Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ULTIMATE O&A LOST FILE THREAD
:if someone could make this sticky, i'd appreciate it:

Well the time has come. You've asked for the impossible, and we have over come. Sblueman, myself, and someone who shall be known as 'Mr. Crappy Cellphone Guy', have pooled our resources and in the course of many days, will be delivering things you could only wish for.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we proudly present to you, what could possibly be THE most saught-after O&A audio............

EVER!

Take a listen to...

THE FIRST OPIE AND ANTHONY SHOW ON WNEW

Available via the Robification FTP in the ULTIMATE O&A section.

NOTES:

Airdate: 06/26/98
Keep in mind they played a LOT of music back then. So the whole show is scoped down (commercial/music free) to 36 mins.

Enjoy. More to come!
"...But That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong. Ok, Terrific!"<br>

[Image: td2mtextbox.gif]
Now Available on the Robification FTP in the Ultimate O&A section:

Opie & Anthony's 2nd WNEW SHOW

NOTES:
Airdate: [06-27-98]
Time: 39:16

To answer all the questions of why they're so short. Why phone calls, commercials, and music are cut. Back in the day, they played a LOT of music during thier shifts when WNEW was the 'ROCK OF NEW YORK'. Commercials and music were cut to save time because no one listens to that anyway.

As for the phone calls, it seems MGT at WNEW wouldnt let them take live callers. They had to prerecord the calls during music and commerical breaks. Now, in radio studios, they have a machine that let's you record the feed coming directly out of the radio console in the studio. The thing is, it only starts/stops recording as the mics are turned on and off. So if they turned the mics off during a prerecorded call being played? It didnt get on the tapes anyway.

Sorry. I cut out as much of the garbage as possible, and tried to leave in EVERYTHING relevant. Enjoy.
"...But That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong. Ok, Terrific!"<br>

Very cool. Thanks a lot guys. Smile
<center>[Image: FOM.jpg]</center>
Now Available on the Robification FTP in the Ultimate O&A section:

NEW 'OLD' SHOWS
O&A 07-21-1998.mp3
O&A 07-22-1998.mp3
O&A 07-23-1998.mp3

CLICK HERE TO GO CRAZY! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
&quot;...But That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong. Ok, Terrific!&quot;&lt;br&gt;

Very Nice, thanx guys.
I'm not quite there yet
[Image: Riptide.jpg]
Believe the Hype, Bitch!!!!
AVAILABLE ON THE FTPS

Will be uploaded this afternoon:

WNEW SHOWS
07-28-03
07-29-03
07-30-03

Enjoy
&quot;...But That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong. Ok, Terrific!&quot;&lt;br&gt;

CORRECTION

1. I meant to list the files in the year of 1998 not 2003.
2. The 07-30-98 is NOT 9 mins long, the upload messed up. I corrected the file in ROBIFICATIONS public folder. All listeners and FTP guys, please down load it there.
3. The 07-28-03 was 42mb because i encoded it as 192, not 24. That will also be corrected.

I appologize for the mess up.

AVAILABLE ON THE FTPS

Should be up in the morning.

WNEW SHOWS
07-31-98 (features NICK DIPAOLO in studio)
08-03-98

AVAILABLE ON THE FTPS

Should be up in the morning.

WNEW SHOWS

08-06-98 (includes Semisonic live in studio)
08-10-98 (Feat Opie's Mom on the show)
08-14-98
08-18-98 (incluedes STEVE MASON (former WNEW morning guy MASON AND KILINSKY) sits in as a "listener" to defend Pres. Clinton)

AVAILABLE ON THE FTPS

WNEW SHOWS

08-24-98
08-26-98
08-28-98

Enjoy. God I havent slept in days.