too good to have him sit down. I know this will never happen, since Vaughn and Cedeno are holding the Mets ransom for their money, and you cant bench big money players, its one of those unwritten rules that suck ass.

4. Move to the AL. They have 4 DH's on the damn team, only problem is that there is no DH in the NL.

5. FIRE STEVE PHILLIPS!! Guess it wasnt Bobby V's fault at all huh. By the way, Bobby V on Baseball Tonight kicks some serious ass.

These are just things i want to happen, they obviously wont though. GO METS!!!
[Image: clusterf.gif]

Messages In This Thread
New York Mets 2003 Season Thread: The Funeral Procession continues... - by Cluster F - 05-04-2003, 04:05 AM