Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Hello, 911, I think someone's breaking into my house... Hello?" ... "ZZZZZZzzzzZZZZZ"
Quote:Originally posted by dru
don't forget about the 4 teens who drowned off the coast of city island last year (or was it the year before) because the cell phone cut out as one of them was saying they were \"off the coast of city I...\"

didn't the dispatcher dismiss the call & no one went looking for the 4 boys until hours later.

If I remember correctly, the operator who took the call didn't handle it properly because she had no clue about the geography of the city in which she protects. She passed it on to her supervisor who took no action instead of notifying NYPD Harbor or FDNY. He got charges, she got a letter of reprimand. There were lawsuits filed and the kids floated up within a few weeks. I'm trying to find the thread. It almost happened again a few months back, but some heads up dispatching by yours truly and some of his colleagues helped save the lives of two children who wandered out on the ice off of Co Op City...I tried finding the thread I started about it, but I think it disappeared in one of the hackings. Personally this guy should get at least a thirty day rip(loss of pay) for that.
I'm not quite there yet
[Image: Riptide.jpg]
Believe the Hype, Bitch!!!!

Messages In This Thread
\"Hello, 911, I think someone\'s breaking into my house... Hello?\" ... \"ZZZZZZzzzzZZZZZ\" - by JimmyBlueEyes - 08-08-2004, 08:50 PM