Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frank Caliendo joins Fox Pre-game show
This is great for Frank, getting to do his Madden impersonation in front of a national audience. Hopefully, they'll let him do more than that during the segment. Him doing the impersonation will be hysterical in week 1, but by week 16.....

From Zap2it.com
Quote:LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Frank Caliendo, a stand-up comedian and regular on FOX's \"MADtv,\" will join \"FOX NFL Sunday\" in the spot vacated by Jimmy Kimmel. Caliendo joins Terry Bradshaw, James Brown, Howie Long, Jimmy Johnson and Jillian Barberie as regulars on the long-running pregame show.

Caliendo joined \"MADtv\" in 2001 and is best known for his impressions, particularly of John Madden, a former FOX NFL analyst. The comic has appeared on \"FOX NFL Sunday\" on several occasions in his Madden guise. His official role on the show is that of \"game prognosticator,\" a job that encompasses both laughs and football picks.

\"Frank's humor, combined with his hilarious celebrity impersonations, makes him the right choice to make our comedic picks,\" says Scott Ackerson, the show's coordinating producer. \"Our simple goal with this segment has always been to provide our viewers with a few laughs before watching a day of NFL football, and Frank is someone who can certainly do that.\"

Caliendo, a graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, began on The WB's \"Hype,\" and has appeared on Comedy Central's \"Premium Blend\" as well as in late-night slots opposite Craig Kilborn and Conan O'Brien.
\"Most people in a situation like this say they have big shoes to fill,\" Caliendo says of replacing Kimmel. \"In this case, Bradshaw told me that I only have a big mouth to fill.\"
Here's a guy that when he gets a solid job opportunity and way to advance his career, he takes it!
Quote:Originally posted by 60FeetUnderWater
Here's a guy that when he gets a solid job opportunity and way to advance his career, he takes it!

lol nice one. As much as i hate that Kimmel left because he got his own show on ABC, i am kinda happy for Frank. I cant wai to watch tomorrow.