Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Almost everything about almost everyone
Not sure if you've all seen this yet, but someone sent me this site the other day which is pretty cool. It has info and pictures of just about any wrestler you can think of.

Obsessed With Wrestling
<center>[Image: FOM.jpg]</center>
Not bad...

I could think of a shitload of wrestlers they missed (and I don't mean just $50 a night indy guys), and they could learn a thing or two about alphabetical order (Hart before Harley???).

Still, for what looks like a IMDB for wrestling, it's a real good start. Nice find.
Cool, nice find
&lt;img src=&quot;http://www.cybercombatclub.com/jeux_videos_consoles_repertoire/mortal_kombat/mortalkombat_images_galleries_mortal_kombat/mortal_kombat_wallpapers1small.jpg&quot;&gt;
Mortal Kombat Grand Champion
They don't even have El Santo listed. If that's not wrong, nothing is....

(El Hijo del Santo isn't listed either)
it was pretty interesting....funny seeing some of the gimmicks some of these guys had.
I'm not quite there yet
[Image: Riptide.jpg]
Believe the Hype, Bitch!!!!
Quote:[i]and they could learn a thing or two about alphabetical order (Hart before Harley???).

Just look at the address. Freaking Canadians.
&lt;center&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;http://img13.photobucket.com/albums/v39/Garyo/hollywood_Fin.gif&quot;&gt;&lt;/center&gt;
Quote:Originally posted by SO
They don't even have El Santo listed. If that's not wrong, nothing is....

(El Hijo del Santo isn't listed either)
I don't know much about that part of wrestling, but could he possibly be listed under another name?
<center>[Image: FOM.jpg]</center>
Quote:Originally posted by Flock of Moosen

I don't know much about that part of wrestling, but could he possibly be listed under another name?
Nah, he's just not there. Foreign wrestlers, and especially Luchadores, are really underrepresented.

To put it in perspective, El Santo was not only the most famous Luchador of all time, but he was also a movie star in Mexico and considered a national hero. He is to Mexico somewhat like what Muhammed Ali is to the US (since there are no wrestlers here who really compare. Hogan would be closest, but Ali's closer.)In their defense, information on Lucha pre-1990 is difficult to come by, and title histories - which they seem to be very thorough about - are probably nearly impossible.

Like I said though, I really like the idea of an Internet Wrestling Database of sorts, and think they're off to a nice start.

EDIT: Actually, I just noticed the links at the top of their page. The page on Mexican Wreslers does have him listed under Legends, he just doesn't have a bio/history/gallery page.