Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Episcopal Church elects first openly gay Bishop
Sorry Hottie Church elects gay bishop
What makes me scratch my head is, if homosexuality is not allowed according to most Christian teachings, how can someone who is openly gay be a bishop??
I'm not quite there yet
[Image: Riptide.jpg]
Believe the Hype, Bitch!!!!
Quote:Originally posted by JimmyBlueEyes
Sorry Hottie Church elects gay bishop
What makes me scratch my head is, if homosexuality is not allowed according to most Christian teachings, how can someone who is openly gay be a bishop??
I thought the same thing at first until I heard he was Episcopalian (sp?)
I'm not even sure what that is exactly, but I'm assuming they don't feel the same way as Christians do.
<center>[Image: FOM.jpg]</center>
I remember a stand up bit a number of years ago. Episcopals are like Catholic Light, 1/3 less guilt.
I'm not quite there yet
I thought that was protestant??
&lt;center&gt;&lt;img src=http://scripts.cgispy.com/image.cgi?u=wankfellow&gt;&lt;/center&gt;
I believe it is Protestant but the comic likened it to Catholic light.
I'm not quite there yet
Episopalian=Anglican=English church created so Henry 8 could divorce his wife. Their priests are allowed to marry, molesting boys is discouraged, and no one has to answer to the pope.
It's all a part of my secret evil plan, pal. Just watch.
Quote:Originally posted by ResidualBitterness
Episopalian=Anglican=English church created so Henry 8 could divorce his wife. Their priests are allowed to marry, molesting boys is discouraged, and no one has to answer to the pope.
Yup, not Catholic. Tongue

That sums it up. I grew up Episcopal and was baptized and confirmed in that church. It's the same as Catholic but there's no confession, no worship of Mary, priests can marry and no pope.

However, members started leaving our church up to 5 years ago just because they were TALKING about electing a gay bishop. People are VERY unhappy about this decision.
&lt;IMG SRC=&quot;http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/aggie2323/me.jpg&quot;&gt;

~Courtesy of the poster that everyone loves to hate~
Quote:Originally posted by WiggerCunt

That sums it up. I grew up Episcopal and was baptized and confirmed in that church. It's the same as Catholic but there's no confession, no worship of Mary, priests can marry and no pope.
Sorry, I just found this funny.
It's the same as being Catholic, yet you took away four main things of the Catholic belief.

So, wouldn't that in turn make it, not like Catholic? :confused:
I see what you're saying, but it's the easiest way to explain it. Usually people don't want a drawn out explanation.

The actual church service on Sundays is almost identical to Catholics with the same format and some same prayers. There is also communion every week and infant baptism and confirmation in junior high. I could continue but I think you get the point.

I believe the differences have grown since Henry VIII started it, but when he split the church the only difference was divorce was allowed.
&lt;IMG SRC=&quot;http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/aggie2323/me.jpg&quot;&gt;

~Courtesy of the poster that everyone loves to hate~