Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kenyon Martin Traded
to Denver for 3 first round draft picks. Huge contract and I don't know if he's really worth it but I think the Nets really should have matched.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1840674

In any case, it makes me extremely happy. Are the Knicks back to being the top team in the tri-state area now? A couple moves and I would say so...
WOW. I wonder how well the Brooklyn Nets are gonna do now ?? Jayson Kidd must be pissed. I think he said the only reason he resigned with NJ was to play with Kenyon Martin while his career was on the rise. You KNOW he's gonna want out now. I think its a totally dumb move on the part of Nets management. They had a good 1-2 punch with Martin and Jefferson. Suckersssss

As for Jimbo's question about how the Knicks as a top team in the east ?? Theyre a second round playoff elimination AT BEST. Thats being very generous and optimistic. With Detroit and Indiana already on top....and now with the addition of Shaq to the HEAT....you can forget that idea.
[Image: zoolander1.jpg]

[marquee]The trouble with the world is everybody in it is 3 drinks behind - Humphrey Bogart[/marquee]
Quote:As for Jimbo's question about how the Knicks as a top team in the east ?? Theyre a second round playoff elimination AT BEST. Thats being very generous and optimistic
I know that. That's why I said tri-state area Wink meaning they're better than the Nets once again, at last because in my opinion this drops the Nets down substantially..
Jersey is still a better team than the Knicks just cause of the fact they played together longer. They have a better feeling for each other than a team that was thrown together in the middle of the season but still made the playoffs.

If I were Knick management Id leave the current team alone and see how far they get in the season with a full season together. They should have never gotten rid of Van Horn and Doleac.
[Image: zoolander1.jpg]

[marquee]The trouble with the world is everybody in it is 3 drinks behind - Humphrey Bogart[/marquee]
i agree on van horn. i'd like to see them get crawford and/or vince carter though. get rid of more deadweight like shandon anderson. i also think you may be able to get something for fwill as well...they have marbury and moochie, why not just give a guy like andre barrett a shot at the 3rd pg spot?
Without K-Mart, the Nets have the worst rebounding team in the league. He averaged 9.5 boards last year, next highest on the team was Jason Kidd. They really need to look to free agency now and try to land a PF...maybe Brian Skinner or Stromile Swift. I wonder why they didn't insist on Denver including Nene in the deal; he's young, a solid rebounder, and great defensively. Now it looks like he'll be coming off the bench behind Martin and Camby...