Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Info re: ~The Gathering~ 8/23/03
Quick question that I didn't see covered in the other thread. Is this place all ours that day? I know you said it's huge and all and we wouldn't have to worry about space unless it rained, but to cram all of us (4 O&A boards) and then add in the summer crowd would be a absolute madhouse. If the Tradewinds were still open I'd say crowds would split between the two, but with them closed that makes Donovan's Reef the main spot in that area.

Just curious if you guys secured the place for just us that day.
<center>[Image: FOM.jpg]</center>
Quote:Originally posted by IrishAlkey
Nothing like drinking on the beach...

<marquee behavior=alternate>:backflip: Confusedpin: :backflip:</marquee>

EGG ZAK LEE.

(yeah, I used it...it was appropriate. fuck off.)
Quote:Originally posted by Flock of Moosen

well, technically, no. we did not rent the place out.

Quote:If the Tradewinds were still open I'd say crowds would split between the two, but with them closed that makes Donovan's Reef the main spot in that area.

No worries there Mr. Moosen. Smile We did look into the Tradewinds and it will be open. (and it's only 2 blocks down...) There are 2 other bars nearby as well.
Quote:Originally posted by fhore twentee
Quote:Originally posted by Flock of Moosen

well, technically, no. we did not rent the place out. However, we did look into the Tradewinds and it will be open. (and it's only 2 blocks down...)
You sure about that? I could have sworn they closed down last year.
I too was surprised when I was told that they would be opened...we drove by and the sign was still up...if that counts for anything.

Also, we can't stress about the weather. rain or shine, I think this can be a kickass time. But yeah, let's hope it doesn't rain.

Think of it this way, more room for us though if it rains.

See, if it happens to be a wet day outside, there would be less "beach goers" driving down to the shore that day...which is why there is a plus side to it raining and which is why there'd be more room for us! Big Grin

and THAT is why we need Eddie Van Halen.
Quote:Originally posted by IrishAlkey
Donovan actually has a sweet ass.

I used to chill there all the time.
Thanks for the compliment, but enough with the gay references already. People are gonna think you're serious. I mean really, c'mon.
I just checked the Tradewinds site. That was news to me they were still in business. I know I remember hearing they were closing and they had this huge party to celebrate.

Well, that's good to know there is a Plan B.
I'm runnin' the no-huddle offense that day.

I'll make any necessary adjustments at half time.

that's my plan, B. Wink
Any idea who the band is that day? Their calendar only shows May.
&lt;center&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;http://members.hometown.aol.com/_ht_a/oabrokenjaw/images/plutogrowl.gif&quot; border=&quot;0&quot;&gt;&lt;/center&gt;
Quote:Originally posted by sweet angel
Any idea who the band is that day? Their calendar only shows May.

It'll be a bunch of bands during the day. At night It'll be the Nerds.

The deal with Tradewinds (according to the manager of Donovans) is that the place was sold but the buyers financing fell through, so they are still open.