Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NWA-TNA: I don't get it
Well, not only don't I get it where I live, I also don't get it in the sense of understanding it.

I try to keep up with it by reading results so the wrestlers seem familiar to me, but that said the results are confusing the hell out of me.

I can see the appeal of the standard face vs heel match as well as the face vs face match, but all these results I'm reading are having heel vs heel. In case Jarrett wasn't paying attention during his years with WCW and the WWF, people don't get into heel vs heel matches. Imagine having to sit through an A-Train vs Big Show match. :barf:

Anyway, here's what I'm getting at. Over in NWA-TNA you've got the Disciples of the New Church (heels) battling both Team Extreme (heels) and also the Harris Brothers (heels). Then there is the enigma known as Jeff Jarrett (face or heel?) No one seems to have an exact grasp as to which he is. Some have said he is a bad babyface like Austin was, yet even Austin with his bad babyface persona didn't really wrestle the faces. Right now Jarrett is involved in a feud with Raven (heel) so that should make him a face, but in the past he fluctuated back and forth.

I'm just curious, what's the deal with this federation? Do they even have a clue that they are doing this and for those who get to watch it, are the fans into all this heel vs heel action?
<center>[Image: FOM.jpg]</center>
I just can't get past the J-E-Double F-Ha ha, J-A-Double R,E-Double T. That and the flashing lights on his outfit. Heel or not, the guy's a fuckin tool.

Doesn't Jarrett actually own them?? He's probably trying to do something he thinks will work, not really caring if it didn't work before with Mc Mahon.
I'm not quite there yet
[Image: Riptide.jpg]
Believe the Hype, Bitch!!!!
Quote:Originally posted by JimmyBlueEyesDoesn't Jarrett actually own them?? He's probably trying to do something he thinks will work, not really caring if it didn't work before with Mc Mahon.
Yes, it's owned by Jeff and his father I believe.

Hmmmm, I wonder why he's their champ? Rolleyes
Would explain a lot though.
I'm not quite there yet
[Image: Riptide.jpg]
Believe the Hype, Bitch!!!!
Quote:Originally posted by Flock of Moosen

It's only slightly less honest than being the champ because you're screwing the boss' daughter, who just happens to be one of the members of the "creative team."

But I digress... :grin2:
Quote:Originally posted by HydratedPeach

It's only slightly less honest than being the champ because you're screwing the boss' daughter, who just happens to be one of the members of the "creative team."

But I digress... :grin2:
Touche! :nod:
Quote:Originally posted by JimmyBlueEyesDoesn't Jarrett actually own them?? He's probably trying to do something he thinks will work, not really caring if it didn't work before with Mc Mahon.

Actually it's no longer owned (least not 100%) by the Jarretts, if it was they'd have run out of money a few months ago. The Panda investment group bought the promotion, and are the ones funding it now.
[Image: Jailbaitsig.jpg]
Quote:Originally posted by Canadian Tool
Actually it's no longer owned (least not 100%) by the Jarretts, if it was they'd have run out of money a few months ago. The Panda investment group bought the promotion, and are the ones funding it now.

So, you mean the WWF owns it now? Wink

I dunno, it is and isn't true. WCW (well, okay, Vince Russo) had faith in him.

He's got ability, sure, but I've never seen him as a main eventer. Tagging with Owen though? That was pretty damn cool, if you ask me. But main event? He's just not that caliber, but he THINKS he is.

I mean come on, apart from the fact that the country singer aspirations are gone, and he uses the guitar for nothing more than hitting people anymore, he's been the same basic fucking character for 10 years. A pissed off redneck... and not in that neato Stone Cold kinda way.
&lt;center&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;http://www.yourmomsbox.net/ftl/ftl-oldtimey.gif&quot;&gt;&lt;/center&gt;

So, you mean the WWF owns it now? Wink

Exactly :lol:
[Image: Jailbaitsig.jpg]