Poll: Does Absence Make the Heart Grow Fonder?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Absence Make the Heart Grow Fonder?
<b>Does absence really make the heart grow fonder?</b>

Dear GIP:

I have been dating a guy for 16 months and have become pretty serious with him in the past three. I found out two weeks ago that I am being promoted and have to relocate from LA to Chicago for 6 to 18 months. I know that he should not follow me, nor could I ask him to. But how do we evaluate whether we should try a long-distance relationship? Both of us are young, I am 23 and he's 25, and firmly believe in dating for a long time before moving to the next step. Help!

P

<i>GIP WRITES:</i>

Dear P:

It sounds as if the two of you have built a solid foundation of mutual caring, respect, trust and passion.

A long-distance relationship can be a wonderful test of whether you and your boyfriend are truly meant to be. Continue speaking, emailing and snail-mailing after you move, and schedule romantic weekends together. If, as time passes, the bond between you grows stronger, you can move ahead with assurance that you're coming together for the best of reasons. If, ultimately, absence makes the heart grow less fond, you'll know you gave the romance your best shot. And since the two of you have such a healthy relating style, you'll probably wind up with a friend, if not a lover, for life. And that's no small potatoes!

Thank you for playing...
[Image: fearloathingkewgardens.jpg]
It amuses me that you had to mention food in your reply.
<center>[Image: alkeysalsa.jpg]</center>
<font color=red><marquee>You ain't no motha'fuckin' bully... and I ain't bowin' to no motha'fuckin' bully... I won't allow it ain't gon' cowar to no bully, I'll be damned if I don't stand up to a bully... fight like a man and throw my hands up to a bully...</font></marquee>
speaking of small potatoes.
[Image: fearloathingkewgardens.jpg]
Yes it does. It also makes you paranoid as hell :confused:
[Image: zoolander1.jpg]

[marquee]The trouble with the world is everybody in it is 3 drinks behind - Humphrey Bogart[/marquee]
"When it's over -- that's the time I fall in love again"
&lt;center&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;http://members.hometown.aol.com/_ht_a/oabrokenjaw/images/plutogrowl.gif&quot; border=&quot;0&quot;&gt;&lt;/center&gt;
It really depends on the person. there are times when I can miss my girl right after I leave or I can go for days on end without feeling that loneliness.
I'm not quite there yet
[Image: Riptide.jpg]
Believe the Hype, Bitch!!!!
I think it depends on the relationship and also on the circumstances of the absence.
[Image: 2girls.jpg]

(Laughing hysterically to himself for no apparent reason)

I think my medication is kicking in. Anyone else see the pretty little clouds that look like horsies?
there really was no point for you to post that mike.

anyway...as most of the people in this thread have said it does usually depend on each individualo situation but what i have seen for the most part is that lond distance relationships just suck and dont work out.
Quote:Originally posted by AngelAmy
there really was no point for you to post that mike.

It was for my own personal amusement. Do you mind? It's not like other threads don't have useless inane posts inbedded in them for the sake of the posters own personal amusement.

Now...why don't you be a good little dyke and go back to having Ninny sit on your face and let the adults play.