Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great news for hardcore NFL fans!
If any hardcore NFL fans have been dying to see some rebroadcasts of NFL games, the NFL Network (Channel 212 on DirecTV) will start a new series on Monday Nights replaying memorable games from 1998-2002. Hopefully this will open the door for them to replay some real classic NFL games (like the '82 Chargers vs Dolphins playoff game, the '86 Broncos vs Browns playoff game, etc.). Just one more reason to get DirecTV.

NFL Network announces rebroadcasts of classic NFL games

Quote:NFL Network to re-air classic games

Series premieres Monday, April 5 with 2002 Bills/Vikings overtime shootout

NEW YORK (March 29, 2004) -- For the first time ever on cable and satellite, NFL Network will begin airing NFL Replay, a new series airing on Monday nights that will re-broadcast two-hour versions of network television's coverage of memorable regular season games -- complete with the original network footage, graphics and play-by-play commentary.

The premiere episode of NFL Replay debuts on Monday, April 5 at 8 p.m. (ET/PT) and showcases the Bills/Vikings game from Week 2 of the 2002 NFL season. Bills quarterback Drew Bledsoe set personal passing records in this overtime shootout against Randy Moss's Minnesota Vikings. NFL Replay airs Mondays at 8 p.m. (ET/PT).

\"NFL Network's reason for being is to produce shows our fans want to see and they have an incredible hunger for this type of programming,\" said NFL Network President and CEO Steve Bornstein. \"Since we launched in November, we have received letters, phone calls and e-mails from fans requesting this type of series more than anything else.\"

For its first season, NFL Network selected games won in the closing moments or in overtime and will initially feature Sunday afternoon network regular-season games from 1998 through 2002.

\"Between this program and our Game of the Week series, fans will get access to the most memorable NFL games only on NFL Network,\" said Charles Coplin, NFL Network vice president of programming.

NFL Network is carried on DIRECTV's basic service that is seen in more than 12.2 million homes on Channel 212, and is also available on Voom's satellite service on Channel 312 as well as on cable via Charter Communications and Insight Communications. To get NFL Network, call 866-NFL-NETWORK.

NFL Network airs seven days a week, 24 hours a day on a year-round basis and is the first television network fully dedicated to the NFL and the sport of football. For more information, log onto www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/home.

NFL Replay schedule for April/May
Monday 4/5 at 8 p.m. ET/PT -- BILLS vs. VIKINGS (9/15/02)
In only his second game with the Bills, Drew Bledsoe set personal passing records in this overtime shootout against Daunte Culpepper, Randy Moss and the Vikings.

Monday 4/12 at 8 p.m. ET/PT -- CHIEFS vs. BROWNS (9/8/02)
The opening game of the 2002 season saw Priest Holmes and the Chiefs take on the Browns in a game that featured a 35-point fourth quarter and nine lead changes.

Monday 4/19 at 8 p.m. ET/PT -- GIANTS vs. COWBOYS (11/4/01)
Kerry Collins rallies the Giants from a 17-point halftime deficit to even the score with the Cowboys entering the fourth quarter in this NFC East clash that would be decided in overtime.

Monday 4/26 at 8 p.m. ET/PT -- RAVENS vs. JAGUARS (9/10/00)
Jaguars receiver Jimmy Smith caught three touchdowns and Ravens quarterback Tony Banks threw five touchdowns in this high-scoring contest decided on one of the game's final plays.

Sunday 5/2 at 1 p.m. ET -- RAMS vs. SEAHAWKS (9/10/00)
Quarterbacks Jon Kitna (Seahawks) and Kurt Warner (Rams) passed for a combined 631 yards in a game that would be decided late in the fourth quarter.

Monday 5/3 at 8 p.m. ET/PT -- 49ers vs. JETS (9/6/98)
Quarterbacks Glenn Foley (Jets) and Steve Young (49ers) combined for 778 yards passing and six touchdowns in this 1998 season opener that would be settled in overtime.

Sunday 5/9 at 1 p.m. ET -- VIKINGS vs. RAMS (9/13/98)
Rams quarterback Tony Banks threw four interceptions in this turnover plagued game against Cris Carter and the Vikings. The game's outcome would hinge on a late defensive stand.

Monday 5/10 at 8 p.m. ET/PT -- PATRIOTS vs. CHARGERS (10/14/01)
Tom Brady led the Patriots to a 10-point fourth quarter comeback against the Chargers to force the game into overtime.

Sunday 5/16 at 1 p.m. ET -- PATRIOTS vs. JETS (9/12/99)
Patriots quarterback Drew Bledsoe passed for 340 yards and a touchdown against Keyshawn Johnson and the Jets on opening weekend of the 1999 season. The game would be decided on special teams.

Monday 5/17 at 8 p.m. ET/PT -- COWBOYS vs. REDSKINS (9/12/99)
In the 1999 season kickoff, the Cowboys and Redskins combined for 1,045 total yards in this NFC East overtime showdown.

Sunday 5/23 at 1 p.m. ET -- 49ers vs. FALCONS (10/14/01)
The 49ers Jeff Garcia and Terrell Owens teamed on three touchdown passes against Chris Chandler and the Falcons in a game that would end up in overtime.

Monday 5/24 at 8 p.m. ET/PT -- PACKERS vs. FALCONS (9/8/02)
Opening weekend of the 2002 season was headlined by two superstar quarterbacks, Michael Vick (Falcons) and Brett Favre (Packers) in a game that would be decided in overtime.

Sunday 5/30 at 1 p.m. ET -- PACKERS vs. RAIDERS (9/12/99)
Brett Favre (Packers) and Rick Gannon (Raiders) squared off in a duel that would produce 560 passing yards at Lambeau Field on opening weekend of the 1999 season.

Monday 5/31 at 8 p.m. ET/PT -- JAGUARS vs. BEARS (9/6/98)
Opening weekend of the 1998 season saw Mark Brunell and the Jaguars travel to Soldier Field in a game that would be decided on one of the game's final plays.
[Image: 855.jpg]
Sounds cool, but unfortunately I don't have DirecTV. I am hoping Cablevision acquires this channel in the near future, but with their awful track record I'm not holding my breath.
<center>[Image: FOM.jpg]</center>
well missed week one already but
this sounds sweet.
so much for that direct killed my card
I hear ya.

Can't even fix it this time.
[Image: Jailbaitsig.jpg]
amazing how the p4 has jumped up in price
even though there is no fix yet
Shennanigans i say
I got a virgin P4 two months ago for 50 bucks. They're going for $150 now.

i'm gonna call directv and ask why they took away my free programming...fuckers
[Image: Jailbaitsig.jpg]
i had the opportunity to grab some about a year ago and passed kicking myself now of course. where im located right now they are anywhere from 150 to 250 am also in ontario.. if you checkout ebay the price and number of bids is ridiculious. especially for something no one has seen working yet.

been into direct since fall of 98. survived black sunday, the end of the h card,the unlooping situation and now what is the end of the hu..just a matter of time one thing for sure free tv ain't free. i got a lot of use out of my little
programer over the years now i'll just sit back and ride it out.
now if bell would just quit f'n around with theirs.