Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oscar De La Hoya - crybaby or justified?
I didn't see the fight Saturday night between Oscar De La Hoya and Shane Mosley, but from what I've been reading De La Hoya clearly won that fight and was robbed by the judges.
Now Oscar is planning on having an investigation done to look into why.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/news/2003/0914/1615923.html

My question is this, do you feel he is justified in launching an investigation or is he just a crybaby that can't accept that he lost?
I can't say at this point since I didn't actually see the fight, but I plan on watching it this weekend to see for myself who is right.
<center>[Image: FOM.jpg]</center>
Oscar did NOT win that fight and has no right crying about this. His face looked like he dived facefirst in a pool of bricks, and Shane landed more power punches than De La Hoya, we was beaten by a better fighter, period.
&lt;!-- Start CGISpy.com Random Image Code --&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;http://scripts.cgispy.com/image.cgi?u=DynamiteK&quot;&gt;&lt;br&gt;
&lt;!-- End CGISpy.com Random Image Code --&gt;
Take the loss and quit yer bitching. You lose respect by not taking the beating like a man.
I'm not quite there yet
[Image: Riptide.jpg]
Believe the Hype, Bitch!!!!
De La Hoya is a whiny little bitch, you lost twice, now shut the fuck up and move on with that shitty thing you call a career.
Quote:Originally posted by Hasegawa
Oscar did NOT win that fight and has no right crying about this. His face looked like he dived facefirst in a pool of bricks,

Yeah, and that was from a headbutt, which doesn't count on a scorecard. I watched the fight, and Oscar was ripped off in my opinion. Oscar landed 100 + more punches than Mosley did. Power shots or not, thats still alone should have won him the fight.
[Image: Jailbaitsig.jpg]
Well, I finally got to watch this fight and even though I do believe De La Hoya won, any investigation would be absurd.
The fight was clearly too close to call and it really could have gone either way. If it were a clear cut victory, then I'd say yeah he would be right to complain, but not in this case.

Another bout that happened Saturday night is another story. After they showed the replay of De La Hoya - Mosley, they had a fight between Chris Byrd and Fres Oquendo for one of the insignificant Heavyweight belts.
This time this Oquendo guy clearly did win the fight, but once again the "blind" judges ruled unanimously in favor of Byrd. Hell, one judge even scored it 117-111 which breaks down to 9 rounds to 3. That indicates a complete domination by one fighter over the other and it clearly was not the case here.

Something has got to be done real soon about the sport of boxing. It's already in a sad state and has been for a while, but if these questionable outcomes become more and more frequent, it may totally destroy this sport. Sad
<center>[Image: FOM.jpg]</center>