Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I wonder if this is true?
Quote:Originally posted by header
No (while cutting military benefits was shitty) I asked you to show me where he cut the volunteer military.

I said he cut <i>funding</i>. Don't put words in my mouth.

Edit: Just saw your edit, so ignore that. Apology accepted.
I do dare to bring back...

I'm still looking for an article of some sort saying specifically that this is an idea being pushed by the Bush administration. And God damn I just cant find it Confusedcratches head:
&lt;img src=&quot;http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/wilbraforce/sigs/headersig.jpg&quot;&gt;
* it's an edit party!!!
&lt;img src=&quot;http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/wilbraforce/sigs/headersig.jpg&quot;&gt;
I do dare to bring back...

I'm still looking for an article of some sort saying specifically that this is an idea being pushed by the Bush administration. And God damn I just cant find it Confusedcratches head:

I don't think anybody said it was.
Quote:Originally posted by Black Lazerus
So if they only had the draft for troops for Afghanistan would you be down, or are you going to give the taxes excuse again.

Note: I don't support the war in Iraq, we were tricked into believing that they were responsible for 9/11 then that they had WMD neither which were true. now we are caught in a catch 22. We are fucked if we do help them now and fucked if we don’t help them.

If it was a cause I believed in, yes I would go...

Afghanistan needed to be done, and it's a crime that business was not finished there. But, it's not like we need a draft to blow a bunch of towelheads out of their rock bunkers.

Afghanistan should have been our primary focus and only after it was reduced to a pile of rubble and Bin Laden was getting a m16 rifle shoved up his ass in the deep dark corner of a CIA interrogation room, should we have been looking elsewhere.
[Image: floydsig.jpg]
<marquee>We are the music-makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams, Wandering by lone sea-breakers, And sitting by desolate streams; World-losers and world-forsakers, On whom the pale moon gleams: Yet we are the movers and shakers Of the world for ever, it seems.</marquee>
Quote:Afghanistan needed to be done, and it's a crime that business was not finished there.

We left afghanistan???
Rumsfeld sees no need to bring back Draft

A little something I found...

WASHINGTON - The Bush administration sees no need to reinstate the military draft, but it is pushing for improved Pentagon management of the 1.4 million-strong force in order to meet wartime needs, Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld said Thursday.

"I don't know anyone in the executive branch of the government who believes it would be appropriate or necessary to reinstitute the draft," Rumsfeld told the Newspaper Association of America's annual convention.

Some in Congress have questioned whether the long-term nature of the global war on terrorism might require a return to the system of military conscription that was abandoned in 1973.

Sen. Chuck Hagel, R-Neb., on Wednesday raised the possibility that compulsory military service might be necessary. The nation is engaged "in a generational war here against terrorism," Hagel said. "It's going to require resources."

"Should we continue to burden the middle class who represents most all of our soldiers, and the lower-middle class?" Hagel said. "Should we burden them with the fighting and the dying if in fact this is a generational - probably 25-year - war?"

Rumsfeld did not address the issue of burden-sharing, except to say the old system of conscription had "a lot of difficulties," including loopholes that permitted many to avoid being drafted.

He said the military simply does not need to abandon its all-volunteer approach.

"We have a relatively small military. We have been very successful in recruiting and retaining the people we need," he said. Although the military is strained by its commitments in Iraq and elsewhere, it is working on ways to get more combat power out of the existing force, he said.

The Army, for example, is reorganizing to increase the number of combat brigades from 33 to as many as 48 over the next several years. And the Pentagon is finding ways to pull troops out of jobs that could be done by civilian Defense Department workers or government contractors, thus freeing more troops for combat-related duties.
I'm not quite there yet
[Image: Riptide.jpg]
Believe the Hype, Bitch!!!!
Hmmm imagine that.
And if Donald Rumsfeld says it, it must be true...

[Image: TMW10-03-01.gif]
ahem

Quote:Rumsfeld Sees No Need For Draft
<b>Associated Press</b>
April 23, 2004
[Image: carrottop-19200.jpg]